an online Instagram web viewer

#everydayinday medias

Photos

Since last monsoon  I am working on Mumbai Rivers Photo project , I am into next phase  now 
#MumbaiRiversphotoProject
It is my attempt to show the social landscapes and lives around these rivers . This shot of solar panel is taken 7 kms inside SGNP.  at the banks of Dahisar River, Chunapada one of the small tribal settlements  Borivali , Mumbai.
** Mumbai is the only  city in the world blessed with a National Park at its centre.
Spread over 104 square kms, Sanjay Gandhi National Park is a rich and diverse
ecosystem housing various species of flora and fauna. All the Mumbai rivers originate from SGNP,they are  Dahisar, Poisar , Oshiwara and the fomous Mithi river . 
Also living within the park forgenerations are the tribals, collectively known as adivasis. 43 padas can be found within
the precincts of the park and over 50,000 tribals inhabit them. Statistically speaking
98% of the population are the Varlis and the remaining 2% are the Malhar Koklis and
Katkaris. It’s important to note that they have contributed to the making of the
reservoirs within the park; these reservoirs provide water to the city till this date.
Despite being the primary natives of the land, as well as being residents of one of India’s

foremost city, the adivasis still do not have access to basic amenities like electricity,
sanitation, proper roads, educational institutes and health care.
Tendulkar has used  his MP Local Area Development fund (MPLAD) and distribuited solar lamps to give some relief but requirement of power is more than small dim lamp. 
Again many of these solar light panels are not functioning they need maintenance. #mumbaiRivers #riversofmumbai #dahisarriver #urbanrivers #reportage #documentaryphotography #mumbai #everydaymumbai #everydayinday #everydayrivers #everydaymaharashtra
Since last monsoon I am working on Mumbai Rivers Photo project , I am into next phase now #MumbaiRiversphotoProject  It is my attempt to show the social landscapes and lives around these rivers . This shot of solar panel is taken 7 kms inside SGNP. at the banks of Dahisar River, Chunapada one of the small tribal settlements Borivali , Mumbai. ** Mumbai is the only city in the world blessed with a National Park at its centre. Spread over 104 square kms, Sanjay Gandhi National Park is a rich and diverse ecosystem housing various species of flora and fauna. All the Mumbai rivers originate from SGNP,they are Dahisar, Poisar , Oshiwara and the fomous Mithi river . Also living within the park forgenerations are the tribals, collectively known as adivasis. 43 padas can be found within the precincts of the park and over 50,000 tribals inhabit them. Statistically speaking 98% of the population are the Varlis and the remaining 2% are the Malhar Koklis and Katkaris. It’s important to note that they have contributed to the making of the reservoirs within the park; these reservoirs provide water to the city till this date. Despite being the primary natives of the land, as well as being residents of one of India’s foremost city, the adivasis still do not have access to basic amenities like electricity, sanitation, proper roads, educational institutes and health care. Tendulkar has used his MP Local Area Development fund (MPLAD) and distribuited solar lamps to give some relief but requirement of power is more than small dim lamp. Again many of these solar light panels are not functioning they need maintenance. #mumbaiRivers  #riversofmumbai  #dahisarriver  #urbanrivers  #reportage  #documentaryphotography  #mumbai  #everydaymumbai  #everydayinday  #everydayrivers  #everydaymaharashtra