In this episode, I discuss dealing with conflict in your business and how to resolve it in order to pave the way for success. #ElevateWithAdam 101 is now up! Link in bio.
Make a Graceful Exit from Conference Small Talk *
Making small talk with a roomful of strangers isn’t for the faint of heart. So it’s understandable when someone clings to the first person they see at a conference. But what if you’re the person they cling to? Here’s how to get away without hurting their feelings: *
Introduce them to someone else. If the person has something in common with a colleague of yours, make a friendly introduction, highlight their common interest, and then move on. *
Ask who else you should meet.Steer the conversation toward who the person has already met. If they mention someone interesting, ask if they will make an introduction for you. *
Level with them. Say: “It’s been fantastic hearing about your new project, but I should keep moving. One of my goals for the conference is to get better at networking. Great to meet you!” Telling them why you’re moving on will soften the blow.
Song: St. Thomas by Sonny Rollins
10 years on... The @gordongram scholar. One of the proudest days of my career, that opened many doors... most notably, the blue doors of @_tfl_
Thoughts on this concept? 🤔🤔 @jasonmarkk will make your sneakers look brand new again! 👟 #squeakyclean repost via @thisisinsider
A quick snippet from my final #vlog of the year at Atlanta Startup Village inside @atltechvillage. These #Tech students from @georgiagwinnett were bold, hilarious, and they’re looking for jobs! #HelpWanted
Give a girl a journal and a chance to be who they are! "Whatever girls are experiencing, whatever it is they are thinking, feeling, wondering, imagining, whether they are happy, sad, hopeful, angry, worried or excited, whatever it is, whomever they are, there is room for it all in their journal. 💞📖 #thejoycollective#giveagirlajournal#mentorship#journaling#creativeexpression We love you, @starshyne ! 🌟
Have a balanced mind when you trade the financial markets. Trade without emotions. You cannot conquer the stock market until you conquer your own mentality first because almost every hurdle in your trading originates internally from within your mind, not externally from the market.
If you want to achieve a solid contraction of the back fibers (which you need to if you want to get an awesome looking back), you need to be thinking about driving your elbow down
When you try and use too much weight, you’ll find it harder to pull your shoulders right back to squeeze your back muscles. -
The more load the more focus you’ll need so you DON’T bend forward (trying to throw the load down) which reduces lat muscle recruitment. -
Having your body tilt forward will also cause more elbow flexion, placing more tension to the biceps (ever had more biceps pump than back?) - For a great back contraction, follow these tips - ✅ Keep the upper part of your back extended at all times ✅ Keep your abs locked down. This will prevent you leaning back too much ✅ At the top of the exercise, stretch then initiate with your lats by depressing your shoulder girdle first before pulling down ✅ Drive your elbow down
✅ Pause at the point where you reach the contraction. ✅ As you return to the lengthened range (stretch), keep hold of your lats at all times. So you don't lose tension. - Give these tips a try and let me know how you get on. - If you found these tips helpful, please do TAG a friend in to this post. :)
🍂There are 15 days left until 2018 and this was my lock screen all year. Relentless was my word for the year so this was a constant reminder despite every challenge.
I started the year determined to not waver in the pursuit of my purpose and life goals. This year has been tough but I’m still going. Through progress and setbacks I can’t wait to share about all the goodness that 2017 has provided. Today I’m standing on Galatians 6:9 NLT-“So let us not get tired of doing what is good, at just the right time we will reap a harvest if we don’t give up”. Happy Saturday! #relentless#dontquit
"Success lies just one step beyond failure". To this day I carry this advice with me.
Follow @activestocks for great inspiration and crypto info. Great page and very active poster.
Comment below your favorites books. FOLLOW 🔜@billionentrepreneur🔚 To thrive you need motivation everyday.
Learn how I went from growing up in a small town of 1,500 people to working online and getting multi-million dollar clients without spending a dollar on advertising and getting them world-class results.
If you want the confidence that you're completely up to date with the science of training and get access to a step-by-step guide to write the best customized training programs for your clients, there's only a few hours left to sign up for the Ultimate Training Mentorship pre-sale package that includes the entire course curriculum plus 3 completely FREE bonuses worth over $500
Listen, coming through this industry as a coach I know exactly what it feels like to be a trainer who hasn't reached their full potential yet.
I was intimidated to discuss my practice with other industry professionals (sometimes I didn't even have an exact system or plan), I didn't have the confidence to take on the tough clients who don't get results easily, and I was completely tired of working the chaotic personal trainer work schedule and not having any money to show for it.
I want to make sense of all the science for you so that your clients see rapid results. I want to show you how to create a program so effective your word of mouth referrals will multiply so that you never spend a dime on advertising and you can pick your own work schedule.
If 2018 is your year of domination, we'll be talking soon. Check out the link in the bio and view our curriculum now because this pre-sale special will not be available tomorrow.
Last Day of Cardiology! ❤️💉Bittersweet--Loved the rotation and I sure did work hard!
5 things I learned on this rotation:
1. Don't just look at numbers (lab results) and imaging but LISTEN TO YOUR PATIENTS! In many cases, the patient's story points you right at the diagnosis.
2. DO A THOROUGH PHYSICAL EXAM! A good physical exam is an indispensable skill. Similar to the patient's story, the physical exam can give much insight to the cardiopulmonary processes going on the body!
3. BE CONFIDENT in your knowledge and skill set! Cardiologist are some of the smartest doctors I've met. They all differ–to some extent–in their medical decision making & management but they know their stuff and can back it up. Because of this, it could be intimidating coming up with a treatment plan, presenting patients and making diagnostic suggestions. Whenever I made a suggestion or initiated a therapy, I asked myself why I chose that particular treatment/procedure, how it would change or affect my management, and additional procedures given certain findings. I became well versed on indications for particular therapeutic and diagnostic procedures and confident in my medical knowledge and decision-making. By the end of the rotation I was impressed with my ability to care for these complicated patients as were my attendings!
4. STUDY STUDY STUDY! On cardiology I encountered so many different diseases and conditions that I had only read in textbooks. Every day, I spent 30-45 minutes reading up on those conditions and becoming more familiar with them! This allowed me to put a disease/condition with a patient--helping solidify this knowledge.
5. GET INVOLVED! Cardiology is an essential rotation in Medicine which is understandable given the fact that the heart is a vital organ in the body. When patients are having procedures, try to watch them being performed and if possible scrub into cases. This way, you become familiar with the routine procedures performed such as ECHOs, stress tests, heart caths and heart surgeries.