Did you guys catch my 5 fun facts about myself that I revealed in my stories yesterday? If so you can still catch them! and since I’m on a roll, here are 5 more:
1. I earned my MFA in writing from Sarah Lawrence college. My thesis was a novel set place in Haiti, but I haven’t finished it (of course), because I’ve never been to Haiti. I intend to go this year, and who knows? My novel might actually make its way towards being completed.
2. I fall asleep to dateline every night. Either that or Dominic Dunn repeats. Murder + deception =beyond fascinating.
3. I had an amazing year of growth with my blog last year (page views on page views), but I soon realized that folks came for the tea and didn’t actually come back. So this year, I’m taking a huge slash in revenue to refocus on bringing forth quality content. And XONecole’s recent sale is proof that you CAN rebound after changing the direction of your platform. So I’m sort of starting over, which means I’m on the job market again after two years of being a full-time content creator. I’m excited, though. Change is good.
4. I’m one nasty bish when I’m hungry 😩
5. When people tell me they want to meet me I get terrible anxiety. I’m always afraid I’ll disappoint. 😩😩
Okay, that’s all I got for now. I’ll try to come up with some more! Feel free to tag a friend and share some of your own fun facts below.
Casual wear for the win because it’s Tuesday and more snow is coming tonight / tomorrow ! ☃️ yes, my sweater says CHIC in big pink letters bc why not ? 🙃😛 Entire look from @primark ! These ombré leggings are lifee 🌸 #iworkwithprimark#primarkusa
Love this #helloboston sign inside #primark this is usually where I meet a load of expats from Europe. Soooo it looks like tomorrow is all calm until we get more snow on Wednesday that's great cuz I have a lunch date with my aunties tomorrow #tuesdayblues#tuesdaybluesday
French pedicure from the spa and nude on my nails at home. All about #selfcare before a busy weekend attending parties. For once im not hosting any just relax dress up and enjoy. After sledging sigh the kids this morning I needed my hot water bottle and a massage chair at the nail salon. 👌🏼#pedicure
“Someday you’ll be old enough to read fairytales again” - CS Lewis. I find there are some people who are quite cynical in this day and age. People who absolutely don’t believe in happily ever afters. And I totally get it, I mean our world is full of such terrible reality at times that it’s quite hard for some people to imagine that a happily ever after can even exist besides in books and fairytales. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I love how Jesus tells us we must become like little children towards Him. Children look at life with wonder and trust with a pure and uncorrupted heart. Children believe that anything in the world is possible (i.e move a mountain). That means we must put our cynical, undoubting ways behind us. Sometimes I’m guilty of doubting and worrying myself. We must find the hope in happily ever afters again, because with Jesus, there’s always a happily ever after. We must look at life and trust that God is our Father, always loving us, always trying to push us forward. Sometimes I need to remind myself of this, especially when circumstances aren’t so great. Just remember that God is for you - and don’t ever lose your childlike wonder. 💖
Cannot believe that it’s 2018 and I’m almost all settled in my new home for the semester 🇬🇧I’m definitely most excited to use my @primark gift card for some new beauty products and last minute essentials for my townhouse 💋💄#primarkusa#primarkseason
My "I'm serious please don't let winter break end!! And make me go back to work" face 😝...But trust me my excited face to ring in the new year tomorrow is a GOOD one! Anything to start fresh, set goals, plan, organize and let my true "Monica Geller" self run wild is always a good time for me.