🚨 FLASHBACK TIME 🚨
This was my grocery cart 4 years ago 😳
The caption to this photo 4 years ago? “This was only some of my grocery haul today. I hate being an adult.”
Guys, this is not appropriate food at all for an adult. Look at those jugs of fruit punch (that I totally mixed with vodka 😏). The boxed food. The Pop Tarts.
I knew how to cook healthy foods 4 years ago but I didn’t because 1. I was lazy (my excuses were: “I go to school full time and work full time. I don’t have time to cook) and 2. I thought it was expensive.
But I was exhausted all the time. I couldn’t walk up the three flights of stairs to my apartment without getting winded. I couldn’t do a single push up. I used caffeine to stay up late.
In short, I was unhealthy af.
Looking back on this, I am SO thankful for this journey and all I have learned ❤️
#TommyThompson vanished after discovering millions of dollars of gold treasure from a shipwreck. Find out why he has been called “the smartest fugitive ever”. Listen to Episode 3 at swindledpodcast.com
If ya know me, you know I have anxiety. Baaaaaad anxiety too 😥
I never really knew how to deal with my anxiety without the help of medication. And even then I’d have at least two panic attacks a month.
Enter, meditation. I would have NEVER thought to do meditation because I see it like I see yoga: too slow. I’m not a slow down, focus on your breath kind of girl. I’m more of a go go go, always do something girl.
At the end of 2017 though, I decided I was going to start taking time for myself. Meditation and affirmations entered my life.
Now, I meditate for 10 minutes (with the help of an app because I have no clue what I’m doing 😂) and then ask the universe 🔮 for advice to guide me through the day.
Tbh I would never turn to meditation to help my anxiety if it wasn’t for my coaching gig. Being a health and fitness coach is so much more than physical health for me and day by day I’m taking steps to make sure my mental health is just as good as my physical health ✌🏻 Thanks, coaching gig for helping me become a better person 😍
If you wanna know more about how this “little gig” has helped me transform and how it can help you, let’s chat 📲
Part 15- THE QUESTIONS LEFT:
1. Are statements from neighborhood locals about body mutilation & binding true? Pre or post mortem?Nudity & partial decomposition are verified. Some murders must be seen as linked, otherwise they would not merit F.B.I. attention by law (according to the most recent F.B.I. symposium on serial murder).
2. What did Megan Oxendine know about the first 2 murders & who attacked her/ cut her hair weeks prior to her own disappearance & murder after speaking with the media?
3. Where was Cynthia Jacobs when she last saw Megan, before disappearing herself, & what did she know?
4. Who is the man in the Buick that drove Abby Patterson to her fate & what was the destination? Police possess knowledge pertaining to both answers.
5. In lieu of a discernible cause of death via autopsy, what will the toxicology reports from the State Medical Examiner conclude?
6. Is the killer’s goal to possess/ humiliate/ seek revenge for a perceived wronging? While sexual motivation seems likely could there be other motives?
7. Why is the F.B.I. assisting with not only the murders but also one woman’s grave desecration nearby? Others have occurred.
8. UNSUB traits- A psychopath in the realm of law enforcement or “wanna be”, the military, or another profession? Drifter in the Eastern part of N.C. or family man? Religious psychosis? Someone with a past history tied to prostitutes/ drug addicts? Do they have a commandeering mother or issues with women? An organized killer seeking attention or other purpose in the manner of disposal? Does anyone in Lumberton fit the MacDonald Triad with past childhood trauma? Have they written to police/ media?
9. Are the unsolved Lumberton prostitute/ drug addict murders/ disappearances & grave disturbances since 2009 linked? What about past & present events in N.C. remaining unsolved such as the 7 Bridges Killer of Rocky Mount?
10. Is Lumberton law enforcement’s justified dismissal & withholding of information strategic & indicative of what that behavior usually points to- a serial killer in their midst, taunting & evading them?
11. Will the various social crises leading to the perfect environment for the killer be acknowledged?
Y’all, I’m like always working because I work from home so overtime feels like nothing. My manager said they don’t need help tonight sooooo I have a night off. What is this?!? (Matt’s at work too so I’m home alone for 5 hours.)
Haven’t gotten enough of #DirtyJohn ? Check out this live interview with the people involved in this real life story. Also, hear from John’s first wife and children and about other women who dated him.
🆗🆗🆗 This new program is AMAZEBALLS and I -think- I actually LOVE the trainer now (after doing four of her other programs 🙈). I’m not gonna take up your time to RAVE about this program and everything about it (including the SIX meals I eat daily!!!). Instead, y’all can check out my InstaStories if y’all want my day to day life, including the workouts, because ya girl needs to post about ALLLLLL da food because she needs to stay tf on track.
