Soif WOTY 2017
In a complete reversal of the Speculator counting down, I--because I am of the people--do the exact opposite. IN TEN DAYS I WILL TELL YOU WHO # 10 IS
No, just kidding. List will be out tomorrow, and because of all the complaints, it will be even weirder than 2016.
There's about 12 reaaons this is WOTY.
1. Valdigue is gonna be the hot hot HOT variety for 2018 you watch.
2. Cru-Bojo is hot and I love it dearly but I'm an AMERICAN, dammit.
3. Why pick an unobtanium bottle for the top spot? Why not pick a wine EVERYBODY can enjoy!
4. How much do you make an hour? Go to jlohr.com and read the tech sheet on this wine. Time yourself. See? you can't even break EVEN with the ludicrous amount of care they put into this bottle.
5. It's a stupidly-good wine.
IT'S TEN DOLLARS
People always talkin about good imports and How are they so cheap? and lookie here: right under your nose.
This 2016 is a big rich dense ripe beauty with more perceived sweetness and less minerality than the 2015. Just a ridiculously gorgeous across the spectrum of wine-enthusiasts.
It's 6.98 AT FOOD 4 LESS
Next year I'll pick a $100 wine for WOTY I promise! Until then....
Full TOP-2017 LOST at www.soifknows.com
Getting primed up for the corporate holiday party with a bottle I have been holding for a while. So long that the branding has changed! @champagnedosnon Recolte Noir - 100% Pinot Noir: gorgeous autolytics with white cherry, oatmeal and Chaulk minerals on the nose. Outstanding acidity carries this over a creamy finish that lingers with a steeliness. #champagne#dosnon#dosnonchampagne#avireylingey 🍾💯
I get asked to recommend inexpensive crowd-pleasing supermarket wines more around the holidays than any other time of year. So all you snobs just look the other way for a minute while I take these two babies for a spin around the block. The Justin is fairly predictable smoooth yumminess, but the Qupé somewhat shocked me with its Rhone funk. Don't forget these are sub-20 dollar 100,000-case nationwide middle shelf wonders.
COMPLETE NOTES on both at link in bio: www.soifknows.com