Rocks in Lyons have always looked like watercolor paintings to me 😍 look at the colors! 🎨⠀#lyonsrocks
Heading down to Buena Vista today to see one of my college besties and my mountain friends! @lexy.montana @ramble_on_rhee @mountainmanco25 @pat_mc87 @ob_joyful
Destination: New York City, USA.
Taiyaki is a Japanese fish-shaped cake. The most common filling is red bean paste that is made from sweetened azuki beans. Unicorn taiyakis? Just wow!
Photo credit: @ehgg• @thedscvrr • #thediscoverer#destinationplate#usa#nyc#idiscoverto
Water has been my favorite element this year. Little did everyone know, I was not born a swimmer.
I trained myself to be good friends with currents and waves. I jumped off highest cliffs even if it means getting myself bruised for a wrong fall. .
All these I did because I don't want to be afraid of drowning anymore. It's the kind of #bucketlist I proudly ticked off this year -- conquering what scared me most.
Hi @ofconsentingage, @vivianarino, @eiasantos Cheers to more adventures!
Photo by: @rosi.visuals
For your chance at being featured, make sure to FOLLOW us, LIKE our reposts and TAG #NotJustChicago . We're open to portraits, cityscapes, landscapes, light painting, steel wool spinning, drone shots, black & white, etc. Shots from Chicago and around the world. (Just no food shots as we think that's pretty well covered through other accounts.)
Follow our founder: @ScottTerry
Este tipo de cabañas o “huts” se encuentran regadas por Islandia🇮🇸 en sitios desolados, hay de todo tipo y tamaño, pueden ser usadas para resguardarte un rato o hasta para pasar la noche si la encuentras abierta y disponible. Son básicas pero representan una muy buena mejora si se pensaba dormir en carpa.
"Entusiasmo" é proveniente de uma palavra grega, que significa "ter os deuses dentro", e toda vez que vejo que os deuses estão dentro de uma pessoa, ou de muitas ou de coisas, ou da natureza, então eu digo: "Isso é o que falta pra me convencer de que viver vale a pena." (Eduardo Galeano) #tb 🔙 #travelcroatia 🇭🇷 #canondslr#npkrka
Caption this 🤙🏻
카페에 앉아 나의 찻잔 위에
네 작은 그림자를 띄워 놓고
기다리는 시간 위에
조금의 커피향 올려놨어
내게로 오는 걸음 내내
/청춘학개론, 니 생각중이야
Did you know... ➡️ late fall and winter are the most favored times for sunrise and sunset viewing over most of the United States.
Pollution climatology also largely explains why the deserts 🌵 and tropics 🌴 are noted for their twilight hues: air pollution in these regions is, by comparison, minimal. (@noaa)
If the key to killer sunsets is minimal air pollution...Can you imagine what sunsets looked like 100 years ago? 200? 1000? 🤯
Departure to Ratchaburi, Thailand. Damnoen Saduak is a district in western Thailand in Ratchaburi Province. The central town is most famous because of its floating market held every day till noon on a khlong not far from the district office. • Photo credit: @umutkiziltan • @thedscvrr • #thediscoverer#departure365#thailand ##idiscoverto
[#KeralaBlogExpress 🇮🇳 5th edition is open!]
In 2010 Nick and I spent 4 months in India, and one of our favourite destinations was #Kerala , the southern state sometimes referred to as ‘God’s Own Country’, as it’s impossibly beautiful. We spent three weeks travelling around Kerala, visiting colonial churches, the famous backwaters, national parks where we spotted wild elephants, tea plantations and more! And do you know what’s even better? If you’re a blogger, instagrammer or influencer, YOU can also visit Kerala next March - Kerala Blog Express is a two-week press trip taking influencers to the best places around Kerala, enjoying the best of what the state has to offer. Just check keralablogexpress.com to know more! •
I was invited by the lovely Jiayi (@thediaryofanomad ) to say 10 things about myself! By the way, she is one if my favourite travel ladies and has one of the most beautiful and colourful gallery, so please do follow her IMMEDIATELY!! ♥️ ***********************
1. I was born and grew up in Italy. I lived most of my life in Catania then moved to Pisa to study History at the university. I moved to the UK four years ago!
2. I’m currently finishing my PhD which is about medieval travels (and travellers, mostly pilgrims). I am specialised in travels in and out from medieval Venice in the 15th century
3. I speak Italian, English, French and even if not popular, Latin 🤣
4. I am Harry Potter addicted. My house is practically a museum! ⚡️
5. I used to play waterpolo when I was younger
6. I hate fish. I can’t even hear the smell of it! 😖
7. I write itineraries and do paintings (yes paintings) of my travels in old fashioned booklets! This makes me feel more like an adventurer and I can collect all the strangest things all in one place!🗺 *
8. I always travel with a book no matter how heavy is my baggage 🤓
9. I have hundreds of books and I continue to buy them thinking that sooner or later I will have more time to do what I want! Ergo, stay on the beach and reading non-stop.
10. However, I’m not one of those who is ready to give up his career for a nomadic life. I worked so much to arrive where I am and I love to be a historian (despite being constantly immersed in old manuscripts dust)! 📚
Tagging some of my favourite ladies here to continue the tradition! Check their amazing accounts! @the_travelogist @sbri_bri @theblondetraveldiary @zuzanacloud