Thank you to everyone who messaged me I'm fine thanks apart from my ears are still bloody ringing & the hairs on my face singed 😳 I was walking past a metal rubbish bin in King Street when there was a massive explosion & massive flames came flying out of the bin towards me and just missed blowing my face off the Fire Bridge attended & I was checked over by a Paramedic for burns & shock. It turns out someone had thrown a Butane Gas / Lighter Fluid bottle in the bin and someone going by then threw a lit cigarette in and boom 💥 I'm just glad I didn't have the boys with me or it could have been much worse. xx #gasexplosion#nearlyblewmyheadoff
30 years today since my dad was a new fire fighter attending a call next to the Cape York Hotel when a gas tanker exploded killing a man and severely burning several others including dad. He spent months in the burns unit and had multiple skin grafts and still has some very impressive scars today 👨🚒🚒🔥 #cairnsbleve#gasexplosion#firefighter#30yearanniversary#17aug1987
Nigerian journalist, wife, son killed in gas explosion .
The national vice president of Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN), South-South zone, Eddie Bekom, died on Sunday at the Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, where he was receiving medical attention following injuries he sustained in a domestic gas explosion. .
His wife and one of their sons also died from injuries they also sustained in the explosion.
Mr. Bekom was a staff of the Cross RiverBroadcasting Service, Ikom.
The gas explosion occurred at the home of his neighbour in Ikom some weeks ago and affected his entire household and a neighbour. .
The family members had been under intensive care at the hospital, with three of the children still on admission.
One of the three remaining children is still in critical condition at the hospital.
In a statement signed by its Ebonyi chairman, Chukwuemeka Opara, SWAN expressed regret that all efforts made to save Mr. Bekom’s life, after the death of two of his family members, failed.
“In this moment of utmost grief, we commiserate with the entire SWAN family and pray that God gives us all and the entire Bekom family the fortitude to bear these irreparable losses. “We use this opportunity to thank the Ebonyi state government for pledging to offset the entire bills of treating the Bekom family, the management and staff of FETHA, SWAN members, other journalists among others who through prayers and financial contribution.” #swan#journo#journalist#news#gasexplosion#fuzelocal
Heard about the gas explosion this morning. It shook me. In fact I felt my door move. And later I saw the video. It's saddening but whatever you're going through I tell you God's got you. My heart goes out to the people of New Takoradi, Chinese and its environs. Sorry for the loss. Be safe. Be strong. Shot taken 3 days ago at the same place on assignment for landscapes. 🙏🏾 #one love #disaster#gasexplosion#ishootdifferent#fofostudios#takoradi#ghanaphotography
Hey everyone. So yesterday a gas canister exploded in my friend's van, and this is what happened. Luckily he escaped with cuts, bruises and a few burns but it could have been so much worse so I'm sharing this to remind everyone to be really careful as summer approaches and we get our gas bbqs out. And use canisters in general. Be careful! #gasexplosion#gasbbq#gassafety
Rotunda is changing its face!
It's the last chance to say goodbye to the old Rotunda!
Every Varsovian knows this place. Rotunda was built in 1960s and has served for both residents of Warsaw and tourists as a meeting point ever since. People who come to Warsaw for the first time are often surprised to know that this building survived a gas explosion in 1979 (it was 70% destroyed and rebuilt). Now, the old Rotunda is going down in history but the new one will replace it in the near future.