Day 13: Fruitcake! Remember that dried fruit I soaked in rum two weeks ago? It was all for this. Fruitcake gets a bad rap, but that's because most people buy them from the store. Store fruitcake is terrible - don't do it. Homemade is a different story. The rum-soaked fruit is added to a spice cake batter to produce a delicious Christmas fave in our house. #fruitcake#christmasbaking#christmas#amateurbaker
This pretty little pie of mine was a finalist in the @waitressmusical pie contest sponsored by @dsmperforming earlier this week! And though she didn’t win the grand prize, I think she’s still a keeper. Salted Caramel Pecan Brownie Pie, anyone!? 🥧🙌🏼💕 #amateurbaker#piecontest#catchdesmoines
What is better to serve on the Christmas morning than Cinnamon Rolls fresh from the oven?
3 1/2cup bread flour
1 1/2tsp baking powder
1 1/2tsp salt
1/2cup warm milk
3/4cup plain yogurt
1cup brown sugar
2tbsp ground cinnamon
1. Mix warm milk, sugar and yeast. Leave it for 5 mins to activate the yeast.
2. Mix all dry ingridients in large bowls.
3. Pour the yeast mixture to the dry ingridients. Add whisked egg and yogurt.
4. If you do it manually, which you can, mix the mixture until kneading consistency. If you are using standing mixer use cake batter first then change it into dough hook.
5. Knead the dough until smooth.
6. Put the dough on oil brushed bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Leave it for 1,5hours.
7. After the dough is developed, give it a good punch and knead it again for 5-10minutes.
8. Let it rest for another 5 minutes.
9. Roll it into rectangle shape.
10. Melt the butter mix it with cinnamon and brown sugar.
11. Spread the cinnamon mixture on top of the dough. Leave it 1/2 cm on each sides.
12. Roll the dough tightly. Cut into 2 cm each.
13. Bake in preheated oven with 160c temp for 30 mins.
14. Serve it with your favorite frosting!
The most famous reindeer of all 😍🦌🎄 .
Thanks to @glisteningoccasions_ for the beautiful antlers and @lamannapatisserie for the classy Rudolph decoration inspiration! And my new @kenwood_au mixer for the most beautiful icing creation experience I’ve ever had 🙌🏻😍