The HPC team just LOVE the Keiser Belt Squat and for good reason! It has more major benefits that we have space for in this post so here are the main ones:
- No spinal compression – the weights is distributed from the hips allowing people with back issues to re-introduce their most loved lower body exercises back into the exercise regime
- Speed - with air resistance, athletes can suddenly train closer to the speed they would perform at and explosive movements can be replicated at game-speed, conditioning the muscles to fire faster. “Train slow, be slow,” as the saying goes.
- Consistency - with air resistance, no matter how fast or slow you move – the resistance stays the same.
- Injury prevention - because the air resistance is uniform, key stabilisers can’t go to sleep as the weight begins to accelerate and must remain active and engaged throughout the entire range of motion, throughout a range of velocities. The elimination of lifting weights on and off machines is also a great way to conserve energy between sets and prevent injury.
- Measurable feedback - instead of estimating how fast or powerful a movement was, Keiser machines display a power output corresponding to each rep, allowing athletes and trainers to quantify and track power in real time. Once those starting points are accurately measured and accessed, then the true work and improvement targets can commence.
T h e N e x t S t e p
For too long now I have let my fear of not being good enough get in the way.
My fear for failure consumed me, causing me to be so unbelievably hard on myself and made me scared to jump outside my comfort zone not believing in myself and having an excuse for everything.
I have an idea of where I want my future to head and I have finally made the first step towards my goals and dreams and overcoming the initial fear of stepping into the industry of health and fitness.
Taking the first step of moving forward into a career I am so passionate about was one of the hardest challenges I’ve had to face to stop with the excuses and reason to why I can’t do this to finding my reason to why I can and to stop backing away from it and to finally grab it and put everything I can into this to show myself this is what I want to be doing. I care so much and want to help people and help educate people the wonderful benefits that being active can do for you and your families future.
I have been lucky enough to be offered an opportunity of a life time, to be able to PT out of an amazing facility with the most amazing community a place where as soon as you walk in you feel like home it's a place I feel so comfortable in and a place that gives me the confidence to share my love for wanting to help people I am very much looking forward to the journey ahead to put all my knowledge into action.
So if you are looking for a PT please don't hesitate to contact me and organise a time to have a chat.
Life is way too short.
Oh yeahhhh it’s happening again! @athletikan dropped their newest triple white shoe tonight at 7pm AEDT! They are super light and very aesthetically pleasing🔥 I have a black pair also from their last drop but be quick, they only have 500 of each color✔️💯#beathletikan
Meet Lesley 💙
This lovely lady is stepping in to teach some Met.Con classes and we know that you are going to love her as much as we do!
Catch a dose of her contagious enthusiasm on Monday’s at 5:30am and Friday’s at 6:30am
I use to make sure I trained deadlifts weekly but over the last 6 months I have only done them a few times.
Attempting heavy lifts last night I wasn't expecting much, thinking I would have lost quite a bit of strength from not being consistent with the lift.
I was wrong!
100kg ×5 reps and 110kg ×3.
Despite not being consistent with this particular lift I believe I have held a lot of my strength from my PAST consistency. Training them weekly for a lonnnng time provided me with a strong back, glutes and legs. A big lift like a deadlift makes a big impact that not even 6 months off can hinder.
So stick at it guys! Work for that everlasting strength!
Now I'm interested to see what I can do if I actually train for these 😎😎😎
POUND is on TONIGHT in Mermaid! Come and release your inner Rockstar!!
7pm at @thestudioentertainment 22 Karen Ave, Mermaid Beach ***first class FREE ***regular casual class $10 ***pls bring an exercise mat and let’s ROCK!!! ⚡️💚⚡️💚⚡️
Today training quads 📍My planned workout got wiped off my phone 🤷♀️ So I had to try remember/make up on the spot... verdict #nailedit 😜 Quads on fire after including leg extension drop sets, reverse lunges, step ups, leg press high reps, curtesy lunges & stiletto squats 🔥Lots of single leg work today too to control any imbalances and really isolate the working leg/muscles targeted👌🏼What are you guys training today to kick off your new week of fitness? #fitness#newweek#justdoit
Jon and I Playing with a selection of basic and intermediate two man Taijiquan reaction and sensitivity games. These games lead toward the pinnacle of being able to train free form roughhousing and sensitivity style ‘sparring’ with a partner whilst remaining in an ‘internal movement’ mode and without reverting to a attack / defense strategy whilst gaining all the qi development benefits from internal training - all gradually building into a solid impromptu fighting / healing internal meditative practice. (Yes!! The healing benefits are massive too!!!) Interesting roughhousing games like these have always been a large part of any good combative taijiquan training so it is great to see so many movement trainers starting to incorporate them into their sessions. For more about how taiji uses roughhosuing to train advanced taijiquan and reaction fighting skills please ask me...means i might actually get off my butt and make some videos for ya!! Lol. #qifit#taichi#taijiquan#pushhands#roughhousing#martialarts#internalmartialarts#fun#fungames
Monday Mindset Tip 👉🏼Do something today that makes you smile inside and out 😊 For me I love training/fitness/exercise/movement - whatever you want to call it, I love it 💜It makes me feel happy, it gives me confidence, it's good for me, it's therapy, it's healthy and it's fun 🤸🏼♀️What makes you smile inside and out? Go do more of that 🙃 #smiles#happydays#healthy#mondaymotivation
Beach Buddha Bowl: Roasted sweet potatoes and a tamari drizzle give this bowl a sweet and tasty Hawaiian vibe. It’s filled to the brim with veggies, so you’re definitely going to feel beach ready after eating it!
