Twenty years ago this month I came to Cork, Ireland to study Irish traditional music and the Irish language. This is the UCC Quadrangle, which greeted me every day. I would not be the person or musician I am today if I had not come here. I met so many amazing people here who are still like family to me. It's truly great to be back here at this time in my life, and see that this was still standing in all of its glory.
- Survive without money or documents for 3 days (thanks Stansted) ✔
- Survive to the first week of work in ED ✔
- Escape from creepy B&B and its weird owner ✔
- Try not to speak like Benigni when you're nervous or tired ❌
- Explore your new temporary home 🔜
It doesn't happen that often to see a childhood dream come true.
I remember reading about the Causeway in a textbook, looking it up in a map, dreaming about the day I'd be old enough to go there.
Today I did. And it was more beautiful and intense and breathtaking than any dream could be.
So, now... ready for the next dream on the list! 🌌🌊