It is such a dream to bring Baby Hazel to Kauai. I have honestly never seen her happier. She loves staring at the trees and the sky and has a look of complete wonderment on her face. She is definitely our baby 💛
Entry 4: #ComeWithMe on a raft to see the NaPali coast, and walk through Nu’alolo Kai, an ancient Hawaiian village. Didn't get to snorkel due to murky waters. Safety first! A big mahalo to our guide(s) and captain!
1. Our 24 ft cruise ship lol, a "Rigid Hull Inflatable Raft" as used by Navy Seals. Bonus! As well as the awesome captain.
2. (Video) An epic ride but heed their medical condition warnings. This tour left me more sore than kayaking!
3. (Video) Spinner dolphins!
4. Sea cave with water source for seafarers.
5. Walking on paths around Nu’alolo Kai, an ancient Hawaiian village surrounded by the cliffs of NaPali. Full of stories and culture.
6. (Video) Our guide blowing a conch to demonstrate how the sounds could echo off the cliffs to reach those on canoes off the coast watching a ceremony at the village.
7-9. NaPali coast. The guide said we had really good weather this day and the slight stormy sky created beautifully majestic photo ops. #nofilter
10. A very sacred place. Also a burial place for kings, queens, and the servants who were dropped to their death after burying the royalty so no one could find them.
“For awhile I had no idea what’d I’d write about in this lovely journal. To be honest, I still don’t have a clue. But, I am sitting in a shopping plaza in Fresno, California at nearly 5am. Trying to feel something. I’ve been on the road for two weeks and in only two days I’ll be eighteen. I thought I’d feel more alive out here. Like every moment was intentional, to help me grow & be wonderful. To be who I’m supposed to be, & maybe that is the case. Who knows. What I do know is that this earth is so beautiful, the organisms on this planet are so beautiful. & for some insane reason I’m apart of it. I want to do beautiful things while I’m here. I’ve never been more uncertain of which path to follow, but I know I’ll make it there. Where I’m supposed to be.
P.S. I really fucking miss my cat!” - (07/08/17) my very first excerpt in an old fashioned journal I purchased to document all of the breathtaking moments I never want to forget. The last few days I’ve felt very unsure about my path. I had an overwhelming pull to my journal this morning, & when I opened to the first page & read my entry for the very first time since I wrote it, & I felt at peace. I was pulled back to this vital place on the road. Building homes in unfamiliar places. My thoughts verified that my fears are indeed just fears & I will transcend beyond my limitations. By working towards my dreams each day. aligning my passions with my actions. & that’s why a few days prior I intuitively purchased a one way ticket to Kauai island. I was standing on my back porch, looking as far as I could into the distance. There was lush trees for miles with dispersed houses throughout. I had a moment where my soul took over my body, I wanted to run as far as my eye could see. I immediately felt restricted within my environment. a concrete jungle living from detached norms we’ve created within our society. We are divine energy continuously manifesting magic. We are meant to live on purpose with purpose. At that moment I knew Kauai would be my next adventure. I ached for the islands solitude, to release my childlike tendencies. & allow them to operate my being. I craved the salt water oceans that repeatedly appeared