AHHH-MAZING lunch yesterday at Carrabba’s Italian Grill!!
•Photo 1 is the Fettuccine Weesie. This is so pleasing to the taste buds. It is fettuccine alfredo with juicy shrimp, scallions, basil, mushrooms, and garlic. Not to mention it is topped of with a white wine sort of lemon buttery sauce 🍜
•Photo 2 is the Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Arugula 😍 this is a crusted parmesan and breadcrumbs chicken breast topped with an arugula salad. The lemon vinaigrette it was coated in was just mouthwatering 🤤🤤🤤 it was also served with a cucumber salad 🥒🍅
I know that this is not a fancy new restaurant or anything, but it deserves a post because it is one of my simple fav salads! It is Nordstrom Cafe’s grilled prawns and arugula salad. It comes with kernels of sweet corn, and polenta croutons...trust me, this is tasty! Also, Afton loves Nordstrom’s mac and cheese off the kids menu. 😊
Have you guys tried @the_tuckshoppe yet? Because they have amazing sandwiches. This is the Chicketta: herbed chicken, salsa verde aioli, crispy chicken skin, arugula, and chili threads. Everything about it is great but you know what I love? The chili threads. They give a ton of flavour and just the hint of a kick. Super tasty. You should try it.
Dinner suggestion - when there’s barely anything in the fridge 🙃: linguine, garlic, arugula tossed in at the end, a splash of olive oil, salted & peppered toasted bread crumbs, topped with some parmesano. #beyourownchef
That feeling when you get home from a long day of work, starving, and remember that you brilliantly bought yourself a piece of arugula pizza earlier in the day because you know this moment would come, but you had first forgotten about it. Yes. That feeling. *swoon*
Picked up a frozen cauliflower pizza crust from @traderjoes and it was seriously yummy...topped with my homemade baby kale pesto, a bunch of greens and hemp seeds 💚💚💚!
BABY KALE PESTO
2 cups baby kale
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/3 cup pine nuts
Fresh lemon juice, to taste, (juice of 1/2 - 1 whole lemon)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional: 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Pulse baby kale, garlic and pine nuts in food processor until coarsely chopped. With food processor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix in cheese if desired.
I had leftover mashed sweet potato sooo I put together a bowl, inspired/photo by @pinchofyum Mine definitely did not look like this but it tasted incredible. Arugula is my absolute favorite so majority of my bowl was green. 😋🌿😋🌿😋
My version; Sweet Potato seasoned with Turmeric/Ginger/Pepper/Thyme, Raw Arugula, Fried Egg, Rice, with lemon dressing on top of everything!
(Squash) your winter blues with this warm arugula salad 🥗
Roasted Butternut Squash 🎃
• 1 Butternut Squash (cubed)
• 1 TBS of Avocado Oil
• 1 TBS of Dried Thyme
• 1 TBS of Dried Sage
• Pinch of Salt and Pepper
• Combine all ingredients and toss Butternut Squash until coated • Place on sheet pan and roast for 40 min at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (turn halfway through) until brown and crispy •
Warm Arugula Salad 🍃
• Quinoa (I cook mine in veggie broth)
• Arugula • Roasted Butternut Squash • Balsamic Glaze • Crushed Hazelnuts • Salt and Pepper
Cherry Pizza with Gorgonzola and Prosciutto
I never thought I’d be putting cherries on pizza. Well, here I am and I’m glad I did.
Recipe by: Mark Calaminici | Food Loves Company
Pizza is such a labour of love and a blank canvas. Below is the list of ingredients but you decide how much of each ingredient you want to use. Build away!
Pizza dough, homemade or store bought
Extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly cracked pepper
Cherries, pitted and chopped
Thin slices of Prosciutto di Parma
Arugula, for garnish
For the prosciutto crumble
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Place slices of prosciutto flat on parchment paper over a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp. Set aside to cool.
4. Once cooled. Crumble into small pieces.
For the Pizza
1. Preheat oven to highest heat. Having a pizza stone is highly recommended and should be preheated in oven for preferably an hour before.
2. Take pizza dough and flatten it with your hands on a slightly floured work surface. Working from the center, use your fingertips to press the dough outwards until it will not stretch further.
3. Brush extra virgin olive oil on the dough. Add a dash of salt and freshly cracked pepper. Top with cherries and Gorgonzola. Bake until crust is golden brown.
4. Add prosciutto, Parmigiano-Reggiano and arugula. Drizzle with more extra virgin olive oil.
Video by @thebestproductions
Music by Epidemic Sound