Sååå värt att åka till Kalix en fredagkväll!! Räserpudeln Devil fixade 95 och 98p i sina första starter i avancerad klass - vilket resulterade i 2:a och 1:a placering 😍🥇🥈🐩❤️ TACK @lisasofiasandstrom för roliga och utmanande banor!
For anyone that struggles with dressage, I’ve found a successful approach to BD-
1. Enter 2 tests for the same day, despite being quite inexperienced 😬
2. Book these up for a week where you can’t get much practice in
3. When you do get a chance when to ride, leave it until it’s fully dark outside
3. Treat your horse with a daily mud massage until you’re sure they’re fully coated
4. For horses that hate being groomed, wait until the night before the test before spoiling them with an extensive bath and pampering session
5. Don’t worry about cleaning anything properly- it’s long arena so the judges won’t be able to see very far away and they certainly won’t notice the mud above the horse’s neck if they’re not going that well on the contact anyway..
6. Always get to the yard half hour later than planned so that when you get there, you don’t have much time to get ready, let alone worry about things
7. Request on the entry form to be close to your friend’s times so that they don’t have time to help you because they’re got to get ready themselves
8. Ask your caller to turn up late so that you do have learn and memorise that 2nd test afterall in the 20min between classes
9. Don’t worry about a thing, because the more relaxed you are, the more relaxed your horse will be :)
10. But make sure you do worry about sticking your elbows in, relaxing your arms, keeping your hands still, heels down, sitting up, don’t look down, think ahead, prepare for every movement, keeping a nice rhythm and if you can - enjoy it 😊😊 This definitely worked for me and Russell today- 1st place and both tests above 63% - not bad for only our 3rd BD outing! #makingprogress#inittowinit#britishdressage#dressage#horse#bd#longarena#stressage#irishsportshorse#greygelding#horsesofinstagram#firstplace#winner#rosette#frilly