I just got back yesterday from a weekend road trip to Kansas city for my best friends bachelorette party. I had a ball exploring this old orphanage/ mental hospital turned winery. Only one of the buildings was finished, see 2nd photo, so the rest are still in their creepy abandoned state, which makes me want to rescue them. It was a much needed mental creative break so I thought I would share 3 facts about myself!
1) I love wearing dresses. They're more comfy than sweats, and I can look somewhat put together while not wearing pants!
2) I'm 3rd in the line up of 7 kids, 3 girls, 4 boys, all biological.
3) I eat chocolate chips almost daily. My husband got/ still is mad because he found out I have a secret stash and am not telling him about it. Learned that trick from my momma! Reference #2 😂
What's something about yourself that most people don't know?!
HAPPY MONDAY, FRIENDS!! (I know I know, that's a lot of enthusiasm for a Monday). Okay, so I am generally horrible at making #fridayintroductions actually happen on Friday (hence why I've only done one. Whoops!). But fortunately I've been challenged to introduce myself for #makewavesmonday before #TheRiseSummit kicks off tomorrow! (Creatives, please check out @risingtidesociety if you haven't yet!). Ready to learn ✋🏼 things you never knew you wanted to know about me?! 1️⃣This photo was taken in Seattle when you and I last spoke (remember that Friday Introduction I actually did?!). Aaron and I hopped over for the evening to see Game of Thrones live in concert. It.was.awesome. I can't remember half the characters names, but dang, I really enjoy screaming at the tv during that show.
2️⃣I've never been a massive fan of any particular show, movie, color, band, food, etc. I always struggled on assignments in elementary school when I had to list my "favorite" something. The thing is, I like everything. And when it comes to being absolutely obsessed, I tend to channel those energies into people, emotions, adventures, etc. (Important exclusions to this rule: Hanson posters all over my walls in 5th grade, my current obsession with Orphan Black, and my ongoing love affair with flaky pastries). 3️⃣I was a theater kid. Big time. I went to an arts high school (which was the greatest and yes, was kind of like Fame!). When I got sick at 16, I was performing professionally in LA and working as a dance captain.
4️⃣Tea over coffee. Wanna fight about it?
5️⃣I was struggling to come up with something for my last fact. I asked Aaron and his first suggestion was, "you like tacos" (true). Then I started typing something about how much I believe in kindness and friendliness. As I wrote that sentence, Aaron blurts out from across the room, "um, you're super friendly!!" So there it is, folks. Even on my worst days, I greet others with kindness, respect, and a smile. It actually helps me cope and heal when I'm feeling down. I think we all need more friendliness in our lives, and I hope to someday be the one to show it to you!
💕 Anyone feeling any kinship here?!
This Monday is a great day for a little weekly #planning . I'm trying to work in times for #photo sessions, #friends , sleep, coffee, chocolate, you know-all of the important stuff. Life is a balancing act and if you're feeling good about it this week-let me know! Otherwise, for pete's sake, give a girl a few tips to help her out!
Happy Monday friends! I usually share fun facts about myself for #fridayintroductions , but today's edition is Fun MAGNOLIA Facts...on a Monday 😜 1. We waited for 30 minutes just to order cupcakes from the bakery. They were totally worth it! Joanna and I share a belief in a 50:50 cake to frosting ratio. Embarrassingly, this is not the longest I've stood in line waiting for a cupcake 🤦♀️. 2. The crowds rival Disneyland. Like I wouldn't not recommend starting your trip with a glass of wine...or three. 3. I have almost 200 photos from our day at Magnolia, but probably not for the reason you think. A third of them were photobombed! Check out my Stories for a few of my favs!
Hi Friends! 👋🏻
We think it's about time we made a friendly introduction to all our new friends here on Instagram! Hi, our names are Meghan (left) 🙋🏼and Micaela (right)🙋🏼 and we are small town southern girls born and raised in the mountains of North Carolina with big dreams and a passion for following them no matter where they may lead! 🌎 We are mostly known for being a twin sister wedding photography duo, serving couples in love with having their love story documented from beginning to end with images that are filled with light, joy and natural elegance! 👰🏼❤🤵🏼 We are definitely passionate and enthusiastic about our amazing job and absolutely love all the wonderful people we get to meet, the beautiful places we get to go and the stories we have the honor of capturing and sharing with our incredible clients! 😍📷
Most days you can find us working from our home or exploring the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains with our amazing clients! 🏞We are totally obsessed with peanut butter M&Ms and York Peppermint Patties, 😋and we may or may not admit that we never miss a cheesy Hallmark movie! 😁🙈 An interesting fact about us is that Meghan is left handed and Micaela is right handed! We can quote the entire Princess Diaries 2 movie 👑from beginning to end and though neither one of us has ever tried coffee ☕️we still make frequent stops at Starbucks for different kinds of teas! We spend much of our free time in the kitchen cooking and baking tasty treats and dancing has been our favorite form of exercise for as long as we can remember!
We look forward to getting to know you more, so leave a comment and introduce yourself. It would make our day! #therisesummit#risingtidesociety#fridayintroductions#communityovercompetition#ncweddingphotographer#scweddingphotographer#greenvilleweddingphotographer#ashevilleweddingphotographer#charlestonweddingphotographer#charlotteweddingphotographer#makewavesmonday#therisesummit#makewavesmonday
I apologize for being rude and not introducing myself recently.
