Gluten free (& dairy & egg free) banana bread with scrambled egg whites (ironic, I know) were the highlight and only high point of my day thus far. It went all downhill from there, but I'm almost over the hump, and am looking for the light at the end of the tunnel. Looking forward to laying it all out on the pavement this evening 🏃🏻♀️
Did you know I used to be a pastry chef? I usually just eat peaches in season, peeled, juice dropping down my hands. They're so amazing eaten simply, right? But today we have 12 people coming for brunch and I wanted to do something special. Made this paleo-friendly cobbler with farmer's market 🍑 fruit, Bob's Red Mill Paleo flour, and a recipe from @glutenfreegigi - can't wait!
My banana pancake obsession just reached new heights today at @madesbananaflourco where they make their pancakes from actual BANANA FLOUR 🍌🍌🍌🍌😍😍😍 and here I thought I've tried it all... #goingbananas#mindblown#tastebudsblown
CARROT & SPICE MUFFINS
· 2 cups gluten free flour or blanched almond flour (or half and half)
· ½ teaspoon unrefined sea salt
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· ½ tsp allspice (or extra cinnamon)
· ½ tsp cinnamon
· ½ tsp powdered ginger
· a pinch of clove
· 3 eggs
· ½ cup coconut oil, melted
· ½ cup maple syrup OR other sweetener
· 1-2 Tbs grated fresh ginger (optional)
· 1 cup grated carrot
· ¾ cup chopped drained tinned pineapple (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine gluten free flour, salt, baking soda, and spices.
2. In a smaller bowl whisk together eggs, oil, and syrup. Add fresh ginger, grated carrot, and pineapple (if using). 3. Stir wet ingredients into dry
4. Spoon batter into paper- lined muffin or friand tins
5. Bake at 180° for 15-17 minutes for mini muffins and 20-22 minutes for regular muffins.
6. Cool and serve