How to enjoy the Christmas holidays without piling on the (unnecessary) pounds 🤗
1. Keep active. Make a conscious effort to sit less and walk whenever possible. 🤸🏻♀️
2. Lower your calories on the days leading up to Christmas (or days where you're going to eat big meals). Calories don't just matter on a day to day basis so having low carbs/fats Monday and Tuesday to make up for the high carbs/fats on Wednesday will help balance out your weekly calorie balance. 🦃
3. Exercise 1-2 times per week, something as small as a walk will be better than nothing and a lot of gyms only close on Christmas day so the gym being closed isn't a valid excuse 🤡
4. Start every day off right by having a solid breakfast, for most that's a 1/4 or a 1/3 of the days meals. Have plenty of protein and veggies earlier in the day keeping carbs for later on. ⏱ 🍳
5. Enjoy yourself without overdoing it, you should not feel guilty for participating in festivities. Just be mindful of portion sizes and energy balance. 🤗💡
Hope this helps, tag somebody who could benefit from this 👌🏻
Are you where you want to be in your life?
Did you make a set goals for yourself but never got around to start working on them. You continue to tell yourself that you will eventually get to them but never do.
5 years later and you’ve not made any progress. Just think that if you did start when you wanted to, you’d be so far ahead of the game now.
Sometimes life will throw us curve balls and we have to figure out how to adapt to these sudden changes. When you are dealt a situation, how do you handle it? Do you take care of it right away or just kind of ignore it and continue with your goals?
I’ve realized that no matter how much is thrown at you, there is an end to all of it. In some way you will learn something about yourself. You will learn how you handle to stress and similar type of situations. .
Just remember every action you choose, there are are consequences to those actions. Just think and plan about what you’re going to do and make it the best possible outcome for yourself. .
When macro counting gets rough! Luckily @vidislavski helped me out! My rating of the Israeli protein bar/shake scene: 'Meh-minus.' Most convenience stores still don't have shakes and few have bars. But I hear it's getting better. So far the best shake scene is the USA (fuck yeah) and the best bar scene is the... United FOCKING Kingdom! No joke the U.K. protein bar scene is off the chain.
I hate long periods away from the gym... but I love the journey back
1.5 months off, 10 days back on