Over 500 email correspondences, 14 luggages & 7 pairs of safety boots led to this Shipboard Learning Journey on Wallenius Marine's MV Parsifal, a car-carrier that is among the largest Ro-Ro vessels in the world.
Here's a look at their first day, in photo sequence:
1. Parsifal approaching! They can’t wait for their ‘new’ office for the next few days
2. Sorry no kid's size immersion suit for Angel! But you still have to try wearing it within 1 min in order for your life to be saved in case of ship sinking
3. 3rd officer Rex giving a helping hand to Sherry
4. How to go down the stairs safely
5. Going into the free fall lifeboat to test out how to buckle up
6. Once a month testing of the launch & maneuvering of the rescue boat
7. Police line-up? Stand according to your muster list number for a head count in emergency cases
8. Capt Nordin welcoming them onboard
9. After they have finished night time cargo watch with Rex
10. And it's a wrap for the 1st day of their shipboard learning journey!