My research abstract has been approved, and I'm going to National Conference on Undergraduate Research.
Looks like I'm headed to Oklahoma for a few days in April to present said research!! #NCUR nationalconferenceonundergraduateresearch #GBED#DRD4#HERDA#Quarterhorse
DUH my horse knows how to tie! 😂🤦🏻♀️ He just gets bored & starts getting creative. 🤷🏻♀️ LOL! In all honesty, he’s great at tying up... he was just more interested in that plant in front of him 🤔🌱 What’s something goofy your horse does?
I'm going to post 10 facts about each of my horses! Stole this fun Idea from @hopes.pleasureful.ride 😂
I'm going to start with money
1) money was registered as a foal into the aqha incentive fund
2) her father is the one and only zippos sheik 😉 that's where she gets her beautiful liver chestnut color.
3) as a 3 year old she was on her way to an AQHA show and she was in a trailer wreck
4) resulting from the trailer wreck money is blind in her right eye and has a white scar on her withers.
5) when I got money she had aqha points in ranch
6) money was never actually trained for western pleasure. Before I got her she was ridden in ranch and HUS
7) I rode her in English once and did awful.
8) when I got her she had never done any halter, showmanship or trail classes
9) I've only owned her for a year an a half
10) she came from the one and only masterson farms 💗 .
#lakotayoungprofessionals#lakotaypa#lakota # #aqhaproud#aqha#ponies#quarterhorse#horse#horsehead
When you have a previously abused rescue mini who hates when you tame his lion mane. (Even brushes can be scary)... you pull out all the stops. Valor, Frankincense, and Lavender for ALL the emotional support. 😍🦄 I was waiting on this lovely comb to arrive. I’ll be attacking it soon! 🦁
So far I’ve just been posting knitting, but my mom sent me these photos of my horses and they’re too cute not to post. I miss them so much when I’m at college.
Powder (first photo) was my main high school equestrian team horse. Her best events are sorting and penning, but she also is great at gaming and drill. She’s now 16 and mostly retired from competition due to arthritis, but she still has a lot of energy and loves to ride in the arena and on the trail. She’s bad at eating apples and is my favorite horse I’ve ever had.
Finn (second photo) is Powder’s foal. He’s a coming two-year-old and will start under saddle in June. He’s a High Brow Cat grandson and I plan for him to be my next sorting horse. He loves to be sprayed with the hose, even in the face, but is scared to walk through puddles.