FUDGY AVOCADO BROWNIES WITH AVOCADO FROSTING 🥑🍫 Ingredients:
✔️ 300 g dark chocolate (chopped or chips) ✔️ 2 tbsp Coconut oil ✔️ 3 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled ✔️ 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup ✔️ 1 tsp vanilla extract ✔️ 3 eggs, at room temperature ✔️ 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder ✔️ 1/2 cup less 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
For the Avocado Frosting:
✔️ One ripe avocado, pitted and peeled ✔️ 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder ✔️ 3 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 200 •C.
2. Line the base and sides of a 9 x 13 in pan with parchment paper, allowing some overhang.
3. Put the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl set over simmering water, without it touching the water.
4. Melt the chocolate, stirring until smooth then remove from heat and set aside.
5. Place the avocado into a food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth.
6. Stir the avocado, honey and vanilla extract into the cooled chocolate.
7. Next, add the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is well mixed before adding the next.
8. Stir in the coconut flour and cocoa powder until the batter is smooth.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread to cover the pan and fill the corners. Smooth the top.
10. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top is firm to the touch.
11. Remove from oven and cool completely in the pan before lifting the brownie from the pan.
For the Avocado Frosting
1. Place frosting ingredients in a food processor or blender along with the cocoa powder and maple syrup.
2. Process/Blend, scraping down the sides as needed until very smooth.
3. Add more cocoa powder or maple syrup if needed to taste.
4. Spread over completely cooled brownies.
5. Cut the brownie into 24 pieces and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
6. Bismillah! 😋
Eid cookie tip!
Moroccan Almond cookies 🍪
✔️ 500g raw almonds
✔️ 250g powdered sugar ✔️ 6 egg yolks
✔️ 2 Tbsp melted butter
✔️ 1/2 tsp salt
✔️ 1 tsp vanilla extract
✔️ 2 tsp baking powder
✔️ 2 Tbsp Orange Blossom Water
1. Remove the skin of the almonds : Cover almonds in boiling water and soak for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and remove skin using your fingers or with a cloth. Allow the almonds to dry completely by letting them sit on a paper towel or a clean, dry cloth uncovered for a few hours or overnight.
2. Turn the oven on BROIL to preheat for about 20/25 minutes
3. Process the almonds and powdered sugar (save some for decoration) until you obtain a thick paste.
4. Add the salt, vanilla and butter.
5. Add the egg yolks, one at a time while mixing well with your hand.
6. Finally, add the baking powder, roll the dough into fairly big balls and roll in powdered sugar before placing in a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper).
7. Place the cookies on the bottom rack of the oven. Turn the oven OFF and let them bake for about 15 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the cookies so check on them after 12 minutes). The cookies need to puff up but do not over bake them; they need to stay white and not turn brown.
Ramadan Day 29 : Reminder! To keep your spirit alive, Ramadan.
if Allah wills, we will get to see more of this beautiful month in coming years. Aamiin 🙏🏻🙏🏻
Pasta salad with green aspargagus, kale & goat cheese 🥗
✔️ 250 gram whole wheat pasta
✔️ 450 grams if green asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
✔️ 1 pint cherry tomatoes
✔️ 2 tbsp olive oil
✔️ salt and black pepper, to taste
✔️ 1 shallot, minced
✔️ 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
✔️ 1 tbsp dijon mustard
✔️ 1 tsp dried herbes de Provence
✔️ 1 1/2 tsp honey
✔️ 2 tbsp vinegar
✔️ 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
✔️ 250 gram chopped kale
✔️ 60 gram goat cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 200 •C. Set a pot of water to boil, adding salt. Cook pasta according to package directions. In the last two minutes of cooking, add the kale. Drain and set aside.
2. Toss asparagus and cherry tomatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and a large pinch of salt and medium pinch of black pepper. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
3. Combine shallots, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, and vinegar in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add 1 tbsp olive oil. Stir in salt and black pepper, to taste.
4. Place pasta, kale, asparagus, tomatoes, and olives in a large bowl. Toss. Drizzle the dressing over the top. Toss until well mixed. Stir in the goat cheese.
5. Serve at room temperature & Bismillah 😋
Lentil Soup 🍜
✔️ 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
✔️ 1 large onion, finely diced
✔️ 3 large carrots, diced
✔️ 2 celery stalks, diced
✔️ 2 cups green lentils, rinsed
✔️ 14 oz can diced tomatoes (with liquid)
✔️ 6 cups vegetable broth, low sodium ✔️ 2 cups water
✔️ 3 bay leaves
✔️ 1/2 tsp salt
✔️ 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
✔️ 2 handfuls of spinach, roughly chopped
✔️ Cooking spray
Preheat large pot on medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add garlic and onions. Saute until translucent. Add carrots and celery and saute for 5 more minutes. Add lentils and saute for another 3-5 minutes.
Add diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, water, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes. Add spinach, remove from heat and let stand covered a few minutes. Serve warm garnished with Parmesan cheese if desired.
MAJLIS PENAMAAN BAHARU MASJID JAMEK KUALA LUMPUR KEPADA MASJID JAMEK SULTAN ABDUL SAMAD KUALA LUMPUR.
Tanggal 23 Jun 2017 bersamaan 28 Ramadan 1438H, Duli Yang Maha Mulia Sultan Selangor Darul Ehsan, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah Alhaj berkenan merasmikan nama baharu Masjid Jamek Kuala Lumpur kepada Masjid Jamek Sultan Abdul Samad Kuala Lumpur. .
Baginda tiba di Masjid Jamek Sultan Abdul Samad Kuala Lumpur disambut oleh Perdana Menteri Malaysia, Y.A.B Dato' Sri Najib bin Tun Abdul Razak di perkarangan Masjid. Turut hadir bersama Baginda adalah D.Y.T.M Tengku Amir Shah Ibni Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah, Raja Muda Selangor.