The dos and don'ts of climbing one of the most famous mountains in the world...🗻 Mt.Fuji
1. Cover yourself up from top to bottom or you will end up with 3rd degree burns as shown below #idiot
2. Wear appropriate hiking shoes as the ground is mostly made out of volcanic rock
3. Do not underestimate how hard the actual hike is..if you are a couch potato..this is not for you
4. When you think you are near the top, you are not.. The actual hike to the top takes around 7 hours and three hours down so base your journey on the amount of time you hike #misleading
5. Don't do a Jazmyn and attempt to hike it in one day, book to stay on the mountain over night #regrets
The actual hike:
I woke at 5am and caught the bus from Mt Fuji station to the base camp (station five) the ticket costs around 20 AUS return. The buses run from 5:30 am until 9 pm both ways. The actual hike is probably the most intensive thing I have done and it's certainly not for the faint hearted. Towards the top you get altitude sickness and feel the want to stop. At the top you will literally be blown away from the wind and the views. It will take around an hour to walk the crater but it is well worth it.
On the way down you will fall on your ass about 50 times so take your time, rest and take in the views. Overall I rate the hike 10/10, but warn against people with no fitness or sporting background.
Seriously why do I have to have such thick cartilage? A straight earring hurts like hell. A hoop hurts like hell. The only thing in 7 years that has worked, has been the curved barbell for an eyebrow piercing. So what possessed me to think this swirly dodad was gonna work, I dunno. Holy freaking ouch. #piercings#earpiercing#bodypiercing#cartlidgepiercing#pain#idiot