R E F O R M E R ▪️
- Small classes of 5 - Individualised attention
- Full body workout - Suited to any level of fitness/ modifications are given to suit each clients needs - Improve your strength, posture, flexibility and endurance - Lots of FUN!!! If you haven’t tried a Reformer class at Inner Strength we suggest you come and visit us! The best way to get started if you haven’t done any Reformer Pilates before is with a one on one assessment. That way you’ll be able to attend our clinical classes also 🤗👏🏼 VISIT- www.pilatesinnerstrength.com.au
Definition of alignment: a position of agreement or alliance.
This is what Pilates is all about:
• alignment of the head, spine and pelvis along the vertical axis
• alignment of the shoulder girdles, ribs, pelvis and hips across the horizontal axes • alignment of the limbs in relation to one another and within their proximal joint connections
• alignment of the breath into the movement
• alignment and integration of the core elements: pelvic floor, transversus abdominus, thoracolumbar fascia and diaphragm
• alignment of the intrinsic and extrinsic forces which act upon the body
Keeping weird... which is apparently my new Pilates style ... @cmpilates with my amazing Wednesday night crew! Did a Functional Movement Screen to start class and went from there! So often we get stuck on our own patterns as instructors that we forget to look at the amazing perfectly imperfect bodies in front of us and use them as our inspiration for class! And after a LOT of thoracic rotation we all had more shoulder mobility. #keepingitweird#FMS#functionalmovemevtscreen#miamipilates#pilatesbody#Pilateshasyourback
It’s Wednesday! Midweek workout time! Even though this is a Monday post, it was so good that we wanted to share it on Wednesday! @kerrysheapilates displays some stunning movement in helicopter to help open you up if you have been sitting all day. Plus it is just plain FUN!! Enjoy 😊!
Happy Monday! Working on finding length in the quads and hip-flexors, especially in psoas. Once the release is felt, I more readily can access my hamstring, glutes, adductors, TA and PF. These muscles are all helping to support the Jacknife. DM me if you would like more details on these exercises. ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨ This exercise is dedicated to @exchange_street_studio who is a brilliant ballet teacher. He recently sent me a gorgeous video of a dancer moving on the ladder barrel (with similar choreo as I in this video). He mentioned he wanted his dancers to do this. I love that he encourages his dancers to do Pilates and knows it’s a huge benefit to them. I quickly messaged back- they can with @balanced_body arc! It is a great solution for dance studios who do not have space for a full ladder barrel and/or don’t have it in the budget. It’s such a wonderful tool for dancers! ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨. Leggings are @altaregoapparel. This all women company buys their raw fabric from Italy to ensure strict environmental standards. The leggings are vegan, cruelty free, made in the USA and fair trade. You know exactly where your money is going when you buy these beautiful leggings. Use promo code kerrysheapilates for a 15% discount.
::Skate with a Twist:: Classic Skater with an added component of thoracic rotation. Good for the 🍑 and for the spine! Pro Tip: I like using the tactile cue and feedback from the foot bar on my shin to maintain hip stability in this movement. Try it out!
What is the perfect balance between working out + relaxation + fun time when you’re on vacation?? -
I wish I could offer you the perfect equation for this, but there isn’t one. A few women have approached me about the “stress” and “anxiety” of not working out on vacation...do NOT stress about it!!! You work so hard at home this is your time to let loose and DE-stress!!
Workout if you WANT to. If you ENJOY it. For me personally, i have to stretch everyday. But you know what? It takes 5 mins. Then my joints are lubricated, my hips open, and my body is limber to get on with some more R&R.
You can use this series as a warm-up, a cool down, (for you! @mnu312 & @indoorsunshine22 ) or a mini-mobile-workout if you don’t have much time (@amandarosemartinez great for traveling!!) Stay limber friends 🕺🏿💃🏼