My not in the mood to cook meal also known as cottage pie.I love eating this meal with pickled lemon Achaar.
It’s a quick and easy meal that is enjoyed by all.
Here is my version of Cottage Pie.
For the mince
1/2 kg chicken mince
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp red chilli powder
1-2 tsp red masala
1/4 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp salt
Heat oil in a pan.Add spices and braise for a few minutes then add the mince and a handful of ready fried onions.Simmer and braise well.
Add half a tin of chopped tomatoes.Let this cook but do not dry it out completely.
Boil spaghetti and keep aside.
Boil potatoes and make a mash with salt, pepper, pinch of baking powder, butter & Parmesan.
Layer an ovenproof dish with mince.
Cover with spaghetti.
Top with grated cheese and then the mash potatoes.
Sprinkle some more Parmesan and sprinkle some dried parsley.
Dot with butter and bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
How do you enjoy this meal? .
Been busy settling into my new job and completely switching off when I get home each eve 😌 I made up a cottage pie last night to cook this eve...deeeelish! Proper comfort food. Extra lean mince with carrots, peas, onions and homemade gravy topped with a mix of sweet potato and regular mash with a light sprinkling of reduced fat cheddar 😋😋
Hey guys sorry for the delay. I've had the craziest week ever. Here's the recipe for the cottage pie! I hope you like it! • •1 kg chicken mince
• 1 onion diced
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp coriander seeds
• 1 tsp red chilli powder • 2 tbsp mild ginger garlic
• 2 tomatoes
• 2 tbsp tomato paste
• 1/2 cup peas
4 -5 potatos mashed
1.5 cup grated gouda cheese
1. Warm up the ghee. Then add the cumin seeds. Braise for a minute
2. Add the onion and sautè until soft. Then add the mince and break it up while cooking to avoid big lumps. I like to use a wooden spoon to do this.
3. In a bowl, grate your tomatoes. To this add the cumin powder, coriander powder, salt , red chilli powder ,ginger garlic masala and tomato puree.
4. Add this to to the chicken mince and cook until the tomatoes reduce. Then add the peas.
5. Layer your cottage pie as follows. Mince ,cheese, mashed potatoes and more cheese on top.
6. Bake in the oven until the cheese is golden and melty!
Winter warmers are out in force at the moment! We had some friends round last night & made GF cottage pie 👌🏼the filling was AMAZING (@bbcgoodfood recipe), beef mince, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce and a good old helping of vino rouge...