Reading materials for #2018 .
Last year was focused to get settled into my (new) career - got a bit comfortable to be honest. 2018 will be a time to grow and become better - at everything.
From top to bottom.
1) Outwitting the Devil - written by arguably one of the greatest authors regarding success. Highly recommended by @drnavazhabib.
2) Extreme Ownership - I am naturally drawn to leadership books written by people who fought at the front lines. And nobody knows Leadership more than the SEALS.
3) Maximum Strength - working with a bunch of really strong people, I feel motivated to up my strength game. Written by one of the best strength coaches in the business.
4) 48 Laws of Power - If you haven't heard of this book then what are you doing with your life? kidding - tbh I have had this book for a while, but was never motivated enough to read through it. A must read if you look to position yourself as someone of great authority in your industry.
5) Tool of Titans - Read the 4 Hour Work Week and it has really inspired me to pursue a very lofty goal, one which I cannot mention at this time. Great reviews on this book. Looking to see what other wisdom Tim can share.
6) Anatomy Trains - Thomas Myers is considered to be the grandfather of fascia. Fascial Stretch Therapy is based off of this book. What better way to learn than going right to the source.
7) Clinical Massage Therapy - a textbook from my school. Considered to be 'the bible' for RMTs. By the time I graduated with Honours and Valedictorian of my class, this book was still sealed in its plastic wrapper. lol how was that possible? science vs magic I guess.
These 7 books + 3 CEU courses for 2018 should make for pretty interesting Instagram posts!
Time to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. #letsgetit
N O N T O X I C
N O U R I S H I N G
B E A U T I F U L
what we use on the outside should match who we are on the inside
let us banish your winter skin blues
we can cure whatever ails you
from the inside out
HAPPY JANUARY SALE
@salveadore eczema treatment 2/$30 reg. $20!
soap by @getnakedsoaps
4/$20 reg $6!
bath bombs by @fitorganix buy 3 get 1 FREE
and complete bodycare by @unshellednaturals
15% off all stock
HURRY IN while supplies last!
B E I N T E N T I O N A L
What are your intentions? ✨
Are you distracting yourself with the quest for
a perfect body
a perfect house
a perfect spouse
but - you're more that that
and you're greater than that
So, respect your body with exercise and good food. . .
Be comfortable in the physical dwelling you have. .
Spend time with someone you love - especially yourself. .
And look deeper. .
See more. .
You have a greater purpose and a shiny, bright force within you. . . .
Use this life to leave the world a better place - with acts big or small. .
The purpose isn't just carried by some of us. .
It's within us all. 🙏🏻
Case Study: Client came in requesting to improve hip mobility. A Modified Thomas Test (MTT) revealed a dysfuntion in the hip flexors. Client reports feeling 'more tight' on the left side.
✔ Hydrocollator heat packs applied on proximal attachments of quad group.
✔ Fascial gliding (dry)
✔ Deep kneading, stripping and TPT
✔ Reciprocal inhibition stretch quad/glute (off the table) x3
✔ Soft tissue release of iliacus (active)
✔ Reciprocal inhibition stretch iliopsoas/glute (off the table) x5
Treatment time per leg: 25 minutes
There’s more than one way of getting that protein in on our diets, besides from just 🐠🐓🐄🐖. While meat sources of protein can be highly absorbable, you don’t need meat at every meal or even everyday to hit your requirements. Struggling to find Meatless protein sources? Start with some of these options! #meatlessproteinsources
D I V E R S I T Y
MOROCCAN TURKEY OR VEGAN TAJINE
rich + flavourful
the beauty of over 20 spices
African, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern influences
with a Canadian spin
your LUNCH on delivery
available for PICK UP at 732 Browns Line
Award winning meal delivery service at your doorstep, DAILY
order at www.fitorganix.com
talk to us 647.478.7875