I'm Amanda and I help wedding industry professionals and photographers craft a brand identity that tells their story and intrigues their ideal client. Here's a few fun facts about yours truly:
1️⃣ I am terrible at coming up with interesting facts about myself.
2️⃣ I helped design 24 brands in 2016.
3️⃣ I am the creator and co-host of The @sparkedworkshop, a live brand and marketing workshop for wedding industry professionals and photographers in Austin, TX.
4️⃣ I am a native Texan and have bounced around from Austin to Houston and in between my whole life.
5️⃣ I am currently 'Tiny Living' in 250 square feet with my husband and our daughter.
Please drop some comments and facts about yourself below so this isn't a one-sided conversation.
Photo by the wonderful and wildly talented, @effjayphotography
Happy Monday, loves😍
We decided this morning would be a great time to do a #meetmemonday since we were shooting a wedding on Friday and could do a #fridayintroductions with y'all 😉
So here are 5 random facts about us and what we love!
1. We live in a tiny town about 25 minutes from our favorite grocery store, WEGMANS!!! The only place #adulting really happens for us😂
2. We are #thosecrazycatpeople 😹 We are up to four cats due to a stray we couldn't let freeze almost two winters ago now 😉 #thepudge#thepudgejunior#sampsonthegreat#chewythehimilayan
3. Love stories are our jam!!! We live for the 'why' and 'how' when it comes to the story of meeting the one you are completely head over heels for❤️ Especially since ours involves an $800 texting bill and very angry parents😂
4. We are obsessed with Buffalo, NY and the incredible people that make you fall in love with everything to do with this amazing city😍 #buffalove#loveyourcity
5. We live to road trip and go on endless adventures! This was our last BIG road trip to New Orleans and we are itching to get back on the road this summer😍
Bonus fact! We ate at #deepsouthtaco for the very first time last night and fell in LOVE!!! Oh tacos, you have our hearts ♥️ So tell us, what did y'all do this weekend??? Ours was filled to the brim with love, weddings, and spontaneous engagement sessions in the Spring blooms!!! #debandmattbts#lovepassionately#adventureisoutthere#therisesummit
Feeling ready to take on Monday?? I'm getting there! A little more coffee in my system and I think I'll be able to kick my butt into gear for the week!! Tomorrow the @risingtidesociety #therisesummit is kicking off (which I'm pretty sure is going to blow everyone's socks off) and, since it's an online conference, I wanted to introduce myself this morning and have a chance to connect with other attendees! So here it goes!!
My name is Brianne and I'm a bubbly free-spirited soul with a healthy addiction to travel and adrenaline rushes. Here's a few things you should know about me:
✘ I'm an ENFJ, but I'm barely on the extroverted side. I'm super awkward when I walk into a room full of people and have trouble opening up, but if you stick around for a bit, I'll pretty quickly come out of my shell!
✘ My favorite color is orange - especially the shades that are more red-orange like salmon, peach, or coral! Weirdly, even though it's right next to orange on the color wheel, I strongly dislike yellow.
✘ My hunky husband (pictured) and I truly believe that marriage can still last a lifetime!! We work hard to try to seek out new experiences as a couple and this man always makes me feel like I can be myself fully and completely (I try to do the same for him). I just love having @natander53 as a partner through life's adventures and I hope everyone finds this kind of love!
✘ My favorite places on earth are where the mountains and oceans meet! I first realized this when I visited the California coast and fell in love with Santa Barbara. Since then my travels have taken me to Cinque Terre, Italy, Iceland, and Hawaii, all of which have stolen my heart! I mean, what could be better than a sunrise hike in the morning followed by an afternoon swim in the ocean?
✘ I absolutely hate being indoors if it's sunny and hot outside!! In the summer, I take my office outdoors as much as possible. Even if I'm sweating it out, I love the sunshine and the sound of birds chirping blowing in the breeze! Give me 90 degrees over 30 degrees any day. Who's with me? Comment and introduce yourself below! 👍🏻
Hi, I'm Emily, and I just realized yesterday that I take waaaay too many pictures of my dog. But if you're like me, then you agree it's the best kind of problem to have 😄 I'm a boutique photo editor based out of Raleigh, NC who loves to help photographers give their clients a dream wedding experience. I also provide education to photo editors struggling to grow their businesses -- I've been there, and I know how hard it can be! You'll usually find me at home in sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt dreaming of adventures to far away destinations, but loving every moment of this crazy life!
But enough about me! I want to get to know YOU! So tell me a little about yourself in the comments below -- I can't wait to meet you! #therisesummit
I've been up before the sun, but I'm on the way to visit one of my favorite cities - Charleston!! I'm excited for a fun work trip with @lindseylaruephoto, @rosalynnelove and @elisaannecalligraphy! Any recommendations for fun places to visit?! xo | Photo by @laurenlcarnes from our time in Charleston last year #laurabarnesphotobts#makewavesmonday
Now to introduce myself... I'm Charlie, creator of The Hidden Pearl Studio🌴. I'm 27 and live in beautiful England with my mama and cat, Simba (you might hear a lot about him, I literally adore him!) 4 years ago I became ill with M.E. and my life was turned upside down. Sickness doesn't define me one bit but it is super restricting and the hardest thing Iv been through. Plus I'm a little slower at this business stuff than most people, baby steps!! Hehe. So you might have to be patient with me. ✨
A few random things about me.. Im an all or nothing kinda girl (no idea why!! I just am.) I love Jesus and have found Him to be the least religious person Iv ever met. He's constantly surprising me with how good, kind and loving He is. When I was 18 life got hard so I basically put away all my hopes & dreams along with creativity. Only in the last few years (since getting ill) have I got stuck into all things creative again.. and I love it more than ever!! I adore manatees🐋..Not sure why.. I just find them mesmerising! One day I dream of swimming with them in the wild. I am a huge huge Gilmore Girls fan (anyone else just want to move to stars hollow?). One day WHEN I'm healed and better (and that's when not if!!) I will travel the world 🌎 , live boldly and love as many people as I possibly can. If all I ever do with my life is love, then it'll be a life well lived.
