Croz just told me I need pockets... which is so true. .
Headed back to bed with tea, yogurt, phone, and calendar in hand. Isn’t that how us ladies do it? We can juggle a lot, right?
Some people ask me how on Earth I coach on top of being a mom and a school counselor. Honestly, I’m not really sure how I do it either. 🙃 .
I just kinda fit it in here and there — nap time, before bed, and before the house gets crazy in the morning. It doesn’t leave me with a lot of down time, but I do it because I love it. .
I have loved sharing my story, my struggles, the little victories, and connecting with women from all walks of life. Plus, it helps keep me motivated on my own health and wellness journey! I’m committed to helping inspire other ladies to make positive steps towards a healthier life which makes me show up every single day. .
So my arms look like this every night as I head to bed, because this momma’s got some work to do. And theeeeen I get to hit the hay. .
I’ll be going LIVE this Thursday night to share a little more about my story, my health and wellness journey, what I do as a coach, and to answer any questions you’ve got! Just drop ‘em 👇 and I’ll be sure to talk about it Thursday. 😘
After each of my 16 hours days, Monday through Friday, it's awesome to end each night with so much simple, yet profound joy! Thanks @theellenshow ! Now it's off to bed for tomorrow's daily 6! #bekindtooneanother#ellen15
IT’S OFFICIAL!! WE’RE MOVING!! If it wasn’t worth the drive to Acton before, it sure as hell will be now. 😉😜 Bought a new house and the packing has begun to prep our home for sale. This is not the fun part. 😩😩 With the market in this area, everything happens so quickly. We saw the house and within a week, we bought it.
Now we have about a week to get this one ready. Ahhhh😫
We worked pretty hard this past weekend and are no where near done. We’re exhausted already.
Oh well!! It’s gotta be done. I’m determined not to use this as an excuse to stray from proper eating and my morning workouts.
It would be so easy but I am sticking to my guns 💪🏼. #movingtoacton#packingupthehouse
I thought I would introduce myself since there are a few new people following along 👋🏻 I'm Abby and here is a little bit about me:
1. I love chocolate and I eat it every day. I'm not kidding. Every. Single. Day.
2. I am a follower of Christ and my faith is crazy important to me.
3. I am married to my soulmate and I'm thankful for every day we have together.
4. I'm a mom of two handsome boys and I love them more than life.
5. I love fashion and I feel blessed to be part of the Nashville Draper James team.
6. I started this journey with Put on Kindness almost two years ago and I've been shown nothing but love and support by my family and friends (and of course my Instagram friends too!)
7. I am a Certified Etiquette Instructor and I teach children's etiquette classes with my precious mom.
8. My sister is my best friend and we talk on the phone every day. Sometimes 12 times a day.
9. I believe in kindness and the difference it makes in peoples lives.
Thanks for following along and supporting me! 💗 #putonkindness#womenoffaith#nashvilleblogger#southernliving#pursuepretty#bekindtooneanother
As parents, it’s not enough that we serve them vegetables and teach them to tie their shoes. We need to also look for ways to model and teach kindness, empathy, compassion, and forgiveness. We need to raise children who are helpers and includers—children who are welcoming and friendly. We don’t need any more bullies or selfish humans. The earth already has plenty of those—but we could all stand to raise kinder humans.
So how do we do it? Here are 11 ways to raise eco-friendly, socially conscious children:
1.Teach children to respect and be kind to animals. Never allow a child to ride around on the family dog or pull a cat’s tail. These aren’t behaviors that should be laughed at or encouraged... An excerpt from https://www.elephantjournal.com/2017/10/11-ways-to-raise-kinder-humans/
I truly believe that when you do good you feel good so my tip to you is to do as much as good as possible. dosomethingnicerealquick
Use the hashtag #dosomethingnicerealquick and @itsmoniquesworld so I can share the amazing news! #moniquesquicktips
Thanks for all of your support if you are looking for ideas of things to do spread some joy this week here are some suggestions:
1. Put encouraging / positive sticky notes on mirrors or around your workplace
2. Pay for the persons food/drink behind you in the drive through
3. Participate in Socktober and buy socks for a local homeless shelter.
4. Bring treats for your coworkers
5. Donate to those still in need of our help in Puerto Rico even $1 goes a long way! https://www.ellentube.com/article/contribute-to-recovery-efforts-in-puerto-rico-and-mexico-city.html
6. Leave a secret gift for someone
7. Write someone a letter telling them how important they are to you
8.Donate food or books to those in need
9. Bring coffee to a friend/coworker/trash collector/mail carrier
10. Volunteer (nursing home, animal shelter, hospital, etc.)
Seriously, how cute is this?! 🐉💙 And do you see his little arrow-tipped tail and the little puff of smoke? I know it's not real, but this is just too cute! I hope this brightens somebody’s day! 💚 #spreadjoy#creativeminds
Sometimes you just need a meal that you can heat and serve. Today was one of those sometimes... 🙄
Anyone else feel the same way about this Monday?🙋
I’m not dwelling on it though. Instead I’m gonna focuses on the true bright spots of my day - Miss Mads, Luke being home early because football’s over, and a dear friend coming by to hang out for a bit this evening! Oh and DWTS tonight... it’s about the only TV I watch these days and always something fun to look forward to. 😍
And this meal - super easy, super healthy, little mess and a quick clean up. It’s a win-win! .
Simple Truth Turkey Burgers (diced)
2 cups of Stir Fry Veggie Blend (sautéed)
1/4 cup of steam-in-the-bag brown rice (cooked)
Throw it all in a wok, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and a few drizzles of liquid aminos.
So what are you serving tonight? Drop those easy meal ideas 👇 so we can all swap ideas!
Recently, we’ve been talking a lot about bullying, kindness, responsibility, and where they all intersect in the world of transgender equality. Over the next month, we’re going to explore the various ways that trans youth experience bullying, and provide resources on combating bullying and how to navigate these conversations and support them. We hope you’ll join us and chime in on the conversation!
Yes!!!! I will never understand how one species, one race or one gender thinks that they are more important than another. We all have skin, eyes, a beating heart, a SOUL, dreams and we ALL matter!!! Animals included. 💕 Please be kind to all living beings!!!!
We are all stumbling through this thing called life. And no one’s life is perfect, even if her social media feed seems like it is. So, let’s use our words to help and to heal.⠀
Read the full blog at http://notsomommy.com/good-things-kind-words (link in bio)