Bowl No 33 in my #365healthybowls challenge. Follow me on Instagram @plantbased2go and the hashtag above to keep tags on my progress and find some inspiration for your next meal. Yellow nectarine, fig, blueberry, goji berry, almond and raisin topped rolled oats. Enjoy! Tag a friend would love this meal. @plantbased2go
When you are craving for Indian comfort food, you make mum's style good ol' thanisar 😍😍
1 cup of dhall.
Murrungai keerai/drumstick leaves - remove leaves from stem, you can also use sweet leaves/sayur manis
2 tomatoes - cut into 4.
2 fresh red chillies - slit in half.
1/2 can of susu cair/ evaporated milk (you can use coconut milk if you prefer)
Salt and a pinch of sugar to taste.
1/2tsp cumin seeds - crushed.
1/2tsp turmeric powder.
Ginger garlic paste.
5-8 dried red chillies - cut into smaller pieces.
1tsp mustard seeds.
1tsp fennel seeds.
1tsp cumin seeds.
4 shallots - finely sliced.
1. Boil water in a pot and add dhall and bring to a boil until it's soft and cooked.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste, red 🌶, tomatoes and crushed cumin seeds.
3. Add evaporated milk/susu cair, turmeric powder, salt and a pinch of sugar. Add a bit of water - depending on the consistency of thanisar you prefer.
4. Add in the murrungai keerai/drumstick leaves and bring to a boil.
5. In another pan, add some oil and sauté the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds followed by shallots and dried red chillies.
6. Add the tempered ingredients into the boiling thanisar and mix evenly. Pair the thanisar with sambal ikan bilis (in the previous post) for a humble yet comforting Indian homestyle meal ❤️❤️ .
Happy trying! 😍
#MalsKitchenRecipes#MalCooks#indianfood#curry#recipe @bbcgoodfood @bbcfood @asianfoodrecipes @yummyeasyrecipes @malaysianflavours @thekitchn
On a icecream truck’s terrace 🍦🌠 The icecream was for my daughter. Although I did had three spoonfuls ‘cause I had to try it 🙈 It tasted better than I thought. It had that creamy texture and they do the icecream right on the spot. Cool place to take your kid ✅ @cosmoicecream
Here's a little delicious breakfast inspiration for you all for Monday morning 🌞😋 Baked Egg and Spinach Stuffed Tomatos 🍅🌱🍳 This simple, slimming, and satisfying breakfast is 0 Freestyle Points, Vegetarian, and Gluten free 🙌 ‼️WW friendly variation Ingredients for 4 Servings‼️
4 tomatoes medium/large size
4 teaspoons almond milk
4 teaspoons baby spinach chopped
4 teaspoons grated cheddar - low fat
4 eggs - size that fit your tomato
To grease the skillet/pan
olive oil spray 🌱For the full recipe pictured in this gorgeous 📷 visit: https://www.sweetashoney.co/egg-stuffed-tomatoes/ 🌱
So much fun hanging out w/ @therealchefgigi of @30secondmom today at our booth in the New Brands On the Shelf pavilion @ the @specialtyfoodassociation #WFFS18 today! Glad you liked our healthy cooking sauces, I’m so honored to introduce them! Watch her FB live interview:
Link in Bio
Our healthy cooking sauces/flavor bases/recipe starters, inspired by vibrant cuisines around the world are:🌱100 #RealFood - 🍋Naturally Gluten Free - 💚Low Sodium - 🍅No Refined Sugar - 🌶Flavor Packed 👩🍳Created by a #Mompreneur Chef that lost 100+ pounds creating a heart-healthy new family legacy. 💜💙Discover more at www.MesadeVida.com!
#januarywhole30 Day 20.
Tonight’s dinner had a little Caribbean flair; Ropa Vieja with Platanos Maduros & Guacamole.
We were inspired to give this a go based on @primal_gourmet’s takeover of the @whole30recipes insta this past week... and it did not disappoint us. The beef was rich and flavourful and tender since the #instantpot is magical, and the plantains were a nice dipper for the stew-like texture.
10/10 would make again. 😋 #whole30#paleo#healthyfood#healthycooking#healthyeating#jerf
It's Sunday, so y'all know what that means....Meal Prep!! This week's meal prep was pretty light, yet filling and flavorful! It also may have involved exploding soup haha. 😂 Check out the blog post for all the details!
New recipe ebook launching on Friday 😬 if you’d like a discount code to purchase your copy, make sure you read this week’s edition of “Weekly Wellness” (you can register for FREE on the website: www.sbfchallenge.com.au)
Prepping for this weeks meals🧜🏼♀️ really trying to get back in the habit of consistency & balance for what I’m eating throughout the workday. These little egg cups have •eggs, egg whites, spinach, kale, roma tomato & mrs. dash• 🥦🍅🍳 Perfect for morning pre-workout & breakfast on the go!
My way of meal prepping is simple. I think I HAVE to keep it focused on one action, or the procrastinator in me takes over and I won't do it (ugh 😕). This is one of my favorites: a crockpot full of flavorful shredded chicken made on Sunday, and ready to use throughout the week. There are a million things you can do with this - how would you use it? Recipe below! .
SHREDDED CROCKPOT CHICKEN
5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 medium sweet onion, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, grated
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) dry white wine (or chicken broth or stock)
1. Place chicken in a crockpot. Add remaining ingredients in order.
2. Cook on low 6 1/2 – 8 hours or until internal temperature of 165º is reached.
3. Remove from crockpot and let cool at least 10 minutes before eating, or completely cool before refrigerating or freezing. (This is an important step! Letting the chicken cool gives it time to redistribute juices and ensures that each bite will be juicy instead of dry).
4. Shred chicken, either in the crockpot or on a cutting board, using two forks. Makes about 10 cups. Use immediately, refrigerate, or freeze.
Servings Per Recipe: 20
Calories 119.6, Total Fat 3.0 g, Saturated Fat 1.1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4, Monounsaturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 48.8 mg, Sodium 127.1 mg, Potassium 24.0 mg, Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g, Dietary Fiber 0.1 g, Sugars 0.0 g, Protein 18.9 g