My shop opens the first week of May so the countdown has officially begun. XO
Welp. I'm a few days late to the introductions party so I'll focus on some Sunday gratitude instead 😉⠀
Despite it being cold and rainy outside, I managed to squeeze my workout in. I stream most of my workouts from home which has been a total game changer for adding consistent workouts to my life 💪🏼 Today's was only 20 minutes and I was totally sweating by the end!⠀
So today I'm grateful for this quick little workout that got my heart pumping and for the fact that the hubs FINALLY had a day off (even if he just found out yesterday 😂). That med school life though...⠀
What's something you're grateful for from today or even this weekend!?
I was tagged by my homegirls @lyssletters & @sarah_letters to share #twentythings about me and since I’ve never done an intro on my own page I’ll call this the procrastinator's #fridayintroductions . Shall we?
1️⃣I was born and raised in Kansas City and living all over this country and some others helped me appreciate just how awesome my hometown is.
2️⃣I was not an “art person” growing up. I was into music and theatre and I thought I couldn’t draw. This passion has opened up a whole new side of me & introduced me to some of my dearest friends
3️⃣I’m hopelessly uncool. I dance like a complete nerd, I’m terrible at small talk & I have a really quirky sense of humor
4️⃣If you can’t tell from the above photo, I love accessories of all kinds — earrings, buttons, headbands, scarves, bracelets, you name it
5️⃣I’ll be 35 on 23 May and birthdays are my favorite, so plan accordingly😉
6️⃣I love my job as girl mom & I don’t take the responsibility lightly. It’s very important to me that my daughters learn to be strong and smart and that they respect themselves and others
7️⃣These are my most-used emojis:✨😂🙈🙀🍻
8️⃣I find it really hard to pick favorites. If you ask me, “What’s your favorite ___?” be prepared for a list or a categorical breakdown
9️⃣Since in one of my jobs I made pies all day, people always want to know my favorite pie. Fruit pie: peach or rhubarb. Cream pie: coconut. Decadent pie: chocolate-peanut butter. Ice cream pie: coffee-almond-caramel. See above if you’re annoyed at the length of this answer
🔟I love books. Fine literature and YA fantasy are equals to me. I get immersed in Hemingway and Vonnegut. I also can’t wait to one day read Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia & His Dark Materials to my daughters
1️⃣1️⃣I eat plant-based 5 days of the week because it’s good for the environment & it makes me feel invincible. Know what else makes me feel invincible? A big ole rack of ribs
1️⃣2️⃣I consider myself a spiritual atheist. It’s important to me to spread the word that people of faith are not the only people of character & integrity
1️⃣3️⃣I’m crazy-pumped about the reboot of Twin Peaks!
1️⃣4️⃣I'm a Huffleclaw (Ravenpuff?) 👇
3. Think Like Your Ideal Client
Use hashtags your dream customer searches for inspiration. Put yourself in the shoes of your ideal client and think of who s/he follows on Instagram.
Do those Instagrammers use specific hashtags? If so, use them too.
For example, a common hashtag for a 20-something female looking for lifestyle inspiration is #thatsdarling , so you'll see it filled with people curating content to attract that girl.
Once you start searching for hashtags, you'll soon discover similar ones used quite frequently in specific niches.
And the good news is that Instagram auto suggests hashtags, so if you can think of just one or two to begin with, you’re well on your way to find the best hashtags attracting your ideal client.
People usually do this on #fridayintroductions But I don't consider myself a typical person, so I'll do it on Sunday. Why not?? I created this account 4 months ago and I just realized that I didn't even say my name, so... Hi! I'm Aly and I'm another calligraphy / lettering addict :) I live in Madrid, Spain and I'm a reeeaaally introvert person so, as you noticed, I don't usually talk too much about me.
I started this account because I looove calligraphy. I had tried something before but I didn't take it seriously and I decided this year that I really want to learn. I created my IG account, I joined a challenge and since then I practiced almost every single day and uploaded a photo. I am a little obsessed now but happy and quite surprised with my perseverance. Is there something like calligranniversary? 😄
My day job is UX & UI designer and I love it too, but now I take all my free time to practice and improve in calligraphy. And buying new materials to try too, but that's another addiction to talk another day... Ohhh and I have a lovely orange cat that loves my brushpens too, just in another way. (Swipe right to see him)
And... that's all! I just wanted to say hi! 😊
👋🏻...just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Holly. I'm married to a red- bearded Scotsman (well, a few generations removed but his accent could fool anyone) and Mom to 4 boys. This here is my oldest and the closest thing I have to a mini me. We're Californians raising Coloradans. If we can't live in San Diego, we found the next best thing. ***I just started working on the laser cutter a few months ago and am blown away by the positive response to some of my creations. I'm not an artist but I've always been fairly creative, with plenty of good ideas. The laser and I are a perfect fit...I don't have to draw any straight lines 😂 Honestly, I had no idea this was missing in my life, but I don't think I can go back now 😬 thank you again for your support and encouragement! Oh...and I'm wordy. Sorry. #fridayintroductions#adaylate
I am once again late for #fridayintroductions , but I wanted to make sure I posted about this amazing person! This is Kellie (@louwho20), my second shooter. Kellie joined the KEP crew almost accidentally when I had an assistant back out of a wedding last minute and I needed an extra pair of hands. She grew from a lighting assistant to a trusted second shooter, and I am so glad that I have her as a part of the team! She should get a medal for just putting up with me 😂 When she's not shooting, you can find her working at @dilworth911 or hanging out in a hammock with her boyfriend, @bsmitty80 and adorable pup, Daisy! Special thanks to @katherynjeannephotography for some amazing headshots of us!
