SAMPLE MENS WARDROBE -
Basic Formal Edition - for students starting out their adult life (interviews/internships) or just a regular Joe looking at his office wardrobe and then back at my Instagram and then back at his wardrobe and shaking his head.
Everyone keeps asking me so here it goes, this is because most of you are young (18-24 years old) and about to enter professional life soon.
I’m gonna start with basics because people suck from the start in their choices. It’s either guys dressing on the extreme casual end or on the formal end.
This is with the assumption that you’re on a budget, and cannot have more than two of each item of clothing
1. Two formal shirts - one white shirt and one blue (a light shade) - cannot go wrong with them
2. One suit - best would be navy, a dark navy. Works in the daytime as well as nighttime. Formal enough for almost all occasions as well as office/interviews. Compliments both your shirts.
3. Two ties - because Sirhud loves them. One steel grey - will go amazingly well with your formals, great for professional purposes, and one swanky one, for brunches or dates or dinner parties. I’ll still keep this one dark though, maybe with a pattern. Like dark burgundy paisley on a dark navy base. If you buy skinny ties imma block your ass. If you own them already throw them or sell them online to some poor soul who’s not a subscriber.
4. One belt - reversible, having both brown and black sides. Genuine leather and steel buckled, thin belt, not thick. Great investment, will work with both brown and black shoes.
5. Dress socks - at least three pairs, dark colours are best, black navy etc, they better be calf length.
6. Shoes - first pair should be black, Oxfords preferably. NOT SHINY BLACK. Second should always and ALWAYS be dark brown, the darker it is the more versatility it offers you. These could be brogues or captoes. Pro tip - buy polish and better keep them shining.
Any questions? Sirhud why only one suit? Sirhud why black shoes? Ask away, Feel free to comment below and ask if you can add or remove items, also you can ask me what could be a better substitute or option if you already own something here..