🌟🌟🌟 For those who repaint, or are considering taking up the hobby, I highly recommend pure acetone over nail polish remover. You can pick it up for as little as 5 bucks a quart, and with as efficiently as it works, it is by far the better buy. 🌟🌟🌟 ☠ A couple of words of warning...although it will remove your nail polish just as efficiently, it will dry out your nails much faster than nail polish remover. Like nail polish remover, the fumes are toxic, so be sure to use this in a well ventilated area and keep it far away from children. ☠ #dollstagram#toystagram#dollartist#art_daily#ooak#faceup#repaint#acetone#nailpolishremover#dollartistry#toyartistry
So I thought I’d post how I fix my dolls necks when the peg breaks.
1. Jab a hole through the front and back of the neck with a hot nail. Use pliers to hold the nail.
2. Put thin wire (any strong wire) through the hole so that it sticks out about three inches on either side.
3. Find a round bead that can sit in the head hole without falling in but fits within the divot
4. Wrap that bead until the whole thing can only move from side to side.
5. Heat the doll’s head in boiling water and carefully push the new neckpiece into the hole
6. Dunk that head in cold water to stiffen it again