I will say this though: this journey is gonna CHANGE MY 🌎
I’m SO excited for the workouts and the food and, oh yeah, THE SUPPORT. Support is HUGE for me and I NEED peeps to check in with to make sure I stay on track. It may only be day 1 but I’m telling y’all right now, I’m gonna CRUSH this program and be a lean machine by the time I see Andy again in April (and yes, I do count time by when I’m seeing my fave next; judge me 😂) Day 1/80 is MF’in’ crushed. Bring it on, day 2.
Part 14- INTERESTING UBER REDACTION (LIKELY NOT RELATED): Charles Rayford Hunt Jr. (40) of Columbus County N.C. is being held on $50,000 bond after being charged with concealing & failing to report the death of Kathleen Capra (48) of Myrtle Beach, S.C. She was reported missing on Dec. 29th by her father after leaving home with an unknown acquaintance & her body discovered on Dec. 31st along a path in the woods located in Tabor City, which is a relatively short distance from Lumberton. And while he may not be related, there is a Charles Rayford Hunt Senior listed as living in nearby Robeson County. Horry County coordinated with Columbus County to locate Hunt & have him subsequently lead them to the body he admitted dumping. He claims she was placed there after overdosing. Autopsy did not reveal a cause of death, while toxicology results are pending. The event is considered isolated but there is an ongoing investigation. The police report that illuminates what lead them to Hunt in the first place has been heavily redacted, however, it is known he met the victim when driving for Uber but was not working for them in an official capacity when discarding the body. Capra had previous legal issues concerning substance abuse & was out on bond. The victim type, as well as the holding of the body, plus the expedited special treatment by the State Medical Examiner’s office in Raleigh, raises interesting parallels with previous cases. However, there are many differences that would make it an anomaly in an otherwise fairly consistent pattern of partial decomposition & unconfirmed mutilation/ binding. It seems more likely a horrible one-off? More than likely, the person responsible for the previously mentioned serial killings remains in the abyss of Eastern N.C. until surfacing again.
We got in the car and Charlie drove to a farm he’d hunted at before. The farmer was friendly. He wasn’t suspicious or rude. He said we could stay there. Charlie had no reason to shoot that man, but he did. He shot him and then beat his poor dog to death with the butt of his shotgun. I thought “If he could do that to someone who hadn’t upset him, what would he do to me? What would he do to my family?” There was so much rage inside of him and he treated killing as a welcome catharsis. That was the moment — as he stood there, splattered with blood, contented and admiring his handiwork — that his threats really began to sink in.
What Katie Did bullet bra
Skirt is by Kate Spade, found at #goodwill
Cardigan was tagless but also found at goodwill
The sweat was real after my 25 minute workout today 💦
But the workout was called Dig Deep so it was the most appropriate workout for my last workout before my 80 day program.
To make it through the 80 days I’m going to have to dig freaking deep and push myself to the limit to get the results
I want 💪🏻 But I KNOW I’m ready for the challenge (after ☝🏻 more treat day of course 😉)
Ongoing instability, dysfunctional institutions, and lack of enforcement contribute to Somalia’s top ranking as the most corrupt country in the world. The governing elite in #Somalia often embezzle public funds and take bribes with zero ramifications. #CorruptionWorldTour
Score: 10 / 100
Source: Transparency International CPI 2016
Ohaiiii, I found a new use for my sliders today 😴😂 Forreal though, these things are TOUGH AF but I’m SO excited for this program to start. Not only will I be challenged physically but I’ll be challenged MENTALLY; ya girl is gonna get on an ACTUAL daily schedule (something that I haven’t honestly had since I started my new job in August 😳). There’s two days left until the program starts but that’s more than enough time to jump in! Soooo whatchu waitin’ for?
AH, MY ABS!
Did y’all read that ☝🏻 in the character from Spongebob’s voice? ‘Cause that’s how I said it 😂
Y’all that workout was HARD. And it was a sneak peek-ish from that ✨ NEW ✨ 80 day program I’m starting Monday. Guys…I haven’t done an intense program like this since Insanity. And yeah, that was just in September but 💩 these sneak peeks are ALMOST as hard as Insanity…which only means the legit program will probably be JUST as hard (if not harder 😬) than Insanity. Like what?!? Oh and I had another freaking amazing nonscale victory today too, which I already shared in my kickass accountability group. If you’re not in there (PS-you’re CRAZY if you aren’t and you have any kind of GOALS 💪🏻) I’ll gush about my NSV again since I can’t believe it…
I DID 15 PUSH UPS IN A ROW ON MY TOES! 🎉🎉🎉 I also did 7 push ups in a row on my toes and 10 push ups in a row on the toes! After my workout I realized Matt was working out so I joined him in some of his sets and OMG. First set I did 7 in a row, then 10 AND THEN 15.
LIKE WHO AM I?!? 😳 I’ve had to modify push ups FOREVER and the most I’ve ever done in a row on my toes is NOT 15. This is HUGE for me.
OK, I’m done gushing. Ignore me while I try not to move my midsection at all for fear of dying of soreness.
Oh and btw, remember to be better than yesterday ✌🏻