This is Freddie. Freddie is a Buddha Dog. Freddie stays in ketosis 363 days a year (he gets out on his birthday 🎂 and his mother’s birthday 🎁 Freddie ONLY eats organic avocados. Freddie is indeed a ‘savage’ #FreddieTheBuddhaDog
Low carb diet VS Ketogenic diet
Are they the same thing?
Keto is low carb, but low carb doesn’t always mean keto. Let’s say low carb is a group and keto is just one of the members of this group. A very unique member. All low carb diets will/should help you loose weight. Keto will give you more than that💙So much more💪
Low carb diet: means eating less carbs in general. Types of low carb diets: Paleo, Atkins, Slow carb, Ketogenic etc.
Keto diet - main differences:
* Ketosis is a metabolic state that forces your body to switch your energy source from sugar/carbs (glucose) to fat (ketones). * Requires you to eat very limited amount of carbs (~20-50 net grams), moderate amount of protein (~1-2 g per 1 kg of your body mass) and quality fat for satiety and as the energy source - quite a lot comparing to what we’re used to.
* Strict in terms of counting your macros - and very individual per person. You just need to listen to your body and observe.
* It takes time for your body to adapt and turn into a fat burning machine
* If you break your diet / exceed the intake of carbs or protein you body will immediately switch back to burning glucose. Glucose cannot be stored in our blood and the storage in the liver and the muscles is limited. Insulin takes control over our body to help with the glucose storage. It usually takes few days for your body to switch back into producing ketones again. The better you’re adapted the faster the switch.
* It's all about keeping your insulin level LOW
* You stop feeling hungry on keto and never bonk! REALLY.
So here’s the truth. We cannot do keto MWF. We can do low carb MWF though and loose weight. We cannot experience the benefits of ketosis 3 days after starting but we can experience low carb. Our body needs time to switch and adapt to producing ketones.
Loosing fat on a ketogenic diet is easier because our body always needs energy - for us to breathe, for our brain to function, for us to stay alive, no matter how active we are. The energy source (fat) is unlimited! We will explain it some other time.
If you wanna give it a try, please give us a shout. We want to support you. It is soo worth it💙Qs?
The first pic is his dinner (because there's non-Keto linguine in it 😆) and second pic is my dinner.. We had cioppino tonight for dinner! SO yum 🍴 3 carbs, 8 get fat, 12 protein. So I'll need to eat some butter or something ha! (Prob add some heavy cream to my hot tea) My kids are planning to take the shells to school and tell the teacher all about how mom dug for them all day 😂😂😂 I kept telling them it's called "thank you, Costco" but they refuse to listen!
Cioppino is a fish stew originating from San Francisco. It is considered an Italian-American dish, and is related to various regional fish soups and stews of Italian cuisine. My first date with my husband was in SF and we ate #cioppino so it brings back fun memories 😊❤️ #ketosoup#ketoItalian#fishstew