Been a busy 🐝 meal prepping!
While I do have time to cook during the week, I am human. I fall short sometimes, wanna be lazy and don't always want to cook. I like that when I prep I have healthier options readily available for at least a couple of days. It's not that I make bad decisions when I don't meal prep, but I definitely feel like I have more control over what I eat when I do!
• turkey taco meat for lettuce tacos/taco salad
• chicken fried cauli rice
• half rotisserie chicken shredded for salads, Joseph's pitas, pizzas etc.
• bacon for BLTA's (won't last long 🐷)
• homemade meatballs 👉🏼 turned meatball casserole
• fresh romaine salad
The only thing I haven't prepped is the spaghetti squash I plan to cook for dinner tonight to serve meatball casserole over!
My plan for week 3 of my 4 week challenge is to do religious fasting atleast x3 this week. Some people have asked me why i get up so early to eat wen i could easily fast thru the night till the next day. The latter type of fasting i do practice and its called a 16:8 fast, but here is why i PREFER to do religious fasting (from before dawn to dusk). 1) I feel different - spiritually i feel more in tune with my Maker wen im practicing religious fasting and this is personal.
2) I feel more committed to my fast - i am more likely to stick it out than if im doing a liquid fast.
3) I gain the thawaab (religious reward) while doing it.
4) It is a sunnah (practice advised by the prophet Muhammad peace b upon him) to eat before commencing the fast, as to gain strength for the day. So i get up and eat because again, i gain the thawaab and i also have the opportunity to take my supplements and hydrate.
5) Religious fasting gives me a sense of accomplishment. I find the more days i do it the better i feel - my lecturing schedule does affect how often i do it since i find it hard to fast wen i have many classes. Speaking with a dry throat can b challenging.
I am a believer in prepping for success. I am not perfect at it and sometimes i do fall into traps cos of ill planning but mostly i do prep and plan ahead. My suhoor (dawn) meal is cooked and ready for tomorrow morning. I will have a double burger with avo on a fried keto english muffin.
Here's to a good week 3 👍
For this recipe and more LC meal ideas and recipes go to: https://www.facebook.com/Lowcarbwithcaashifa/
Here we go, friends.
Don’t say I didn’t warn ya...
Today is the LAST day to save 22% on ketones. Sale ends at Midnight CST. •••
To keep it short, simple and to the point, therapeutic ketones have given me:
⚡️Fast and Sustained energy
⚡️Better skin ⚡️Bloat elimination ⚡️Muscle preservation
⚡️Better sleep ⚡️Massive Fat Loss
⚡️Better focus ⚡️Better Mood
👆🏻Literally every single one of those and more. •••
This is a why I am so passionate about the ketone movement. It is changing MY life and I want to share that love with everyone I know. So, when you have the chance to try it for 22% LESS. It makes me really happy. •••
MORE ketones for LESS money is always a WIN. •••
👉🏼Did you get yours yet? •••
👇🏼I’ll post the link for purchase below. Please reach out with any questions!
So, in attempting to gain some routine in my life, I'm picking designated days to do different things... For example, Sundays are now designated for #MealPrep . ( Thursdays jus started throwing me off & as a result my meal prep was few & far btwn)
Hopefully this will allow me to hve a productive AND easygoing week instead of OVERWHELMING, chaotic, stress filled days... I'll get more done as I pace myself than feel bombarded by ALL THE THINGS & achieve nothin'.
Let's get into this #MealPrepSunday shall we?
The menu line up this week will be;
- TACO MEAT For salads, omelettes, scrambles or pizza toppings...
- MOJO CHIPOTLE CHKN For an Alfredo over veggies or caulimash. Left over chkn shreds are also great for sandwiches & snacking.
- TUNA SALAD (Pretty self explanatory) but, I'm thinking of Tuna melts & Tuna BLT's. Plus @ketocarbsnob has been posting this avocado tuna & egg salad situation tht I'm sooo HERE for... So I'm definitely doing tht too... Thanx for the #MealPrepInspiration Girl! 😉
- STEAK ( two ways ) I bought some thick bone in well marbled steaks to pan sear than finish in the oven. I also hve some thinner leaner cut steaks for stove top fajitas.
- PRE COOKED
MEATBALL PREP I like to buy these for meal prep short cuts. They're fully cooked, well seasoned & hve great texture. Only Con is tht they do hve carbs in them ( not a ton like 4-5 net but, jus sayin)... My homemade ones would too tho so I call it a 'even Stevens' for the sake of convenience. These are great for dicing up & adding to veggies, garnishing bone broth & they make INSANE sliders on low carb buns. Plus I get these on crazy sales in addition to using manufacturer coupons.
🔹I never wash my lettuce before I'm ready to use it. I find it goes bad faster tht way... ( Unwashed romaine lasts a Lil over 2 weeks in my crisper drawer. ) We go thru a pack of 3 heads in less than a wk... So I prep these packages weekly. ( If you all would like to see how I wash & store my veggies lemme kno)
⭐All of the meat leftovers can easily be remixed & or stretched to make other yummy meals throughout the week... #CreativityOnFleek
Also, All proteins are defrosted & marinated b4 hand.
First week of commitment to Keto 100% and I am down 10.4 lbs! Super excited with that number!
*^* Now let me say that WHENEVER I start something new, I always have a big loss at first- likely inflammation/water weight- (same goes for a weekend of eating like crap- those 10 lbs can come back OVERNIGHT!) ...So it's almost like I have to get past the +/- 10pound threshold and stick to it- so although that sounds like a big number... it's not really! 🙄💫💕 .
This upcoming week is my birthday, so we knew going into it that we wanted to jumpstart the diet, knowing that the birthday week would have some extras rather than wait 2 weeks (post birthday) to start! ... so he is down 10# too, so that makes 20pounds less starting out on our keto journey! ... and let me say- I've started and stopped, started and stopped keto for over a year now- when I started this page, and committed to some awesome friends online, including @_keto_fitventure_ this would be the start with NO going back! So every week will have a weigh in, including birthdays and holidays (yikes!) but no going back again! 💕🦄💫💕🦄💫💕🦄💫
Hot Caramel Cranberry Apple Cider ~ I looove hot cider in the fall and I miss it. I whipped this up but I might try to add some fat to it and make it WORK.
8 oz Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry Juice •
1 tsp Trop 50 Orange Juice •
2 drops Apple Extract (might try green Apple next time to give it an acidic punch) •
1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice •
1/4 tsp cinnamon •
2 squirts caramel flavored stevia •
Stir with a cinnamon stick
It isn't totally keto as it has a teensy bit of orange juice to help with the classic mulled flavor but it's good and it hits the spot. You could also just throw an orange rind in and pull it out. This is 1 serving and the macros are in a pic. You could really naughty this up with cinnamon whisky or with sugar free caramel sauce. I was just craving something quick and easy.
Thank you @choczero for the amazing prize pack! So excited to dig in to all of these. Everything from milk chocolate to super dark. My boyfriend and I will be enjoying these when we road trip from Colorado to Texas next weekend! #nourishmygut#choczero