[Multiple pictures + review below!] 1/100 MG FA-78 Full Armor Gundam Ver. KA (Gundam Thunderbolt)! What a kit. Really. This thing is a sight to behold and a joy to build. It's not without its share of problems, but it's an experience I can honestly say any and all Gunpla builders should experience. If you ever have the opportunity, buy it! You will not be disappointed.
- Amazing mechanical detail, with lots of missile hatches and hidden weapons
- Extremely realistic design, as is standard with the Thunderbolt series
- Lots of badass lookin' weapons; the Double Beam Rifle is especially epic
- Looks good with minimal detailing on white parts
- Surprisingly poseable given the joint sheathing
- Vinyl joint sheathing adds to realism much more than sculpted parts
- Armor is easy to attach/remove, with few hard join points
- Included stand (see below though...) CONS:
- Lots of small parts that WILL FALL OFF AND GET LOST unless you're careful. Use glue or be extremely careful with the kit
- Included stand is extremely flimsy and will collapse if kit is shaken too much whilst on it. Action Base is almost ESSENTIAL; kit is too weighty to stand up by itself!
- Vinyl joint sheathing is a royal pain to attach to kit, and instructions aren't very helpful about it either
- NO extra vinyl sheathing is included should any get destroyed while building
- Some armor parts may be loosely attached; YMMV.