Hi everyone! How's your weekend so far? ❤ This is what the inside of the red velvet cake I made last time looked like. The cream cheese was rich and the cake was very moist! 😍 I will repost the recipe again for those of you who want to try making this! 😊
RED VELVET CAKE: (Adapted from Kak Lya @lianamazing_taste)
For the cupcakes:
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 1/3 cup superfine flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
Red Food Coloring (I used gel)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160C Fan. Grease and flour two 8" cake pans.
2. Sift the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt) then set aside.
3. Firstly, beat the butter, vanilla and sugar until creamy.
4. Add the egg one by one.
5. After that, add the dry ingredients and buttermilk (half and half)
6. Lastly, add the red food colouring. (I used gel to prevent the cake from losing its colour.)
7. Divide the batter between the two pans and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Cream cheese frosting:
500g cream cheese (room temperature)
200g butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1tbsp sunquick ( I added )
1. Beat the butter in a bowl until light and creamy. Then in a separate bowl, beat the Cream Cheese and vanilla until it is the same consistency as the butter. After that, combine them together but don't beat to long or it will be runny.
2. Add in the icing sugar and the sunquick. (If your frosting is a bit runny then you can chill it in the fridge for 15-30 minutes so the frosting thickens.) 12/11/17
Some days are so full that it's hard to remember to gather the light, until it is almost gone. The sun had already dipped below the horizon and the sunset had faded, but these tiny saplings were still glowing, still giving off the light that they had collected through the day.