Boomerang Love ❤️ I have 3 more sarees to go for #8sareesinoctober with Sumitra. With all the practical tips Sumitra is providing, I guess I will be able to manage 3 more if I followed them. @noob.yogi @dilzyoga @sakshiguptayoga where are you at??
"And the salt in my wounds isn't burning anymore than it used to. It's not that I don't feel the pain, it's just I'm not afraid of hurting anymore. And the blood in these veins isn't pumping any less than it ever has. And that's the hope I have, the only thing I know that's keeping me alive.
So if I keep my eyes closed, with the blind hope.
It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going. And when it's dark out, no one's around, It keeps glowing." - Paramore
📸 by @neyu_ma
@bestyoga post today! by @j_dubyamt
“You’ll never be able to escape from your heart, so you might as well listen to what it has to say”
Follow @bestyoga for daily yoga inspiration!
Last day for #spiceupyourasana went with this simple but sweet forward fold with a twist for spice! Inspired by @bookofruth_, one of the first igyogis I found on these squares who sparked motivation for me to develop a home practice. ❤️🙏 And for that I am eternally grateful. Hosts, thank you for a fun spicy challenge! It was a pleasure to participate & play! ⠀
We are excited to announce Andrea as an Amate Society staff member. Andrea will be teaching Yoga Basics regularly on Thursday evening from 4:45-5:45! Try out her class on Saturday, November 11th from 12:45-1:45 and stay after to enjoy the vendors and other excitement at our open house from 2-4pm. :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Andrea began her journey in yoga through a knee injury and a camera. She started doing yoga photography as a way to heal and soon found herself immersed in not only the asana practices but the history, philosophy, and spirituality of yoga. Her first 200 teacher training was done in Costa Rica with Jennifer Yarro, she then completed an Ayurvedic Restorative teacher training with Rachel May, and recently completed a mentorship and second 200 hour teacher training in Ohio with one of her current mentors and teachers, Alexandria Crow. Ironically, her favorite form of self-care has become travel because it allows her to grow richer in experience and find new ways to rejuvenate the spirit and grow in her own practice and teaching abilities. Andrea’s classes have a strong philosophical focus as she guides her students through mindful sequences to aide in self-discovery and acceptance. Her concentration is on each student’s unique biomechanical structure and functional movement abilities so that they can safely keep not just an asana practice that is natural to them, but a true practice that encompasses all aspects of yoga. She is very excited to help others discover their own yogic journeys in an encouraging environment.
The dawn of a new era is upon us. Every day more & more yogis are being turned. Textbook asanas are being warped into mangled piles of contorted body parts.
#ZombieVsYogi is a Halloween challenge where you have the choice of doing the text book yogi variation, or your own mangled-tangled zombie variation. ☠️
💀 October 21-31 💀
Lineup for this creepy crawly challenge
1️⃣ Lizard Pose
2️⃣ Wheel pose
3️⃣ Forward Fold
4️⃣ Pigeon Pose
6️⃣ Archer Pose
7️⃣ Eight Angle Pose
8️⃣ Locust or Chin Stand
9️⃣ Fallen Angel
🔟 Super Soldier
One of my favorite things when traveling is visiting studios around the world. @zenergyyoga_dundalk has put her heart and soul into her studio in Blackrock. It was a treat to play and practice in this space while looking out to the sea🌊
• HOW DO WE CREATE A SUSTAINABLE PRACTICE? • I have never been a morning person, despite the fact that about 2 years ago I started practicing ashtanga yoga ‘mysore style’. I found that the key was to roll out of bed and just get to class without thinking too much… one foot after the other. Then once I was there, with other yogis, I just got into the sequence until mind and body eventually woke up. But nowadays I have to practice at home a few days a week, and it’s much harder. Because there is always the temptation to stay or to go back to bed (I’ve done this even after 40 min of practice, when I was already in the seated sequence). Practicing without a teacher is hard too… Oh well. I want with all my heart to go back to my 6-day a week full practice, but one thing I have realised is you can’t continually steal hours from the day. There is no amount of caffeine that will sustain you in the long run. Possibly one of the hardest things of Ashtanga yoga is not to wake up early, but to go to bed on time the night before. And that time can be pretty early for some. So I’m still there, that is my struggle at the moment: not to do any pose in particular, but to find balance and get 8 full hours of sleep each night. Or at least 7…
Let me share some small changes I’ve made that are already helping: I’ve started putting my smartphone on flight mode after dinner and then leave it to charge outside the bedroom… then I try not to look at it until I’ve finished my meditation and asana practice in the morning. I’ve cut down on caffeine and I’ve replaced my morning barista coffee with a turmeric latte we make at home. Oh, and I’ve also reduced the number of dynamic classes -aside from my practice- that I go to during the week.
Every little helps. 🙏
“The goal of a machine is to minimise downtime, but human beings are not machines. The need for eight hours’ sleep is evolutionary, it’s not negotiable. If we ignore that need, we pay a huge price in every aspect of our health and cognitive performance.” ~ Arianna Huffington
Oh snap my 30th Birthday 🎂 is sneaking up on me and my yogi babe Michelle is celebrating Scorpio style as well!!!
