It was garlic harvest day. Didn't have to be, but it looks like we are going to get a lot of rain in the near future and the pragmatic side of me said, "might as well dig them all up today while the ground is still dry". I did count them all, but it's easier to say there were two wheel barrowfuls 😉
Dinner is served! 🍽
Tonight I made grilled red bell pepper, feta cheese, and spinach skirt steak roll-ups with roasted asparagus! 😍
I don't always have the time to make gormet meals like this.. in fact, most of the time just trying to make my shakes in the morning is too much because Caleb will start crying and screaming in his play pen or crib. 😣
But I LOVE cooking and I'm not going to give it up! So whenever I do have the time, I like to try different foods and recipes!
Here are the directions (or what I did) for this super healthy and yummy meal!
All you need is skirt steak, red bell peppers, feta cheese, spinach, garlic, asparagus, olive oil, salt, pepper, and toothpicks! ✔
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. On a sheet pan for the asparagus, drizzle some olive oil, and season with salt and pepper then set aside.
2. Use a meat tenderizer to flatten out the skirt steak, then cut into 3-4 inch pieces and season with salt and pepper (front and back).
3. Mince a few garlic cloves and spread on top of the steak.
4. Slice and sautee the red bell peppers in olive oil on medium heat, then put a few pieces on each steak.
5. Add the spinach and feta cheese.
6. Roll up the pieces of steak and pin it with a toothpick.
7. Sautee the rolls for about 1-2 minutes on each side on medium-high heat, until brown.
8. Immediately put in the oven with the asparagus for about 10 minutes.
9. Take the rolls out, and leave the asparagus in for another 5-10 minutes, or until soft.
10. Cool for about 5-10 minutes and enjoy! 👌
If you try it out, let me know how you like it! <3
These Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes look so good!!! I have not always been the biggest #sweetpotato fan but lately I have been changing my view on them! What are some of your favorite ways to eat them? Thanks @cafedelites for the recipe ❤️ https://cafedelites.com/2016/09/15/garlic-butter-smashed-sweet-potatoes-with-parmesan/