my allergy man enjoying his monday night pizza @wheatfreebakerydirect @violife_foods
He chose to top his with mushrooms, olives and sweetcorn while I opted for violife blue, caramelised red onions and spinach. Both were delicious!
Tonight's dinner is a very Malaysian comfort food, because my sisters joined us too: fried mee hoon or rice vermicelli (sawi, fried tofu, fried egg, fish cake, garlic and onion) topped with spring onion, nyonya curry chicken with potato, red bean soup with pandan leaves as tong shui, and lastly, pur-erh tea for cleansing.
Tonight's dinner: mushroom/scallions/homegrown basil risotto with loads of cheese and more cheese and scallions as toppings. -
Baked chicken drumsticks. Chicken marinated with homegrown rosemary/garlic powder/salt/pepper and very little olive oil.
Fresh cherry tomato and carrots.
💁🏻: Clean eating continues! 🌱Traded rice out with cauliflower for a less-carbs alternative. Fried it with spinach, tomatoes, and eggs! Seasoned with salt pepper and stirred in some tomato basil sauce 🥄🍅
Thai Turkey Lettuce Cups! A huge hit with the family !! Super-quick to assemble, and the flavors were bright and bold, but apparently still kid-friendly!
A few tips: pick up a 16-oz bag of matchstick cut carrots for just around $2 at @wholefoods. Totally saves time! Also, the fresh mint is a must — balances out the savory and highlights the veggies.👍🏼 Doubling the recipe made enough for our family of 4 to have dinner, as well as the kids to have lunch the next day.
Thanks for the recipe, @cookinglight, and thanks for the beautiful and robust butter lettuce, @picadillyfarm!
SWEET POTATO PIE OATS with toasted walnuts
1) cut a sweet potato in half lengthwise, drizzle with olive oil and roast
2) bring 1 3/4 cup of water to a boil
3) add in 1 cup rolled oats and cook until most of the water is absorbed
4) scoop sweet potato out of the skins and mash
5) combine mashed sweet potato with oats
6) add in brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to your taste. Add in a splash of cream for extra richness if you'd like
7) top with toasted nuts, crunchy granola, baked apples, or anything else you'd like!