THINGS TO DO IN LA TODAY OCTOBER 17, 2017📆
1. [1 p.m.] Classic Horror Tuesday Matinees at LACMA will screen Mummy (1932) this Tuesday.
2. [7 p.m] The “Concrete” in Poetry and Art, a conversation at The Getty. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Mr. C Beverly Hills extends their popular Poolside Cinema series into fall every Tuesday evening, from October 10 through November 21. Visit the gorgeous yacht-inspired pool deck where you’ll ensconce yourself in a lounge chair for a film and elevated bites under the stars. The series continues with a screening of The Princess Bride.
4. [7 p.m.] The Moth Storytelling Competition at Los Globos. Tonight’s theme is Discovery. Competitors will prepare a five-minute stories about unearthing truth.
5. [8 p.m.] The folks at Rooftop Cinema Club host two screenings at their rooftop locations. The Notebook at LEVEL in Downtown Los Angeles and The Shining at Montalban in Hollywood.
6. [8 p.m.] Runnin Down A Dream – A Tribute To Tom Petty at The Regent.
7. [8 p.m.] The Hollywood Roosevelt is hosting an “Endless Summer” Movie + Swim series every Tuesday night in October. Catch throwback films as you lounge by the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool and enjoy a curated menu of food and drink offerings unique to each movie, this week it’s Labyrinth. All you need to do is rsvp to get in.
8. [8 p.m.] Stranger Things: The Musical Tribute at El Cid. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8:30 p.m.] Harvelle’s Underground Comedy and Burlesque in Long Beach. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Free admission days: Los Angeles County Arboretum (note: the tram doesn’t run on this day), South Coast Botanic Garden and Descanso Gardens📰@welikela
This photo makes me think that sometimes the road we choose in life is the hardest and longest one but it is what we need to mature and learn. We'll get there eventually, hopefully a bit more wise and humble. We each have our own path 💫