Hey, I'm Laura. A 27 year old memory keeper and artist who happens to believe in magic. (Harry Potter is a true story, y'all.⚡💛) Seriously though, I love Harry Potter and I'm obsessed with cats. I'm a junior at UNCC studying psychology and I'm now entirely unsure what I'm going to do with that but they say "college is important," ya know? I love animals, I'm a vegetarian, a feminist, and most of all, an artist. I'm always creating something and that's where my joy is. Who are you? Introduce yourself below! 👇#fridayintroductions#meetme#meetthemaker#meettheartist#lifeofanartist#selfie#selfiesaturday
Tagged by the hottiest of the hotties @_jennifer_davies_ to share 10 things about me:
1)When I was wearing my usual flannel and boots combo this morning I asked @gregory.august if I could wear it to a bridal shower today and before I even finished my question he promptly said "no". So this is me right now after cleaning myself up, per his suggestion. Give him some credit though- he was very sweet about it.
2) I'm still on my "not buying clothes" for the entire year resolution. It's actually more freeing than you'd think.
3) After 32 years of life, and me numerously bad mouthing clogs... I bought clogs (gasp) (gasp again). I thrifted (duh) the pair pictured. And it probably had nothing to do with the cutie pie @alexisatarian's and her clogs she showcased from a few days ago. Promise!
4) I'm really bad at keeping plants alive. Well, I just planted a garden and acquired a few house plants- I'm going to give it another try this year and with the Lords help maybe turn a new leaf. #prayfortheplants
5) I love a spotless house.
6) I'm a pretty messy creative person.
7) I added creative to that sentence because it made me seem "cool messy" instead of just "messy".
8) I'm wearing my most beloved dress that I bought off the 75% off clearance rack at Target over two years ago. I wear it to church, the pool, working in the yard and of course sleep in it on the regular.
9) I have three brothers and I'm an only girl, but as of four years ago when my littlest brother got married, I now have eight sisters-in-law that have overflowed my sister cup. But before everyone got married, my mama @shirleev always said she was my sister and to this day she is my best sister and best friend.
10) Shoes and accessories were not included in my "no buying clothes" resolution for the year, since I know you've been judging me since reading number 3. Give me a break! 😘
Tagging 10 of you to share back! Maybe by tagging 10, I'll at least get 1 response 😂 Have a great Saturday 😘
@mywinterandjonah @alexisatarian @brittneysrabbithole @egomullins @sheridan.noel @mtgerhardt @ronae81 @mrs.sherri.glenn @mrs._mullins @mrs_j_saiz @the.phoenix.farmhouse @belleofthebustle
Hey y'all! I meant to share this yesterday for #fridayintroductions , so let's just pretend it's Friday again, while I share this. 😊 Here are 5 fun facts about me! (I feel like I'm in kindergarten saying that ^^) 1. I am an old soul-- memories, nostalgia, dreams, I love all of it.
2. I am OBSESSED with the 70's. If I could get away with wearing bell bottoms and platform shoes I totally would. 🙈
3. I have a very weird Q-tip obsession. I'm just gonna leave it at that...😳
4. I love to sing, but there are only a few people on this EARTH that have heard me sing the way I PREFER to sing (think Mariah Carey meets R. Kelly). It's glass shattering-make you wet your pants laughing, kinda stuff 😏
5. Jesus gives me worth and I live to make his name known. 🙌
Thanks for following along! I feel humbled and blessed. ❤️
Romantic and delicate aroma of ripe raspberries floating on sandalwood, jasmin, sweet vanilla, and musk.
Fragrance Strength: Light
Click on the link in my bio to find this yummy fragrance along with many others!!
Stay tuned each Friday as we do #fridayintroductions at Huntington. We look forward to giving you an inside look at the Huntington Outdoor team! To start the first week off we will begin with CEO & Founder, Justin Powell. •
Hello, I'm Justin, I founded Huntington when I was 21 and currently serve as the CEO and head of expansion for Huntington Outdoor. I spend most of my time talking with landowners to see if partnering with them, to place a billboard on their property makes sense. When a new sign is installed, there is nothing like seeing it for the first time. All of the talking, planning, and building come together to produce something great. When all the pieces come together just right, it's like magic.
We're proud to announce a brand new episode will be coming soon. Featuring @kericardinale and her new single Swing Wide! Stay tuned. In the meantime head on over to the iTunes Store and get your copy. #newmusic
I was tagged to do the 20 facts about myself thing that you've seen everyone else doing... Does anyone else out there find reading random facts about people fascinating?? Instead of small talk I think we should just spew random facts at people we meet, the world would be a better place!! I don't even care if it's borderline narcissistic I'm going for it!!
