Oh Festival of the Arts...let me count the ways I love thee...
1. Pan-Seared Scallop with Chorizo, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis, and Parmesan Crisp
2. Callebaut Belgian Sipping Chocolate Flight: White, Milk and Dark Chocolate
3.Gallery Bites: A trio of Hors d'Oeuvres: Chilled Shrimp with Cucumber Cream Cheese on a Crostini, Traditional Deviled Egg with Candied Bacon, Crispy Truffled Risotto Ball with Stone-ground Mustard
Apologies for the terrible quality of this pic... I just heard that some pre screen emails have gone out, CONGRATS to those who are on to the next round, and to those of you who are yet to hear, keep those fingers crossed! 😊🤞🏻 I barely took any pictures of the application process as I was so scared it wouldn’t work it, so here’s the only one I have from my prescreen! It was such a fun day and I am so grateful that 3 of us from our group will be working together out in WDW ☺️ sending lots of faith, trust and pixie dust to this round’s applicants! Just know I went to 3 prescreens and it all worked out in the end! ✨
Things I learned from last weekend: •
1. Waking up for 5.30am race starts is the hardest part of Dopey
2. @withabeard is amazing and makes the most awesome signs ever
3. It gets cold in Florida sometimes
4. VASELINE x 1 million
5. Don’t eat half a gallon of ice cream before running a half marathon
6. Or a 16’ pizza
7. ...then eat ‘just one more slice’ again before the full marathon 🤢
8. Charge Garmin fully before each race
9. Book a doctor’s appointment for the day after just in case - there will be none available day of and will lead to missing 2 days of work because you can’t wear closed toe shoes.
10. Losing your toenails and 2 days of pay is worth it if you get to meet Hades and Oswald though right? •
•• Thank you for those that supported me - loved running through the UK and Mexico Pavilions even though I was basically dead!
Marathon bore is OUT. I swear.