There’s almost something funny about the quest for the best New York style slice in Los Angeles. Beyond the geographic location the irony of what I do in a nutshell is that I am passionately seeking a slice of pizza that is not made with the pretension or the passion that is associated with artisan style pizza. $15 an hour will never change that (because minimum wage will always be minimum wage - and the amount of money you earn today will never be worth to you what it would be to your kids - wrap your head around that) in fact I already pay $4 a slice, often - for those less traveled, or living in areas people don’t travel to, this can cause a mild culture shock - in Las Vegas you can pay $7 for a slice of pizza that is marked as “New York Style Pizza” in the tourist trap areas, you might not be ready for it but your kids are gonna love it. Would you ever buy Chicago Pizza by the slice? No, it’s not good when it’s cold so it’s not meant to be sold that way, every time you reheat it you degrade the quality of the experience significantly more than New York style pizza. Minimum wage is always going to be minimum wage - no matter how much you make it you’ll never make anything else of it and it won’t make for a world with better pizza “To some people Olive Garden is like Denny’s, but I like the muthaphukka” - Snoop Dogg #LosAngelesPizza#LosAngelesFood#LAPizza#LAFoodie#foodie#pizza#pizzaslice#slices#pizzas#pizzalover#pizzalovers#pizzaboy#pizzagirl#digiornio#frozenpizza#frozenfood#minimumwage#pizzeria#chicagostylepizza#inflation#jokes#fightfor15#nutshell#irony#foodie#foodiegram#economics
On our way to Wisconsin! Honest, I thought of so many reasons why we should just move back here. Let me list them:
1. Noodles and Company--how I miss you!
2. Northern homes are the most beautiful! (I might be super biased here but... so in love!😍
3. So much space here! There is no such thing as crowded or "no room"
4. McDonald's delivers???? Whaaa?
5. Number 4 completely distracted me...
6. Always wanted to raise my kids in the country like I was raised. *happy memories sigh*
7. Chicago fun is just a short drive away! This means shopping, the Bean!, Chicago style Pizza ... done right!
8. Fall beauty 🍂
9. 4 complete and satisfying seasons ❄️ ❄️ ❄️. 10. I could think of many more reasons, but isn't this enough to just make you have happy dreams tonight? 🤗🙈 .