Please join @yogiintraining.ww and I [@amy_the_asanamama] and I on November 12th - November 25th as we celebrate our BIRTHDAYS 🎂
Both Michelle and I have a burning passion for yoga and the #igyogafam that we thought there was no better way to celebrate than with the amazing #yogisofig 🕉
Join us for #TurnUpYogaStyle from 11/12-11/26 as we share some of our favorite asana with you. As always be careful, honor YOUR body, stretch first and have fun meeting great yogis from the #yogacommunity 🎁 Hosts
@yogiintraining.ww 🎉 Sponsors
🎈 To be eligible to win prizes from these wonderful sponsors at the end of the challenge, please adhere to these rules:
1. Follow ALL hosts & sponsors
2. Repost this banner & tag your yogi friends to help spread the word, the more the merrier
3. Post a new picture or video every day for the entire challenge
4. Tag ALL hosts & sponsors and use our hashtag: #TurnUpYogaStyle in ALL posts as well as #RE3#RE3life hashtags
5. Please make sure that your account is public so we can see all your great photos.
6. Have fun, be creative and make amazing yogi friends along the way
When what you once thought was impossible starts to become possible ✨ thanks for the encouragement and support @mandibriggs @cecilygreussing @_tiffanie_lynn_ 😘 wearing my fav @ripple_yogawear yoga romper
#Repost @stardivakhushi (@get_repost)
✨New Challenge alert ✨ STARTS TOMORROW!
🙏| #AlteringAsanas |
From October 17th -26th.
We are going to get creative and modify the asanas in the easy and doable ways. So Altering asanas means that you try to change your asana by using any tools like books, stairs, blocks, straps, dupattas, pillows, walls, sofas or any other props that suits perfectly in your practice. Using tools can make a huge difference and change your asanas, this is how we learn by modifying asanas accordingly our yoga journey. Feel free to share your way or choose to try the ones we suggest each day.
How to enter:
1) Follow all hosts:
2) Follow all our generous Sponsors:
3) Repost this flyer and tag 3 friends to spread the news so they can join us.
4) Post a NEW picture everyday using the hashtag #alteringasanas and tag all hosts and sponsors in your posts.
5) Make sure your profile is public so we can see your lovely posts.
For those of you who like to plan ahead, here's our asanas line up of your choice of respective asanas from the list below:
1) Hamstring Stretch
2) Bound Pose
3) Heart Opener
4) Standing Pose
5) Sitting Pose
6) Arm Balance
7) One Legged Balance
8) Forward Fold
9) Core Pose
10) Inversion #yoga#yogachallenge#igyogachallenge#igyoga#igyogacommunity#art#women#yogalove#yogalife#yogajourney#yogagirl#popsters#fitness#fitfam#healthylifestyle#om#namaste#meditation#beginneryoga#beginners#workout#exercise#piitstagram#womenempowerment#selflove#incredibleindia#igyogafam
Jumping in on #10essentialposes ❤ I've tagged some friends who may want to join in too.
Last week's #healthyhuman giveaway winner is @laiayoga - congrats love & welcome to #Tampa :)! DM me with which stein/cruiser you'd like along with your shipping info & we'll get that out to you ASAP!
. 📸 @adriarebbecchiphotography
I’m just gonna take this time to remind myself that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be. I forget it all the time. All. The. Time. I doubt it all the time. I have some problem and I think about how much that problem sucks. I have several today. But then I remember that I’m where I’m supposed to be right now. Where I need to be. Those problems that feel so shitty, well they aren’t actually problems at all. They are there for a reason. I need them to be there. I’m growing right now and I have no idea where I’m going but I wouldn’t get there if I wasn’t where I am right now. So this is me reminding myself that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be. I’ve told myself so many times but I forgot again and need to hear it. So this is me doing that. And maybe it can remind someone else out there who needs it too. 🙏
Photo by @alexshethyoga
Please follow me: @yogaloverzx
Today is the day. Gonna spend my afternoon on trains to go see my mom and sister ☺️ until then i have alot of packing and preparing to do
I’ll probably post my adventures on ig stories if you wanna tag along
👥 ⤵ Double tap & tag your friend Love it 😉💖 Would you like to wear T-Shirts or Mugs, Legging? Grab yours by clicking the link in my profile Bio 💗 *
Please follow us:-@yoga_for_life_c
INTENTION. Change the momentum of your life experience. Every morning begin your day I intend to see. I want to see. I expect to see. No matter who I am working with. No matter who I am talking with. No matter Where I am. No matter what I am doing
🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 RETREAT in Mykonos, Greece this June 11-17 @somapnevmaretreats 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 👥 ⤵ Double tap & tag your friend Love it 😉💖 Would you like to wear T-Shirts or Mugs, Legging? Grab yours by clicking the link in my profile Bio 💗 *
Please follow us:-@yoga__for__life