This has been doing the rounds and I’m at a loose end so.... here we go! 🤗
1. I’m 36. Not sure how that happened 😭
2. I’ve been married to my husband for nearly 3 years, together for 6 and have known each other for 18 👫
3. I could eat an entire jar of peanut butter in one sitting. I can’t have it in the house as I cannot be trusted 😅
4. I was born with 2 thumbs on my right hand but had one removed shortly after birth 👍🏻
5. I’m a Solicitor 🧠
6. I’m a bit of a Disney nut. I absolutely adore Disney World and would be there right now given half a chance 🐭
7. My favourite city in the whole world is New York. I would live there in a heartbeat 🗽
8. I can touch my nose with my tongue 👅
9. My husband is in the army and we currently live apart 😭Our dog, Doyle, lives with him. He’s been based 230 miles away until this week and he’s now only 55 miles away 🙌🏻
10. My favourite TV programme is Law & Order: SVU 🕵🏻♀️
11. My favourite food is pizza. It’s my absolute weakness 🍕
12. I went to Nottingham University 👩🏻🎓
13. I live in South Manchester and I love it, most of the time ❤️
14. My favourite film is either Clueless or Leon, depending on my mood 💁🏻♀️
15. I hate mushrooms with a passion 🚫
16. This is about the 5th time that I’ve joined Slimming World, but the only time I’ve viewed it as a lifestyle change rather than a quick fix 💪🏻
17. I volunteer for the Samaritans as a listener on the phones. It’s the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done 📞
18. My favourite drink is a gin and slimline tonic with plenty of lime 🍸
19. I’m an obsessive planner (always planning our next holiday) and love spreadsheets 🤓
20. I had a difficult relationship with my mum and dad during my teenage years (I was a nightmare) but they’re two of my closest friends now ☺️
That was... harder than expected! I think I’m quite a dull person 😂
So.. woke up this morning to a power cut!!! I have an electric hob so I couldn’t even boil water on the hob for a coffee 😖. Went to visit my friend and made us wrap pizzas as she hadn’t tried them before. Also had an apple and yoghurt with my coffee! No syns used today, it’s weigh night and like to keep them for after for a wee treat 😋
Totally random lunch earlier. Feel feeling tired today after the day in group yesterday (I have the best members) and been chin deep in food diaries and member support. This quick and easy lunch seemed just like the right thing. Popped noodles through the syns calculator, came out free provided I used it right - I'm no good at technology. 1.5 syns for the Asda Butchers Choice turkey and sweet chili gluten free sausage 💕
SERIOUSLY, everyone has to try this! Cheesy broccoli bake 🥦. Ingredients and method below . .
500g broccoli florets
8 spring onions, finely chopped
200g cherry tomatoes, halved and quartered
2 large eggs, beaten
200g fat free cottage cheese with spring onion and chives
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
Salt and freshly ground pepper
4 tbsp finely chopped parsley
110g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7.
Cook the broccoli in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Add the spring onions and cherry tomatoes to the broccoli, mix well and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a clean bowl with the cottage cheese and garlic until smooth. Season well and add the parsley.
Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and stir briefly to distribute the ingredients evenly. Sprinkle the cheese on top and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the mixture has just set.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Lunch time always seems to be a picky one for me as I usually use both my HexB for breakfast and I never feel starving come dinner. Plus bae is usually wide awake around this time so making something fancy is never really an option. This morning I had a non scale victory and crammed my lard arse back into a pair of size 10 jeans.. even though they’re the stretchy kind of jeans and there’s probably some serious risk of chafe, I’ll take that victory 🙈😂✌🏼
Well I don’t know how I’ve done it but I am soooo beyond chuffed with this! So I’ve basically been off plan since Wednesday as I’ve been out every single night, mainly as it’s been my sisters birthday and we had a week long celebration. I also met up with a friend in between that and was not on plan! 🤭
But I have still been having healthy meals for lunch, even though I didn’t prepare them myself I went for the healthier options and sugar free so that must have balanced it out!
Swipe right to see some of the off plan foods I’ve indulged in this week (and lotsssss of beer!). I only got to Thursday night and then I stopped taking pictures because I just couldn’t be bothered to be honest.
But on Wednesday we went for an Italian with my Mum, Thursday I went for Vietnamese with my friend, friday I went watching paramore which was amazing and then we went out after where I drank a lottt, Saturday we went for Thai and also out and also a lot more alcohol and then Sunday we were meant to go out again but were too hungover so ordered a Chinese.
Somewhere between this I managed to get stuck in with my beautiful giant toblerone 🌝. Special shoutout to the amazing pho too, was so so goooood! Been craving Vietnamese since I got back from Vietnam and it was deffo worth the wait.
I’ve still got a long way to come but it’s amazing how much better I feel when I’ve lost a few pounds! So unbelievably motivated atm ✨
All in all I’ve had a really great week and was prepared for a gain so this result has just made the week even better. Anyway back on it this week! Only out twice this week so far 🌚 #swuk#slimmingworld#slimmingworlduk#slimmingworldfromhome#slimmingworldmafia#weightlossjourney#weightloss#sw#diet#swmafia#fooddiary#foodblog#foodoptimising#slimmingworldonline#slimmingworldinspiration#slimmingworldjourney#slimmingworldmotivation