Just chillin before it all heats up again.
Really enjoying the nice weather, good temp for working outside and easy on the animals.
For all your beef, pork and.... lamb needs, come and see is at the @victorharborfarmersmarket this Saturday
I know it SEEMS like I’m living off cauliflower rice at the mo, but that’s only because I AM 🤪 in all seriousness, I’m eating this stuff most days because it’s ready in minutes (microwave or pan - so quick to cook), and is so versatile. No I’m not being sponsored by cauliflowers (promise). This cauliflower kim-chi fried rice was b. o. m. b. So you’d better DO IT:
Cook #tumericfriedeggs in a tablespoon of #grassfed ghee as per recipe on my blog. Remove eggs from pan and use the left over ghee to fry up about 150g cauli rice with a sprinkle of turmeric + glug of coconut aminos or tamari/soy sauce. Add a big handful of frozen peas and fresh or frozen spinach, along with a heaping scoop of #fermented kim chi (I use @peaceloveandvegetables). Cook until everything is piping hot. DELISH!
Last week our entire family was on the verge of melting down (maybe us parents the most) #toomanysnowdays ...without snow to play in. So we decided to play around with our first Farm Talk video (not intending to record anything). This is what came of it. Turns out this was the highlight of our day. Laughter with our kids, moods lightened unexpectedly...it was the best. And also, with AnnCarter as our camera tech we captured this little gem & decided it was everything we wanted it to be #reallife . Watch for more in weeks following as we experiment with some winter recipes & share killer weekly deals on some great #grassfed meat!
When the mainstream media promotes #keto and includes “steak bites” as a good snack, we are making progress!
As it turns out, read meat is not so bad for you and it’s actually nutrient-dense, prevents extreme blood sugar fluctuations throughout the day, and keeps your fueled for longer!
And if you are running out the door, grab our pure beef jerky #grassfedjerkychews with no sugar added for a satisfying and tasty meal!
📷 @womenshealthmag #snack#healthy
Making real caramel from scratch is a process that requires gauging “done-ness” by observing the color; smell; bubbling; and smoking of cooked sugar and then observing color; taste; and texture all over again in the finished product. In the Zsa’s kitchen, caramel making can be a challenge because of variable temperature and humidity. However, the slight variations from batch to batch are all a signature of doing something from scratch and not purchasing a pre-made flavor product, that while it may yield a consistent color, is not made by hand, over a single burner, by someone who takes pride in getting it right and learning how to improve the process along the way. Over the past weeks, we’ve decided that one of the most sure-fire ways to judge color, which can be quite subjective when left to verbal descriptions, is to use paint chips as one more tool to identify “done-ness.” Today we learned that our Salted Caramel is made up of Golden Aura; Squash Bisque; Peachwood; and Jasper Cane.
I have Hashimoto’s so I don’t do fullblown #Keto but I certainly modify it to suit my needs along with IF and supplements and I am so pumped to finally pee on the stick and have a red color instead of tan!
Feeling fantastic and loving my #theraputicrevival 💜🥓👍🏻🧠🚽
Gahhhh my little Cuban heart is happy 😍
When I was young my grandma did all the cooking and it was alwayssss typical Cuban food. I legit ate picadillo (ground beef), white rice, black beans, and sweet fried plantains EVERY DAY.. for an entire year 👈🏽 I am SO not kidding.
Which is why a meal like this makes me soooo happy AND it’s perfectly portioned and on plan! 👏🏽👏🏽 👉🏽 organic, grass fed ground beef (90/10)
👉🏽 cauliflower rice 👉🏽 baked plantains 👉🏽 black beans
You know it’s a match made in heaven when your plan allows you to have your fave things while still being healthy and clean! 🙌🏽 What a fave childhood meal/food you want to give healthy makeover??
Another easy sheet pan dinner: Roasted potatoes, broccoli and grass fed strip steak from @butcher_box. ~30 min cook time
- one or two pieces of steak, depending on how many people are eating. This one was big enough for two people ( I shared with my dad) 🥩
- small red potatoes 🥔 - one head of broccoli 🥦 - minced garlic (as much as your heart desires
-balsamic vinegar - salt, pepper, rosemary
1. Start by seasoning your steak with course sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Put steak into a freezer bag and add 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Put in fridge to marinate.
2. Preheat your oven to 400 and while preheating, cut up your potatoes and lay them on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, your desired amount of garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Roast in oven for 20 minutes
3. While potatoes are roasting, cut up your broccoli and set aside. When 20 minutes are up on the potatoes, add the cut up broccoli to the sheet pan and toss up with extra garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Leave space in the middle for your steak.
4. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, and once heated lay your steak out and pan sear on both sides for 1 minute. Once browned on both sides, lay steak out on the baking sheet and place back into the oven for 10-15 minutes (depending how you like your steak cooked! I cooked for 12 because I’m ok with it being a bit pink)
5. Enjoy! 🥩🥦🥔 #dinner#whole30#recipe#paleo#steak#butcherbox#sheetpandinner#foodie#foodporn#cooking#foodiesofig#grassfed
Curious what the ➕ in PROTEIN + HEALTH means? Aside from 25g of Grass-Fed Whey Protein, we’ve also packed our protein with some extra ingredients to help you #Train better!
➕ DigeZyme® digestive enzymes for improved digestive health and reduced DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness).
➕ MCTs for a great source of energy for the body.
➕IgY Max® for stimulating the growth of beneficial gut bacteria for optimal gut health.
➕FruiteX-B® for joint discomfort, flexibility, and improved inflammatory response.
Emily Moose, Director of A Greener World and Jeremiah Jones, President of certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW’s North Carolina Natural Hog Growers Association & owner of Grassroots Pork Co. led a great session all about the benefits of our trustworthy certifications at last weekend's @southernsawg. We think it makes a difference to hear it from the certifier and the certified!
Are you proud to be Certified Animal Welfare Approved by A Greener World? Tell us why below! Have questions? Let us know! #agreenworld#SSAWG2018
#eatbetter#recipe (Sweet Potato Sloppy Joe Sliders)
Healthy recipes to compliment your training program.
1. 2 Medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4" thick rounds
2. 1 TB. avocado oil
3. 1 TB. coconut oil
4. 1 lb. grassfed ground beef
5. ¼ tsp. sea salt
6. ¼ tsp ground black pepper
7. 2 medium yellow onions, diced
8. 1 celery stalk, finely diced
9. 1 garlic clove, minced
10. 1 TB. tomato paste
11. 1 tsp. ground cumin
12. 1 tsp. chili powder
13. ½ tsp. paprika
14. 1 TB. raw honey
15. 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
16. 3 TB. water
17. 1 cup spinach leaves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F)
2. In a large bowl toss the sweet potato rounds in avocado oil, salt and pepper
3. Place seasoned sweet potato rounds on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 30-35 minutes, flipping halfway
4. While potatoes are baking, add the coconut oil to a large skillet over medium heat and cook the beef until only a little pink remains
5. Add the onion, celery and garlic and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes
6. Add tomato paste, cumin, chili powder and paprika to the meat mixture and stir for 1 minute
7. Add the honey, apple cider vinegar, tomato sauce and water to the mixture, stir to combine and summer on low for 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
8. Once the sweet potatoes are done cooking arrange them on a serving plate with toppings of your choice! I like to add spinach leaves for a fun color pop (they also hold on the meat quite well) or you could use larger lettuce leaves as a "boat" for the sliders
Nutrition info per 2 sliders (makes 8 servings): Cal(244) P(13g) C(17g) F(14g)
For more great recipes like this check out primaltreatsandeats.wordpress.com
Tag a friend & check back weekly for more recipes
powered @primaltreatsandeats #primaltreatsandeats
Making a positive decision can be as easy as starting the day off with a morning cup of #grassfed#bonebroth . No carbs, low calories but with a mug-ful of collagen protein, minerals, and amino acids with the essential fatty acids (including high in omega 3 thanks to our 50 hours of slow-cooking to ensure maximum marrow nutrition and richness) this is an energy boost. I like to add a bit of grass-fed butter or olive oil (in this case Best of the Bone Organic Italian Herbs & Garlic) You can still have your cup of coffee too 😉😋#healyourgut#fightinflammation#reducewrinkles#jointhealth#diabetestype2#bodyhealth#bestofthebone available at healthfood shops and www.theherbaldoctors.com
Only a couple spots left for the Gut Connection talk happening 11th February from 10am, cost is $10pp ~ email me to book your place! 💫On that note ~ looking at doing these in the future, will definitely have another one on gut health itself as this has been received SO well! But, putting the question over to you - what do you want to know more about, what aspects of health and nutrition would you want to come along & learn about? 💫Email me or comment below with you suggestions ... x
LEMON POPPYSEED KETO ENERGY BALLS 🍋 // a spontaneous creation for a client - swipe left to see the process // recipe:
1.5 cups shredded coconut
1 cup raw cashews
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk
2 TBS @sunbutter
2 TBS tahini
2 TBS poppy seeds
1 TBS chia seeds
1 TBS gelatinized maca
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 3 lemons
1 TBS @lakantosweetener (or other sweetener)
Pinch of sea salt
Blend in a food processor or Vitamix until almost smooth. Roll into balls. Refrigerate and enjoy! 💫