Broccoli 🥦 🥦🥦 is known to be a hearty and tasty vegetable which is rich in dozens of nutrients. It is said to pack the most nutritional punch of any vegetable. When we think about green vegetables to include in our diet, broccoli is one of the foremost veggies to come to our mind. Coming from the cabbage family, broccoli can be categorized as an edible green plant.
1. Cancer prevention: Broccoli shares cancer fighting and immune boosting properties with other cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and cabbage. Broccoli contains properties that depletes estrogens which usually cause cancer in the body. Research shows that broccoli is extremely suitable for preventing breast and uterus cancer.
2. Cholesterol reduction: Like many whole foods, broccoli is packed with soluble fiber that draws cholesterol out of your body. This is because the fiber in broccoli helps bind with bile acids in the digestive tract. This makes excreting cholesterol out of our body easy. According to a research by the Institute of Food Research, a particular variety of broccoli can help reduce the blood LDL-cholesterol levels by 6 per cent.
3. Reducing allergic reaction and inflammation: Research has shown the ability of kaempferol to lessen the impact of allergy-related substances on our body. Broccoli even has significant amounts of omega 3 fatty acids, which are well known as anti-inflammatory. Along with this, broccoli can also help people suffering from arthritis as broccoli contains sulforaphane, a chemical that blocks the enzymes that can cause joint destruction and hence lead to inflammation.
4. Powerful antioxidant: Broccoli contains antioxidants that can help the body in a variety of ways. Broccoli is deeply concentrated with vitamin C, making it great for immunity. Other than this, broccoli also contains flavonoids which help recycle the vitamin C efficiently. It is also enriched with carotenoids lutein, zeaxanthin, beta-carotene and other power packed antioxidants.
#pacificfreshfruit#brocoli #🥦 #veggies#vegetarian#vegan#veganfood#raw#rawfood#goldcoast#goldcoastvegans#food#happy#summer#goldcoastfitness#goldcoastfood#market#sunday
2 0 1 7
Although this year has been a rollercoaster ride, i’ve been so privileged to have met some incredible people. Im so thankful for days like today, spending hours with an amazing friend.
Lately i’ve been surrounding myself with people that are happy to see me and vice versa. I invest time in people who invest time in me. I spend time with people that make me feel good. People who give me energy and give me hope. People without drama or poison in their lives. People who start positive conversations and exit negative ones. People who would rather dream with me than waste time gossiping.
These are the people who are going places. These are the people I want by my side. You know who are!x
POUND HQ are on the search for applicants to host POUND Pro trainings in 2018. Do you know someone with a suitable venue? Perhaps your gym is ready to introduce an exciting new workout unlike any other?? Applications are open worldwide, but in particular I’m on the lookout for Gold Coast/Brisbane hosts for early 2018. If you are interested in hosting, please send me a message ⚡️🤘⚡️@poundfit
Gomacro base themselves off the core 5 principles of be well, go vegan, sustainable sourcing, community support and following a macrobiotic diet, designed not only to enhance nutritional intake but also mental health and well being.
Gomacro offer highly nutritious, protein fortified, certified organic and vegan protein bars for anyone looking for vitamin and mineral packed bars on the run.
No added salt, no refined sugar and no ingredients you cant pronounce.
Treat yourself with these delicious, highly nutritious protein bars and live a macrobiotic diet of nutritious wealth and lifestyle health.
Curious about BUF Girls? Come try your first session for free this Wednesday 4:15pm! Bookings essential. PM to confirm a ‘no strings attached’ spot in our circuit class in Oxenford (ps. female only class) ☺️#fortheloveofit#bufgirls#goldcoastfitness