Breakfast, in my mind, has always been a time to eat all things sweet like French toast, waffles, scones, pancakes and muffins. 🥞🥐🍩 I never thought about adding in vegetables for breakfast. That sounded so foreign to me. But since we have been on this health journey, we have pushed ourselves to try new things and have been pleasantly surprised. 🥑🥕🥒 This weekend, I tried this new recipe that one of my amazing challengers shared with our accountability group. I revised it a bit to include veggies that we personally prefer. It was a HUGE success! 🏆
So if you need a yummy recipe to help you incorporate more veggies into your morning, don't hesitate to try this delicious option!
VERY-VEGGIE CAULIFLOWER HASH BROWN BREAKFAST BOWL
INGREDIENTS (serves 1) ❇️1/2 avocado
❇️1/2 lime or lemon
❇️garlic powder, salt, pepper
❇️extra virgin olive oil
❇️1-1/2 cups cauliflower rice
❇️4 oz veggies of your choice, sliced (mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli, etc)
❇️1 small handful baby spinach
1. Add avocado, lime or lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste to a small bowl then mash with a fork and set aside. Whisk eggs with salt and pepper in a small bowl then set aside.
2. Heat a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil in a 10" skillet over medium heat. Add veggies then saute until they are tender. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper, then saute until golden brown. Scoop into a bowl then set aside.
3. Turn heat up to medium-high then add another drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to the skillet. Add cauliflower, season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper, then saute until crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes. Scoop cauliflower into your serving bowl then set aside.
4. Turn heat back down to medium then add the veggies back into the skillet along with the baby spinach. Saute until spinach is barely wilted, 30 seconds, then add whisked eggs and scramble.
5. Scoop mixture on top of sautéed cauliflower hash browns then top with mashed avocado and salsa.
Don't forget to order your salad bunches from @nurtured_earth_organics. Orders need to be in by Sunday for delivery on Monday. I pick bunches Monday morning so your salad bunches are just about as fresh as you can get 🍀🌱🌻
I'm working on wasting less, which means when you have a bunch of leftover watermelon you make sorbet. About 3 cups of frozen cubed watermelon, 2 bananas chopped up, and juice from half a lime, blend generously and place in freezer for a few hours, chocolate topping optional (but advised). #yum 🍉🍉🍉
Happy 1st day of Fall!!! Will I be seeing you tonight at @beausallnatural Oktoberfest?! Here is a li'l sampling of what I had from The Branch restaurant. Many other amazing restaurants will be selling their best German inspired food!
Elkin Farmers Market tomorrow September 23rd 9am-noon. Our vendors will be under the shelter and at the Pumpkin Festival (across from Angry Troll). Come out and say Hello. #eatfresh#supportlocal#farmersmarket