#saltysoulvibe : There are still trash piles outside of everyone's homes, and our parks are somewhere under mountains of tree limbs and rubble. People are still homeless in the lower Keys, without food or water or electricity. But we have all the power we need.
Honestly, which would you rather? Each moment we are all choosing no exceptions. If someone told you, while driving to turn left and you decide to turn right instead, what does this tell you? That you’re the one in control. It’s the same thing with each of our lives no one can run our thoughts and emotions even if I invite you to not worry, it’s still up to you to be confident instead. I’m simply the messenger you are the driver. 🌸 Today be that confident driver the one you know yourself to be 🌸
I started a new gig this week.
Here's a list of things I've discovered:
1. Bandatories, like Manadatories (items that must be included) but items that are banned from being written or expressed. 😂
2. A single Massachusetts elderly folk needs 40K annually to survive. 61% live below that. 10% make 150k annually (you're welcome). Food banks offer a huge benefit for those struggling to pay for BASIC utilities let alone food. Basically, I'm now a walking resource book for cost of living information.
3. I adore using the Metro (@kritzau Nate and I road the same train today!) 4. I have a lot to learn in navigating a PC and basic office technology applications (hello there outlook, it's been 15 years). I caught myself laughing, while looking for the "print" button to click, thinking to myself Soo THIS is how it feels to be old. 😂
5. I caught myself crying multiple times today as I read interviews combing for viable narratives to share. Even in struggle, I am so so privileged. I knew this, but sheesh, today it felt much much closer.
6. Sitting at a desk, focused on one project at a time (opposed to normal life, hustling laundry, dishes and healthy meals along side homework, sports and my other three gigs), feels like a beautiful vacation, even with time crunches.
7. Hot tea & earphones make 2:30-4:30p better.
8. While I can get from Home to office in 18 minutes, it consistently takes me +/- 45 minutes office to Kid pick up. I still LOVE the Metro.
9. There are an average of 3 office/marketing lingo words per sentence I don't understand. My coworkers are kind and typically inform me of their meanings.
10. I LOVE working outside the home and am incredibly grateful to be playing a supportive roll in some big work.
Want to hear a secret??? 👂
I don't love exercising! 🙊 I barely like it. 😕
I don't love getting up at 5AM.
I don't love being out of breath.
I don't love sweating.
I don't love cardio.
If I loved all those things, I wouldn't make excuses to avoid them. 🤔 Think about it. .
➡ You push past every excuse to do the things you love.
➡But for things you don't love, the excuses are easy to grab onto. .
🛇 Oh, I'm tired. 🚫 I don't feel well. 🛇 I don't have time. 🚫 Something's more important. 🛇 I can't afford it.
Well, I'm just as guilty as you. Yesterday, I used a couple of these excuses to skip my workout. And when I woke up this morning at 5AM? The excuses crept back up.
But guess what? I thought about what I do love . . . RESULTS. Feeling good. Fitting in my clothes. Being healthy. .
So I got out of bed. 👌
And I DID something I don't love so that I could GET something I do love. 😍💪
What is the super exciting reason that makes you want to make money?⠀
I want to know. Comment below. ⠀
P.S. This is the energy that creates!⠀
Oh, yeah, I also just finished filming my 3 Part Training -- Money Mindset:Transforming Your Relationship With Money series. Don't miss out! Go get it! Sign up. Link in bio! ⠀
Soaked in the mineral waters of Blue Lagoon today before heading out on the road. Stopped at Seljalandsfoss waterfall before we ventured up steep sea cliffs to view the almost 400 ft arch of Dyrhólaey, and got perhaps a little too up close and personal with the waves crashing near the lava columns at Reynisfjara Beach. •
Almost lost Jared out to sea (kidding, although he did get drop-kicked to his back by a huge rogue wave) and almost lost our rental car doors to the 60+mph wind gusts, all on about 2 hours of sleep. 😅 Iceland is wild!
My passion is on 🔥fire today! I used to think 9-5 was life or working for someone else is how life is supposed to be. Even back then I knew I wasn’t destined to sit behind a desk. I hated asking my boss for time off. I hated getting the same paycheck but working more hours, and I hated the fact that I wasn’t doing something I was passionate about.
We are programmed to believe you go to school, you get a degree, and try to find the first job that will accept you. It’s so not how life should be lived! 🙇🏻♀️ What happened to that person inside you who wanted to travel the world? The voice who says, “go outside and play today”. The voice that tells you, “you are worth so much more!”
Stop shutting that voice down and start working on yourself! You have one life to live to the fullest! Stop missing those moments and stop thinking there will be a perfect time. YOU make the perfect time and it’s here now.
I want to help you get there. I want to help you cross off those goals and I want to help you realize that you’re worth more! ✨ Are you ready for that?
#tbt two iconic running brands got their start slinging shoes out of van. First photo is a picture of Sally and Elizabeth our brand founders in their repurposed US Postal van that they used to bring shoes to cross country and other events.
The other brand is @nike. I had the pleasure of going for a walking meeting with Scott Gravatt, @nikerunning Speciality Sales Director talking about the business and sport of running and how our brands can work together on continuing to grow the next generation of runners. Swipe 👈to see a photo of us in front of a local icon.
I have never once done a Friday introduction... and I'm not about to start now. Which is why I'm introducing myself on Thursday. I like to be ahead of the game! 😜 Despite being around professional photographers all the time... my pics tend to turn out like ⬆️ at no fault of the photographer! My husband told me I should "practice" my faces in a mirror before they are committed to social media... ain't nobody got time for that! 😘
Quick facts about me... I love exclamation points, I just had a baby (6 months ago), the only wine is boxed wine, my vocabulary leans towards the colorful, and if my entire wardrobe was made up of athleisure-wear I'd be happy.
The purpose behind this introduction... now that we are on the downswing of our busy season we are getting back on the blog train. Head over to the blog (link in profile) to learn more about what makes us who we are and our approach to wedding planning!
📷: @brittneyraine - thanks for capturing me in my natural state!