Really enjoying exploring new ways with lentils on #wwflex - now they are zero points! Roasted some root veggies with garam masala and chilli, tossing in some cherry tomatoes for the last 19 minutes. Added a packet of @merchantgourmet puy lentils and served with roasted salmon #healthyeating#lentils#recipetesting
Recipe testing with scallops , we marinated in spices and then cooked on the top of the tandoor! I can tell you this is so delicious. You will be able to taste similar recipe in January 2018 @carousel_ldn .
From the test kitchen today: rosemary ricotta waffles with lavender infused honey. I know we’re about to indulge in an amazingly huge meal, but I couldn’t resist starting the day with this treat. These waffles have just the right crisp on the outside, and the (homemade) ricotta created the perfect fluffy-yet-chewy inside. Plus rosemary and lavender both have huge mood improving and stress relieving qualities— and who couldn’t use a little mood boost and stress relief before a day full of cooking and family?
Some recipe testing going down in Heather’s Holistic Homestead Kitchen this morning.
Wanna guess what I am whipping up? 🐻💪🏻
See those white labels? They mean that Canada 🇨🇦 now has Young Living Essential Oils labelled (APPROVED) for ingestion! Y’all, this is HUGE!!!
Stop by my Mini Christmas Open House this Tuesday and/or the Lord Nelson Public School Vendor and Craft Sale this Thursday to learn more about why you NEED Essential Oils in your life, and why the MOST important quality of the Essential Oils you choose to use is QUALITY! .
Or join me at one of my upcoming FREE Healthy Living with Essential Oils Classes!
May your day be just as amazing as you decide it will be! .
Please forgive the less than elegant reindeer on what is otherwise one of those elegant little cakes they do so well in Austria. This is nusstorte with a shedload of frangelico added to the whipped cream. I love frangelico. I love Christmas cake decorations. Next column, next Friday.
Sauces!!! My top three nutrient dense sauces loaded with veggies, no chopping required, just a blender!
It's so easy to end up gettinf trapped into eating plain and sometimes bland food when we endeavour to start eating better, or eating less processed foods or although a term I'm particularly friendly with, eating 'clean'. Yes sauces are where those extra calories stack up, but a lot of them are also laden with sugar and unnecessary additives.
Having some SUPER easy to make alternatives on hand which also double up as dips is a must. I'm a woman of variety!!! 1. Romesco with @meridianfoods almond butter
2. Pea basil pesto with @meridianfoods pistachio butter
3. Pumpkin cheese sauce with @meridianfoods cashew butter... Too many recipes for one post so I'll share them over the coming days on my Instastories! 😉
When you want a yummy dessert that's also kind of healthy... THIS IS IT and is super easy to make which I'm always all about 💁🏼
It's just a little mix of 1 medium sized Granny Smith Apple baked (heated in the microwave to be extra speedy), a dash of cinnamon, a dallop of apple spiced nonfat Greek yogurt, and 2 tbsp @pbfit.official powdered peanut butter. YUM the perfect treat that can pass as healthy 🤗 Happy Almost Thanksgiving, friends!! 💗💗💗
Chef @trevorritchie4 in the test kitchen today.. Piped Pâte à Choux Tunnels. Very happy to announce that the Dec 4 fundraiser at Atelier in Ottawa is officially SOLD OUT! Thank you to everyone that bought a ticket. We can’t wait #bocusedorcanada#bocusedor#pateachoux#recipetesting
Still stressing about what you’re gonna bring to Thanksgiving dinner! Try out this super simple vegan/grain free/low sugar pumpkin sweet potato pie that I adapted from @feastingonfruit! ✨ Only 8 ingredients two bowls and a blender needed to make it! 🙌🏻 Recipe below:
Prep time: 15 MINUTES
Cook time: 50 MINUTES
Total time: 65 MINUTES
✨ 3 cups almond flour
✨ 4 tbsp maple syrup
✨ 2 tbsp water
✨ 1 tsp cinnamon
✨ 2 cups pumpkin puree
✨ 1 cup baked and mashed sweet potato
✨ 1/2 cup maple syrup
✨ 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
✨ 1 tsp ground cloves
✨ Splash of almond milk
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together crust ingredients with a fork until combined. It should look crumbly but stick together when pressed down in your skillet.
3. Line your cast iron skillet with parchment paper (I️ used a cast iron because I️ love the look of it. It just feels more festive & you don’t even have to transfer to a serving platter. SCORE! ☺️). You can also use cupcake tins if you want to make mini pies (line those the same way)*
4. Press the crust into the skillet, creating an even layer. Wetting your fingers helps if its too sticky.
5. Pop in the oven for 20 min or until the edges just start to become slightly golden (dont over bake, you don’t want the crust to burn later before your filling has baked through). ONTO THE FILLING ☝🏼
6. Blend the filing ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy (I️ used a @vitamix, but any blender will do).
7. Remove the crust from the oven & pour over the crust. Smooth the top and pop back in the oven for 30 min.
8. Remove from oven & cool for @ least 3 hours or overnight* (keep in fridge till it’s time to serve). 9. Devour and do a happy dance 💃🏻 *if you’re using cupcake tins, you only need to pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes before adding the filling and finishing the baking. *the longer the pie sits, the more enhanced the flavors become. So this is a great pie to make the night before 👌🏼 #thanksgiving#happythanksgiving#turkeyday#pie#dessert#vegan#grainfree#lowsugar#healthylifestyle#treatyoself#guiltfree#dessertporn#baking#chicago
In progress: onion bread. The first time I tried this was in a raw restaurant in Quebec City last year and it blew my mind. The sandwich was SO tasty and it turns out it was their homemade onion bread that put it over the edge! Naturally, Andrew had to give it a whirl. Everything on onion bread tomorrow! 😂 #testkitchen#recipetesting