1. I've accidentally kicked a skunk while walking to my car in the dark.
2. I once told a deaf girl she should be a better listener (did not know she was deaf!!!!)🤦🏼♀️
3. I'm an INFP
4. I just finished writing the first draft of a book, but I am really insecure about showing people things I've written so if I ever do try to publish it it will be under a pen name and forever secret.
5. I don't swear (never have)
6. I was homeschooled up until 16 when I began attending college (not because I'm a genius, you can just do that kind of thing when you're homeschooled)
7. I'm a hufflepuff and I've come to terms with that.
8. I stutter and muddle up my sentences a lot
9. I was never the kind of kid that other kids wanted to be like. I was the kid who named the vacuum "George" and made dolls out of aluminum foil.
10. I was so androgynous as a preteen that I was mistaken for a boy in a local newspaper article once.
11. My favorite movie is "big fish"
12. When I was 9 I broke my arm because I was doing homework in a tree.
13. I detest monkeys 🙊
14. When I was 11 I started saving up for a house but five years later I spent it all on a snowboard.
15. I can easily eat a package of crescent rolls all by myself.
16. I'm a lot funnier in writing/online than I am in person because I have time to think. No snappy comebacks here! 🤷🏼♀️
17. I'm a little bit of a cocky show off when it comes to parallel parking.
18. I had a baby last year, and she was born En Caul (in the amniotic sac! It's cool not gross!) 19.I've been married for two and 1/2 years❤️
20. Embroidery and crochet are actually relatively new self-taught skills for me.
To anyone who read all of this, I tag you to share 20 facts! #20factsaboutme#randomfacts#gettoknowme#fridayintroductions#meetthemaker#challenge#dumbledore#harrypotter#embroidery
✨✨...And I don't intend to stop!! You?✨✨
The Practice of Living as we Intend is a Lifestyle Podcast for Women. There is too much to forgo in this amazing life by simply living it on autopilot. We each have the ability to uniquely thrive!🙌🙌
👉Click on the link in my bio and listen to the Practice of Living as we Intend this weekend while you’re enjoying a walk, multi-tasking or relaxing! (I’m an awesome house-cleaning companion!). @beyouandthrivepodcast .
Happy weekend amazing friends! Xo~💋D
Guess it's my turn with the 20 things now, right @hazel.lefthand.letters? 😉
1)When I was a kid I was dressed in pink ALWAYS. First day at school: wearing a bright pink sweater with a panda bear.
2) I try to avoid wearing anything pink at all cost nowadays. I love pandas, though.
3) I'm very fond of animals in general. My favs are whales, hummingbirds & tigers.
4) My first pet was a turtle. One day it ran away. I'm still ashamed when I think of it.
5) I'm half Japanese, half German. My first name is Barbara, but I prefer my middle name, Keiko. My friends make fun of me calling me Babsi. It's not funny at all.
6) I suck at Japanese but my German isn't bad. I also speak English (obviously) & a little French.
7) Ever since I was able to read I devoured books. I still do, but I listen to audiobooks now.
8) Also love Podcasts.
9) And music. I listen to almost anything, classic, jazz, pop, metal, latin, you name it.
10) I grew up in Southern Germany but spent the last 11 years in Switzerland. Back in Munich now.
11) I spent my childhood summers with my grandparents in Japan.
12) My grandma ist 96 now but I haven't seen her in 3 years 😭
13) I love tea. Didn't even look at coffee until a few years ago.
14) A few years ago I fell in love with a coffee farmer/Airbnb host while on vacation in Kona, Hawaii. He fell in love with me, too. That's when the problems started.
15) It's possibly the longest-distance relationship one can have, right??! We got married last June & I'm still waiting for my Green Card. It's a long process and can take up to 2 years. So it's still a long-distance-relationship 😔
16) My dayjob is photography. If everything goes well with immigration I'm gonna be a coffee farmer/Airbnb host at the end of the year 😜
17) I absolutely suck at math. Like I need a calculator to add 2 numbers.
18) Is it already 20 things? NO? Okay then. I also really suck at parties. Well maybe not that but i don't like parties. I'd rather be home with my lettering stuff or taking a walk in the woods.
19) I'm not patient with myself but with everybody else.
20) Calligrafriends rock! Am tagging @nusya_wn @smilespotting @fraeulein.bunt.art @_theloveletter @resibe
Hello, beautiful people!! I am Anu. After working as a fashion designer for over a decade, I decided to take up weaving / crocheting after a visit to my grandma after a long hiatus and seeing her crocheting in spite of her weak eyesight. That made me feel motivated to learn the craft and take the legacy forward.
I still remember my grandma was always very enthusiastic to teach me the craft she was so perfect in - CROCHET. Whenever I visited her during summer vacations she used to keep the balls of thread and hooks ready for me, but still, couldn't teach me even to pull out a chain as I was never interested. But deep down the seeds of creativity got sowed in me which led me to become a Fashion Designer.
Hope you'll stop by and say hi and tell me something about you in the comments!
Wedding 1 out of 2 is officially done and I came home and read some amazing #fridayintroductions , so I wanted to do a late-night speed round before it officially isn't Friday anymore!
