I swear this house was cursed. 1day after we completed this floor the first time, a radiant base heat tube froze, ( we did not leave a window open) flooding about 100 gallons of water over our floor. After tearout and thorough dry time, 1 month, we completed the job with a very satisfied customer. It's all about how you deal with the nightmare jobs that sets a guy apart. Happy New Year!
Haven't posted in a while about #elucidator but there's been some work done in the past week or so. I drew out and cut the hilt details and this was probably the most annoying cutting process because finding the wood size, which is 1/8 inch MDF, proved to be the most frustrating things ever as almost no places in #spokane had this piece of plywood in stock. Ordering it online would yield at least a 20 dollar shipping fee so I had to find it or else pay a lot online. Thankfully #intermountainwoodproducts had it in stock... In a huge size. I forgot what the actual size was but I had to break it down 5 times to fit it in my car, and I was fine with breaking it because I only need like.... 6 inches by 6 inches of it... But anyway I drew the patterns and cut it out and actually had to cut out one part of it four times because I kept breaking either the smallest tip off, or I would break the whole thing because it's such a thing piece of wood. I sanded it using 60, 80, 150, and 200 grit which got it really smooth then I glued them together... Then I realized I actually glued the four pieces the same exact way... Another issue. I should have one final piece with the hilt pointing right, and another pointing left to be glued on each side but I messed up and made a double... So I had to cut out more and sand it and glue it haha. Maybe it was a good thing I had so much wood then. Anyway now that the hilt pieces are done, what's next is to add the epoxy clay! #wood#woodensword#sword#sao#swordartonline#kirito#nerd#anime