Feast on a healthy harvest bowl this season with all of your favorite fall flavors.
FOR THE DRESSING
1/4 c. apple cider
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
2/3 c. olive oil
1/2 shallot, minced
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. honey
Freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE BOWLS
1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 red onion, sliced
2 sweet potatoes, cut into small cubes
2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 tsp. dried thyme
Freshly ground black pepper
3 c. sliced grilled chicken
2 c. finely sliced kale
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. sliced almonds
1/4 c. shaved Parmesan
3 c. cooked brown rice
Preheat oven to 425. On a large, parchment lined baking sheet, mix Brussels sprouts, sweet potato and red onion with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and thyme. Bake until vegetables are tender, 25-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette. In a large bowl, whisk cider, vinegar, olive oil, shallot, mustard and honey until smooth and combined. Season with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, mix kale with cranberries and almonds. Add 1/3 c prepared dressing to the salad and toss.
Assemble bowls: top 1 cup rice with 1 cup roasted vegetables, 1/2 cup salad, and 1 cup chicken. Top with a drizzle of dressing and serve.
#regram @mariadaniellevenegas Congratulations to my gorgeous mother for accomplishing her 1,000 class goal! She and her dedicated group of workout buddies show up at 5am, 6 days a week to conquer High Intensity Interval Training. No sweat. Consistency counts! Fear no evil. See no evil.”
#regram @amber_evans1 “Here’s to 75 classes with Sunstone. For some, 75 classes might not be a big deal. For me, this means pushing myself to accomplish my fitness and health goals while juggling two little kids, a husband, two jobs, and studying to develop my craft. I’m so grateful for all the wonderful support and community I have found @sunstoneatc @sunstonefit” It is a big deal! Well done!
“Jordan Metzl, MD, is serious about high-intensity interval training. So much so that HIIT is becoming his go-to Rx. Here are his 5 surprising myth-busting facts about High Intensity Interval Training (via WellandGood)
1. HIIT is no more dangerous than less intense forms of exercise
2. HIIT has many research-backed benefits beyond burning fat
3. HIIT can improve your athletic performance elsewhere
4. Ten minutes of HIIT really does make a difference
5. HIIT sounds like torture, but people actually find it fun https://www.wellandgood.com/good-sweat/high-intensity-interval-training-jordan-metzl/ #SunstoneFit#LiveWellLiveFit
Don’t skip breakfast on busy mornings. Make these grain-free spinach muffins on the weekend and you’ve got healthy breakfasts for the week all ready to go!
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
8 oz. package spinach, sautéed
3 green onions, chopped and sautéed
1 jalapeno, chopped
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp baking soda
4 Tbsp almond flour
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup mix of Italian cheese (romano, parmesan, mozzarella)
4 eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp ghee
1. Preheat oven to 430°F.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté spinach, green onions, and jalapeño for three minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the yogurt with baking soda.
4. Measure out the rest of the ingredients and add to the bowl with yogurt and baking soda. Stir well but don’t over mix. It is important the batter stays a little clunky and the muffins will turn out fluffier.
5. Combine the batter evenly between nine greased muffin cups.
6. Bake at 430°F for 20 to 22 minutes, timing will differ with each oven. Serve with sliced tomatoes.
It time for #MeetTheTeamTuesday ! Say hello to Tanya, Sr. Director of Studio Operations.
.. Q: What cartoon character best resembles you?
A: Maybe Velma from Scooby Doo, she was usually first to figure out the mystery
Q: Best place you have ever been?
Q: Where would you love to go on holiday?
A: I have many, but Yosemite National Park might be at the top of my list
Hard work is beautiful!
#regram 📸: @jesstonesitup_ I’m gonna be real with y’all for a second. I feel prettiest when I’m sweating. That moment when I’m at the bar, inches from the mirror staring myself down while I’m dripping in sweat - in that moment I feel my best. Strong. Sexy. Confident. I don’t need heels and a ball gown, give me some @athleta leggings and a strappy sports bra and I’m happy... #SunstoneFIT#LiveWellLiveFit
THANK YOU to everyone that came out to the Live Well, Live Fit Expo, participated in the activities & especially to our vendors! We had a great time at Agape Foundations! #afi#agapefoundationsinc#livewelllivefit