Well I’m back. And now I’m a novice prop maker. So here’s a pic of my project I tackled today. Custom painted E-11 blasters. Added on the power cells/wiring onto the magwell. Then added red lenses to the front of back of the scopes. Very pleased with these. #starwars#stormtrooper#blasters#propmaking#custompainting#scifi
I've been working in the Heimerdinger's turret project and its coming along pretty quickly. I decided to make everything with less tools as possible as a challenge. So far I'm using an xacto knife and sandpaper. Magerial is .25 sintra and erything is glued with cyanoacrylate. Once I have Wi-Fi ill be uploading all the progress pictures to my Flickr, yes people still use that. #leagueoflegends#LOL#propmaking#heimerdinger#riot
It always feels so much more organized when everything is grey ^~^ 95% done with all the parts and now I just have small details to add on everything but the Zam Wesell ears and Widow side visors! I basically destroyed my hand with sanding today so I have to call it a night for now.
Hope these updates getting posted on my actual feed and not my story are okay. I'm trying to post more so I can be more engaged.
Honestly I can't wait to hide away in my basement and work on a new prop for a cosplay I won't do for another year or so. I can't wait to spend every moment thinking about which tape will work best and nothing else.
Before the American Horror Story mask was designed, scan data from a model was taken to ensure the mask would be perfectly fitted —here’s the ABS Plastic print of the model used for reference // #ahs#americanhorrorstory#propmaking#process
First things first. Let's get the hard part out of the way on this @pixar Coco guitar project. VECTOR TEMPLATE WORK YO! More exciting stuff to come....no wait.....I forgot about all the sanding I have to do, UGH! I'll save you from all that boring process. Just stay tuned, this will get more exciting promise! #pixar#pixarcoco#cocoguitar#propmaking#pixarprops#whatamigettingmyselfinto
Here’s a quick and easy prop making tutorial I used to make Lucille- it all around cost me less than $20 and the parts were super easy to find
;components: plastic bat, plastic stick spray paint, string, Elmer’s glue, H2O, hot glue gun, hanging device;
Plus it is convention ready!! pt.1
- plastic bat from local sporting goods store
- acrylic multipurpose spray paint for the bat (make sure to get s better brand since the paint I used didn’t like adhering to the plastic bat)
- I found this super simple decoration string at Hobby Lobby that already had the twisted cord look I was needing
-a glue bath to make the barbed wire ( 1/2 H2O 1/2 glue)
-cut 3 3-4 ft sections for wire and unravel one section to make the barbs
-submerge strings and hang to dry for about 30 min to 1 hr. (Depending on patience)
-cut the single stranded barb strings into 3 or 4 inch sections and proceed to hot glue and twist every 3 inches on the twisted cord
-proceed to twist the cord around the bat and hot glue barbed sections straight into the bat. Be sure to follow the natural flow of the string to not create awkward turns in the wire. - (optional) find a way to secure wire better than hot glue. Heavy duty staples may work.
-(optional) I would suggest weathering the bat using black and red paint to mimic natural wear and tear.
Lil update on my Soldier 76 projects! Started making his helix rocket ammo for an arm strap (I'll have to make another 3 for the belt) and they're almost ready for painting! .
Added more detail to my mask, scratches etc. also smoothed out a bunch of holes that were in the sides so they'll be perfect for painting. .
Also started making a little Beretta inspired Handgun for my leg holster! this is the first small gun prop I've made and it's going well, started shaping and making the bulkier add on pieces, just stocked up on more adhesive so I can finally continue! DIS SOLDIER GONNA BE A BADASS MOMMA