To celebrate India's 70th Independence Day, we decided to try the Unlimited Tasting Menu at Chor Bazaar in Mövenpick Ibn Batuta Gate. I have always been a fan of tricolored dishes, and in honor of the Indian Independence Day, the restaurant had prepped up all their dishes with this theme.
Here's a round up of what we tried:
- Tiranga Lassi - a little too thick for my liking, but I guess that's essential to maintain layers
- Chicken Badami shorba - quite flavorful, but I prefer creamy over clear soups. If you like clear, this might be right for you
- Starters - Fuchka, Samosa, Veg Shammi Kebab & Chicken Kati Roll with Moong Salad. This was my favorite from the entire meal, especially the samosa. Fuchka could have been a bit spicier, but the kebab and chicken kati roll were done well
- Tandoor - Tricolored kebabs: Hariyali Kebab, Murg Malai Kebab & Murg Lal Tikka. I loved the little flag dip on the plate, but the kebabs were disappointing. They looked right in sync with the theme of the evening, but lacked flavor and creaminess. The meat was well cooked, but could have been marinated for longer, allowing the juices to seep in completely
- Appetizers - Paneer tikka, which unfortunately again lacked in spices. It tasted quite bland, like plain cottage cheese. Malai Salmon brought a juicy and well done break with meat that effortlessly fell off the piece. The Lamb Chop was well done inside and out with a crispy juicy coating and tender meat inside
- Mains - Murg Malabar & Subzi Bilayati, served with cheese garlic naan and plain rice. Both curries were great, but I'll be a little biased to the veg gravy, for its creamy consistency and cashew content
- Dessert - Tricolored barfi & motichur laddoo, both fared quite well
The Unlimited Tasting Menu is valid every evening from 7 pm
Have you tried Chor Bazaar yet? What is your take on it? Tell me in the comments
घास खाए गैया, दूध पीवे ग्वाल।
माखन खावे मेरो मदन गोपाल॥
Oh God..!! Laddoo Gopal..My words aren't enough to explain how adorable you're.!! Gopiyon ki toh vaatt lagne wali hai boss..♥️♥️ #Hayaan#Laddoo#Krishna#Janmashtami
GIFT A LOVED ONE HAPPINESS IN A BOX!
No matter what the occasion, impeccable sweet treats, elegantly packaged in prepossessing boxes will never go out of style. Gifting someone a box of Kamat Shireen is truly an extraordinary offering!