You guys asked for it! Here is it!! For more recipes like this one, be sure to LIKE my page COACH CHRISTIE KOESTER.
Zucchini-Cashew Soup (see image for ingredients)
1. Soak cashews in ½ cup water for 1 hour.
2. While cashews are soaking, bring 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add zucchini; cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
3. Place cashews (with water), zucchini, salt (if desired), and seasoning blend (if desired) in a blender or food processor, in 2 or more batches if necessary; cover with lid and kitchen towel. Blend until smooth.
4. Heat soup, if desired, in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes or until hot. Do not boil.
5. Soup can also be served cold.
Nutritional Information: (per serving)
Total Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 738 mg
Carbs: 18 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 9 g
Protein: 8 g
Got up bright and early yesterday to make these oven-baked zucchini fries from @lexiscleankitchen. Re-roasted the leftovers for lunch today and I must say, they were well worth heating the oven to 425 degrees on a 80+ degree day in LA.