Here are some low-key really friggin' weird facts about me:
1. I have an amazing pain tolerance EXCEPT when it comes to my eyebrows. 😬 I haven't plucked or waxed my eyebrows in, like, three years... 😅
2. My favorite cereal is Cheerios... BUT. Instead of using regular milk, I like eating them with chocolate milk! 🙃
3. It took me awhile to figure out I wanted to be a wedding photographer! When I first started college, I thought I was going to pursue wildlife, nature or fashion photography! 😁
4. For some reason, I have a random Canadian accent. I've never lived in Canada. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 5. I -love- musicals. When I listen to a new one that I really like, I go on listening to the entire thing for days and days. My current go-to is Hamilton, but my other musical obsession is Phantom of the Opera! 🎭
6. I get REALLY excited about literally everything. Someone could tell me the tiniest news and I'll think it's worth going out and having a big celebration for because I believe you 100% deserve it!
I hope that was a sufficient speed round! It's 11:58, so I have to post this before it doesn't count anymore!! ☺️ Good night, everyone!
I know that #fridayintroductions are supposed to be about the photographer (heyy!) but sometimes, I just need to be re-introduced to truth. ❤
1. No matter how insufficient I am, He is still enough and strong in my weakness.
2. No matter what human feelings I have, He hasn't left. Ever.
3. No matter what people say, our purpose isn't in our success but in His finished work on the cross. Purpose comes from Him, not from productivity or anything else - that's the sweetest thing.
➡ P.S. I will answer the questions you sent (see my story) soon!
P.P.S. @charitywhitephotography is phenomenal. ➡What truth do you need to remember today?
Hi it's me, popping in for #fridayintroductions as usual;) I'm a Los Angeles based wedding photographer who loves natural light and spunky clients. This is me doing what I love most! I enjoy being behind the camera to capture special little moments of love between my couples. I'm personally super awkward in front of the camera and actually hate getting my photo taken... because of that, I always strive to make that particular part of the shoot extra enjoyable.
I also love when clients become friends! It's so fun celebrating each milestone alongside them. Because of these amazing connections I've made through my business, it has pushed me to strive for excellence. I aim to give my clients the best experience because they deserve it! This means I need to be constantly bettering myself and perfecting my craft as well.
This photo is from a styled shoot I did while mentoring with @_laurahernandez and @_rachelbench and I learned so much! I just finished editing these photos this week and I can't wait to share them as well as the nuggets of wisdom I gained from these two amazing #girlbosses 😁
It's time for #FridayIntroductions again!
Sometimes these posts feel like the hardest to write. Lol. That being said, I love hearing other people's stories, so here's a little bit of mine. A few things you may not know about me...
I'm still a bit of a newbie behind the camera, but I'm a fan of most things creative. I lead an amazing group of musicians every week at my church. I'm a Communications Director, which means I spend the majority of my days with my head buried in Photoshop and Illustrator, and I could spend hours in absolutely any kind of museum.
I'm completely obsessed with The Big Bang Theory! I watch at least one episode EVERY night before I go to bed, and I just make my way through the seasons gradually. Once I make it to the most current episode, I start over from season 1! 😁
Growing up, I always enjoyed back-to-school season. I looked forward to buying new supplies like pens, binders, and notebooks. It was like Christmas come early! To this day, I feel like a kid in a candy shop when I go to Staples or Office Depot. Haha
That's it for me this week. 😊 Have a lovely weekend friends!
🙋🏻 It's #FridayIntroductions time, so here's a big warm hello, especially to all the new faces, from me (the awkwardly smiling girl in this photo😬)! I truly hope to get to know some of you, so please say hello down below!! 🤗💕
🌿 F I V E . F U N . F A C T S 👩🏻💻
1️⃣ I recently got married, so my name's now Margarette Kwok! 😳 But my photography work will still remain as Margarette Sia to keep things easy! 😉
2️⃣I go through obsession phases with salsa and chips, eggs, and cereal. Right now it's cereal. 🤓 John & I went through a box of Oatmeal Squares in 1 day. I think it was literally 80% of all we ate those day. Oops! 😋
3️⃣My other current obsession that my sister-in-law got me into recently are Trader Joe's Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies! 🥛🍪 If you haven't had them, TRY THEM! SO GOOD.
4️⃣I know this is so old school, but lately I've also been really into playing Sims during my breaks. I LOVE designing & building homes & get really into it. John says I dance around a lot when I play it. Haha 🤓
5️⃣I have cried through many movies but I watched the Little Prince on Netflix with John in Hawaii on a day he was feeling sick, & I don't think I've ever bawled as hard. 😭 What's the last movie you cried through?
Alright, now that I've shared, what're some of your current obsessions & happenings? I'd love to hear!! 💕
HAPPY FRIYAYYY. time for #fridayintroductions . hi! I'm charissa. i was born and raised in southern california. i love it down here but i'm also a pretty big fan of norcal too. my whole life i've been through different spurts of random creative outlets. cake decorating. handlettering. painting. (expert) tie-dye. makeup. interior design. music. graphic design. and photography. photography is the one thing i've always come back to. i love it. it can be challenging at times (like right now in my current season of who the heck am i as a photographer and what's my actual style). BUT i really do freakin' love it.
I know, sliding in right under the clock for #fridayintroductions this week! Hello, to all my new followers and thank you to all my old ones for hanging around. I'm a pretty open book around here, so I thought this week I'd share a few random, lesser known facts about me. 🔮Other than an occasional diet cherry limeade from Sonic (YUM), I haven't had soda since 2008. 🔮 I have PCOS and we battled infertility for a year before getting pregnant. We literally got the call to start treatments such as IUI's and then IVF's, if needed, the same day we got a positive pregnancy test (3rd round of Clomid). Totally a God thing. 🔮 I started running in 2008 and before that, I avoided it at all costs. I even forged notes in elementary school to get out of running and made a "B" in PE.
