*BAKED CHILI RELLENOS WITH CILANTRO LIME RICE AND CILANTRO CREMA*
1. For the crema, blend together 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tsp garlic salt, and 1/2 bunch of cilantro. Pour into a serving bowl and set aside.
2. Next, prep the peppers. Wash and dry 6 poblano peppers. Cut a “T” shape into the upper half of the pepper about 1/2 inch from the stem. Be careful not to cut all the way through the pepper. Open the flaps and remove the seeds. Place the peppers on a lined baking sheet and broil on high for 12 minutes, flipping the peppers every 3 minutes. Remove the peppers from the oven, place them in a bowl, and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Sweat the peppers for 10-15 minutes (until they are cool enough to peel). Peel the skin off the peppers. Set aside.
3. While the peppers are roasting, start sautéing 2 & 1/2 large diced onions in a large frying pan with plenty of butter. Sauté until they begin to turn gold.
4. Using the same lined baking sheet, roast 6 halved Roma tomatoes (skin side up), with 2 bulbs of peeled garlic, in 1 tsp olive oil, under the low broiler for 7 minutes. Stir the garlic after 5 minutes. Put the tomatoes and the garlic into a blender. Add 1 tsp cumin, 2 tsp New Mexico chili powder, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 cup of the sautéed onions, and one 8oz can of tomato sauce. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
5. Add 2 pounds of ground beef into the sauté pan with the rest of the caramelized onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until done. 6. In a rice cooker, cook 2 cups of rice. When the rice is done, add 2 tbsp butter, 1 cup chopped cilantro, and 1 tbsp lime juice. Stir together until incorporated.
7. In a large glass casserole dish, carefully stuff the peeled roasted peppers with the meat. Spoon the red sauce over the top. Cover with a generous amount of shredded Colby Jack cheese. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, until cheese melts.
8. Enjoy!! NOTE: Since this recipe was experimental, there will be extra sauce and meat. You can use the leftovers for another recipe, make more than 6 peppers, or simply eat the remainders over rice.
Here is how I make my spaghetti #likemydad but yeah.. here is a 7 step guide:
Step 1: get a pan (obviously) then put your ground beef in it until it turns brown (Additional: take a spoon of extra virgine Olive Oil and put it in the pan)
Step 2: Add your green goodies, we are talking about vegetables here ;) Step 3: Add your tomato paste and stir
Step 4: Throw some Italian herb mix into your sauce and stir again
Step 5: Mix and bind it all together by adding water and turn up the heat for 2-3 minutes (it gives some texture to the sauce, that kind that pleases the eye)
Step 6: Cook the spaghetti al dente (I mostly cook it in 7-8 minutes) after take the spaghetti of the heat and rinse for a few seconds with cold water and add some olive oil for some extra extra!
Step 7: Serve your beautiful spaghetti Bolognese and watch the magic happen when the taste buds explode! (Step 8: As addition to make the dish even more sublime, make a salad)
Bon appétit! 👌🏽
Pizza dough by pizza buddy (from Walmart)
For the cheese filling:
One pack of sweet cheese
Black caraway seeds
For the 7ar7oora filling:
3 tablespoons of hot pepper paste
2 tablespoons of the chili paste
Black caraway seeds
For the meat filling:
1 tablespoon of tahini
1 tablespoon of pomegranate sauce
Spices for meat: cumin, red pepper, Sazón, salt, pepper, seven spices, paprika, garlic powder
🔸crumble the cheese and mix in the red pepper, salt, and black seeds 🔸mix the ingredients for the 7ar7oora and keep adding olive oil until it’s somewhat runny 🔸brown the meat a little bit by itself then add the rest of the ingredients to it 🔸the fillings can be done overnight and kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator 🔸make sure your dough reaches room temperature before you take it out of the bag 🔸preheat oven to 450 degrees 🔸divide the dough into six or four pieces depending on preference and flatten out each piece to how thin you prefer it 🔸place them on a tray and put them in the oven for 2-5 min until the bottom has a little color to it 🔸take them out of the oven and flip them over then put the desired fillings on top 🔸place them back in the oven for about 5-10 min depending on your oven. Be sure to keep an eye on it 🔸take them out and let it cool on parchment paper
Judging a book by its cover here but I'm pretty #impressed with my @butcher_box order. The box is well insulated with dry ice (not that we need that now here in the Chicagoland area) and the meat is in an insulated bag so it kept everything frozen sitting in the box for a few hours.
I opted for the select what you want box and got 4lbs of #groundbeef , 6lbs of #chickenbreast , 3lbs of #wings , two 10oz #steaks , and my free #bacon !! 🥓
I'll post something whenever I cook up something from my box and let ya know if it passes the ultimate test, taste! I'm not worried though 😎
Follow this link to get yourself a year of free bacon when you sign up now! http://fbuy.me/hBXag *Disclaimer* I have no affiliation with this company, I just really like bacon and want to spread the love 😂
🍒 Slow Cooker Cherry Popped! 🍒
I haven't been getting home until 7 or later and for me that's actually dinner time, so now I have dinner at like 9 by the time I change and prep/make dinner. I am D O N E. 😪😴 We've been on the fence for getting one but I finally did it and it just made today so simple.
This recipe I got in my new cook book "paleo slow cooker" by @rubiesandradishes. Since most slow cooker recipes are for families and big dinners, I halved the recipe. Strange as according to MFP, the above servings were 977 calories. I think not. Look how small the serving is. Ingredients: onion, garlic, ground beef, bell pepper, 1c pasta sauce, sweet potato. 😐 I took some sweet potato out to lower the calories (even though they're healthy) but i wasn't sure how it would turn out. But since the original recipe served 6, I just made it into three servings - it's all healthy ..so i don't feel guilty. 🤷🏻♀️
It was a little mushy as you can see, unlike the photo from the book unsurprisingly, there was a bit too much liquid when it was done, and the dumb part was cooking everything but the sweet potato first (which I did last night) so that defeats the purpose. 🤦🏻♀️
Other than that I am pleased and will be using it when I know I'll be home late after my work out. .
Any recipe suggestions that are your go to? i am trying to cook with nothing processed (vegetables, fruit, protein and spices)...something for just 2 servings would be a bonus! .
#slowcooker#sweetpotato#groundbeef#paleo#whole30#paleoslowcooker#arsyvartanian#cookbook#8WeekChallenge#kamloopsfitfam#kamloopstraininggrounds @kamloopstraininggrounds #MyFitnessPal @MyfitnessPal @fitbit #fitbit#fitbitcharge2#CleanEating#sugarfree#dairyfree#healthyeating#buildingthenew#cleaneating#eatclean#fitnessmotivation#goals#portioncontrol#ReFocus#results#FailToPlanPlanToFail