🔮 Before chemo, I had a photography business and a small in home newborn studio. Since closing my business, I rarely pick up my camera, even though my post-chemo neuropathy is virtually gone. I feel like a fraud when I tell people I am a photographer. 🔮I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. .
It's the WEEKEND, yay! 🎉 It's technically Saturday, but hey. #fridayintroductions is better late than never. 😊 I'm Kevyn, a wedding & portrait photographer located in Charlotte, NC! I cry at pretty much every wedding I shoot, even if I'm second shooting and I just met the couple that day! 😂 I'm a sucker for handwritten vows, first dances, and sentimental details. 💕 The dude in the photo is my sweet boyfriend AJ. We just celebrated our third year together! He tags along on a lot of my shoots and I love his company! So that's a little about me, introduce yourself! I love connecting on Instagram 👍
So today is Friday and the day is almost over for me so I thought I would jump on the band wagon of #fridayintroductions ⠀
Hey 🙋🏼 I'm Amy a wife, mom to a 4 yr old girl,3yr old boy and 11m old girl. So yup totally have my hands full and get told that every time I'm out with them. But I wouldn't have it any other way. ⠀
I'm a wedding and lifestyle photographer and I freakin love it! When I'm taking pictures I feel it. I have the hardest time describing it. It's my soul! ⠀
So now you know a little about me tell me about you cause I truly love hearing who you are? ⠀
Have a great weekend⠀
haven't done #fridayintroductions in a little while so here goes 7 extremely random facts about me. 1~ my name is pronounced Laurèn like Ralph Lauren, not Loren, contrary to popular belief. 2~ I turn on music almost every morning as soon as I wake up. 3~ I color coordinate my closet on a regular basis. 4~ one of my favorite things to do is watching the sun set over the lake I have lived by nearly all my life. 5~ I'm entirely too sentimental. 6~ my laugh is extremely obnoxious. 7~ photography is my favorite thing is this entire world, it is my way to express myself, and most definitely something I couldn't live without. ✌🏻hope you all are having a super fab weekend so far!
There’s a lot of new faces in here, so we thought it was time for us to introduce ourselves again!
Our names are Maria and Jessie. We're two gals that kind of fell into essential oils and became passionate about living toxin-free and radically different than the norm. So much so, it's become a priority in both our lives to pursue educating and mentoring others to do the same. Maria's been married six years and lives in Portland with her two fur babies. She's also a (phenomenal) destination wedding photographer. Jessie's been married for two years and they just had their first baby girl, Briar. She's a full time stay at home mama and gets to travel often with her husband.
We're SO excited to announce the next big step in this journey we've taken- tomorrow at our Cocktails & Oil party we're launching our website and blog! Be looking out for our post and how to subscribe to the blog 🎉.
I'm working on some really exciting new work in between orders lately and it has me really excited!! Can't wait to share them all 😊 But First a little Meet the maker and Friday introductions💕 I'm Kate, a very introverted wanna be extrovert that word vomits (or puts foot in mouth) all the time. I love the idea of minimalism, avocado with eggs, growing vegetables, essential oils, running especially to the point of a good sweating 😂, solving problems, the smell of copper or sulfur and aerial photographs of pools. I dislike over analyzing, hot dogs, poker faces, and wet socks. Lol there ya go! #meetthemaker#meettheartist#fridayintroductions#introfriday#artist#artistlife#ntroductions#artlife
Physique update... since I haven't done one in a while 💁🏻 Sitting at what used to be my "bikini lean" but only 10lbs heavier than previous stage weight 😝 I'm a little nervous to see what "figure lean" will look like on me... it'll be the leanest I've ever been! #10weekstogo#leanandmean#actuallyimreallynice
I did a fun survey online (one of those questionnaires we used to do on AOL 😳🙄)
I pasted the whole thing on my site, link in #bio . But here is a snippet below:
Who were you with yesterday? My kids until 10:30, then the neighbors
What woke you up this morning? My son
Where are you? In the bathtub 😝
Is tomorrow going to be a good day? It will be the day I make it
Do you like anybody? Oh my gosh I'm not 12. I like a few people
Ever thrown up in public? Ha! Yes many times
Passed out because of alcohol? Yes
What’s on your mind RIGHT NOW? My aching belly and the fear that the rest of these questions are for teenage Myspacers
What kind of home would you like? A white stucco red Spanish roof tile rambler.
What do you want to be when you grow up? My own hero
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? A mother of three fabulous children with a trip planned to Africa
What is your favorite color? Green
Do you listen to music every day? Yes
Do you still go trick or treating? With my kids
What was the last thing you ate? Chocolate decadence with salted caramel
Are you a fast typer? 118 WPM
Whats your favorite type of soda? Mt Dew
Have you ever moved? Bunch
Have you ever won an award? A few. Never bingo
Are you listening to music right now? Nope
Real talk! #20factsaboutme
1. I go by Katt but my real name is Katherina (add a lot of phlegm when saying it!)🐱
2. My boyfriend and kitty, Alice are my biggest inspirations. They make my heart so happy! 💖
3. I have travelled to NYC, Ireland, Paris, London and Rome.😍
4. I want to travel to Japan, Scotland, Greece, Italy, Egypt, Hawaii, Iceland, California, etc (like I want to go everywhere)✈️
5. My big loves are art, the environment, animal life, modelling (totally miss it), cartoons, writing and equality for all❤
6. I was born with a handicap in my hands that gives me excruciating pain. I started drawing to prove to myself that I can and I love it. 👊
7. I really struggled in school with my ADD and LDs and had a hard time reading until I was put onto Ritalin. It was a game changer, I cried happily when I finally could read a book without losing focus. 🌸
8. Tap is my favourite form of dance.🎼
9. I'm an only child, which may look awesome from the outside but can actually be quite lonely, at times. I always wanted a little brother. 🐣
10. When I was little, I danced with the Royal Winnipeg Ballet and met prima ballerina, Evelyn Hart. 🎀
11. I started typography to create uplifting quotes to raise other people's spirits, along with my own. 🙌
12. I've dealt with too many health hiccups since I was little but I've been feeling amazing lately, which I think is worth sharing 😝
13. Speaking of health, I have to have my uterus removed at some point in the future. Woo hoo😂
14. I am a huge lover of cartoons. 😉
15. Whenever I'm sick, I watch all the Kung Fu Panda movies. 🐼
16. My favourite movies are Braveheart, Lord of the Rings, Howl's Moving Castle, The Color Purple, My Neighbor Totoro, Mulan, Pocahontas, Little Women and Finding Neverland. 🎬
17. My favourite books are The Giver, To Kill a Mockingbird, Harry Potter, The Secret Life of Bees, Girl Interrupted, Peter Pan, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Perks of Being a Wallflower. 📚
18. My favourite colour has always been green. 💚
19. I come from a very complicated family but can honestly say my parents are the best. 👨👩👧
20. Even though I was asked if I was 16 a few months ago, I'm turning 30 in August🤓
Guys, I had such a hard time figuring out what to do for my #5factsFriday#FridayIntroductions . I was going to do the first 5 songs on my iTunes top 25, but that was pretty boring. I then started debating doing podcasts, but I'm going to need some time to narrow that one down. Oh also, it's almost midnight and I need to get to bed. Since I'm on my phone though, I decided to share the top five apps I apparently used the most in the last 24 hours. I was going to originally share what I thought I used the most, but then I realized that my phone can do that for me! There were a few on there I expect, but also a few surprises. 1️⃣ Podcast app. Okay, that's not a surprise at all. I listen to so many podcasts that I can't keep up with them. I'm also listening to them most of the day at work. 2️⃣ Instagram. Go figure. I try to not be on here all of the time, but figuring out what to post, replying to comments, and browsing some of my favorite feeds takes time! Knowing this though, maybe I'll try to cut back. 3️⃣ Two Dots: this is my iPhone game of choice. Whenever I'm too tired to read on the metro, I'll pull this out to play a few rounds while I'm listening to podcasts. It's a simple game, but it definitely keeps me occupied. The only downside is that you only get 5 lives and I'm not paying for more, so it goes quickly. 4️⃣ Music: a little bit of a surprise here. I mostly use it when I'm reading on the metro, but I guess that adds up over time. 5️⃣ Gmail! You know how some people go to Facebook for mindless browsing? I for some reason go check my gmail. Why? I have no idea. But it's a habit I'd like to break.
I have to say, I'm surprised that snapchat wasn't up there, but since I only looked at the last 24 hours. If there's one habit I want to break after looking through this, it's checking my gmail so often!
What phone apps do you use the most? Or at least think you use the most? 📷 by @kimberlyraquel_
Happy Friday Everyone! Since there are some new faces around here, for today's #fridayintroductions I thought I would share a little story and this flashback photo with you about how two years ago, one of my dreams came true! Eli took me to Dapper Day at Disneyland and it was everything I had hoped it would be and more! Aside from the rain that morning which of course ruined all the curls I had worked so hard to make, leaving me with my naturally straight hair by the time the sun came out that afternoon, of course... Dapper Day is a day dedicated to dressing up in style, vintage or not, to the Disney Parks. It was so surreal to be in Disneyland and see so many people dressed up but even more so, dressed up and looking like they actually belonged on Main Street during it's time! It made me think of what it was probably like when Walt first opened the park and it was by far one of the most special times I've gone. If you love dressing up, vintage, Disney, and being surrounded by kindred spirits, then you would love it! Whenever we passed people who were also dressed for Dapper Day, we shared knowing smiles. Dapper Day at Disneyland is this weekend, and even though I'm bummed I'm not able to be there, I will live vicariously through the insta posts of everyone who is attending and leave all the heart eye emojis on people's dapper bounds and say "Next year!" 💖 Have you ever been or heard of Dapper Day??
Hey there! It's Friday! Whoo hoo! Time for #fridayintroductions
I'm Sara-Anne and this is my fur baby Bella...she's a 4 year old #shihtzu and spoiled! Along with her, I'm momma to two other humans and they are my ❤️! I'm a full time #bosslady with a coffee obsession and love for helping others. I often wish I had started this journey 10 years earlier, but realize that those ten years of "wandering" helped to build the must needed foundation that truly helped to pave the way for many dreams. I'm also always playing catch up, feeling that my laundry is never done and I long to have my suitcase packed just in case we can wander. I'm thrilled that you are here and would love to get to know you better! If you can, leave me a two or three word that describes a bi dream of yours!