Today I took so much needed day off ...I spent fabulous day in the garden ...planting, dividing, moving plants around... reading book on the deck this afternoon and just doing absolutely nothing. ..just enjoy the summer 💚💚💚
Good morning my friends!
Perfecty shaped and beautiful colored rocks from Sunday hike ( Gaff point) .
Rocks are one of those things that I bring home all the time and found room for it in the garden and home. Just love the rocks 💙
What will you choose this week? If you're struggling to make good food choices why don't you set yourself a goal, for one week (only 7 days) to just eat clean! Eat only real, natural, unprocessed wholefoods (fresh fruit and veg, quality protein, healthy fats, wholegrains carbs). Make it challenge. Then check in with yourself at the end of the week and see how you feel. I dare you 😉😉😜
A night in the ER leading to a 1am dinner and a comfy hospital cot made days 4 & 5 of #whole30 a real challenge. Luckily I was able to find some @aidellssausage @epicbar and some apples to get me through. Not the best but was able to stay compliant!
Inspired by @dunnandwalton Apple and Raspberry Porridge & its gorgeous colours. My version below:
1 peeled and diced apple
A handful of raspberries (I used frozen)
1 Tbsp water
Sprinkle of cinnamon
2/3 cup oats
1 ½ cup nut milk
1 tsp flaxseeds (optional)
1 tsp honey
1 Tbsp almond butter
1. Heat apples and raspberries with the water till water is boiled. Sprinkle in the cinnamon.
2. Reduce the heat and continually stir the apple and raspberries every now and then for 10-15 minutes ( till softened).
3. Whilst waiting for apples and raspberries to soften, in another saucepan add the oats, nut milk and cinnamon and bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat, add honey and flaxseeds and continually stir the oats till softened.
5. Place in oats in a bowl when at consistency you like and pour over the apple and berry compote.
6. Add some almond butter or nut butter of choice!
Take every meal as an opportunity to put the best of nutrients in your ever so beautiful and amazing body✨ 💕
Scones are always my favorite pastry. I love it's gold outer crust, and a light-gold, moist inner crumb. I'm going to bake these butter free, refined sugar free. Cacao Lemon Scones in the oven. Each mouthful so pleasurable, indulge in what your body wants and this is what mine called for this morning. @thefeedfeed
- 2 3/4 cups @kingarthurflour Unbleached All-Purpose Flour - 1/2 cup solid coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon - 1 tsp lemon extract or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond millk
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest - 8-10 socked medjool dates
- 1 egg - 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder @gardenoflife (optional). -1 tbsp cacao powder @navitasorganics
Methods: preheat the oven to 425°F. - soak medjool dates in warm water for 15 mins, then using food processer blend it to puree like - In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, medjool dates , salt, cinnamon, baking powder and vanilla protein powder. - add solid coconut oil just until the mixture is unevenly crumbly (freeze 1/2 cup coconut oil for 10 mins)
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon/vanilla extract, lemon zest and almond milk. - add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until all is moistened and holds together - knead the dough in the bowl just until it holds together, and turn it out onto a lightly floured board - shape the dough into round, about 3/4" thick. - for best texture and highest rise, place scones on the baking sheets and freeze for 30 minutes, uncovered. - cut the dough into triangles and place them about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. - bake the scones for 25-30 minutes, or until they're golden brown. - remove the scones from the oven, and cool briefly. Serve warm. They're delicious as is
Banana chocolate and maca smoothie with #glutenfree#vegan#refindsugarfree banana chocolate muffins 🤤
2 very ripe bananas
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cacao powder unsweetened
1 cup coconut sugar
1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup coconut oil
3/8 cup water
Just finished these beauties 💪 and they are ready for you guys 😋 Check our website for full list of stockists 😀 @simplehealthkitchen @your_willow @vitalingredient @thecommonespressobar @wiredco_london @cableco_london @pawsforcoffeeuk @portobellojuice .....
@champagnechores is a domesticated goddess right now! She's on 🔥🔥 in the kitchen cooking/baking up a storm. Making a delish casserole and 2x loaves of my coconut banana bread (or maybe 1x loaf and 1x muffins). Go check out her insta story now to see what she's up too and how she's making them!
Such an easy delish recipe, stoked you guys are loving it so much! 💕💕💕
Vegan Donuts with Magical Lavender. Just because I have chosen to have a lifestyle that doesn’t include wheat, sugar, or animal products, doesn’t mean that I don’t still love treats!
For the donuts:
1 cup Gluten free white flour
4 tbsp Date Sugar
2 tbsp Flaxseeds
2 tbsp Corn flour – (I put them separately again like in Rainbow Chard Muffins , don’t get confused )
1 tsp Vanilla powder
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking powder
5 drops Lavender essence
¼ cup Coconut oil
100 ml Almond milk
For the ganache:
150 g dark chocolate
¼ cup coconut oil
2 tbsp almond milk
For the topping :
Preheat oven to 375F
Mix all ingredients together to form a smooth batter. Pour the batter into lightly greased donut shaped baking molds. Bake 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the ganache- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together, and whisk in the almond milk until smooth. If the ganache starts to harden again, simply reheat it and whisk until smooth.
Once the donuts are cooled, remove from the pan. Carefully pour the ganache over top, and sprinkle each donut with lavender.
Creamy Figs Dessert. 😀 It has been so hot lately, and I crave cool, sweet refreshing treats on a warm day like today. And, as much as I love ice cream, it isn’t always practical when preparing treats for a crowd. That’s what I love about these bars- they’re absolutely stunning, and would make a welcome addition to a garden party (or even a bridal or baby shower!), and they have a cool, creamy texture reminiscent of ice cream cake. Best of all, they’re completely vegan and sugar free, and full of healthy ingredients!
1 cup raw almonds, soaked overnight
½ cup Flaxseeds
1 tbsp Raw Cacao
¼ cup Water
For Cashew Cream:
500 g Cashew nuts, soaked overnight
1 cup Desiccated Coconut
500 ml Coconut cream
3 tbsp Agave Syrup
4 fresh figs, cut into thin medallions
1. In a food processor, combine all ingredients until they form a dough.
2. Press the mixture down into a tin to form the base.(use a baking paper underneath)
3. Place in the freezer for at least 30 min before pouring the cream in.
1. Blend all the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Putting it all together:
1. Pour the mixture on top of the base.
2. Allow to set in the freezer for 10-15 min before placing the fig slices on top.
3. Freeze for at least 4-5 hours( or overnight) 4. Remove from the freezer about 15-20 minutes before serving. #vegandessert#veganicecreamdessert#dairyfree#dairyfreedesserts#refindsugarfree#sugarfreedesserts#veganchef#veganlife#veganchef#lecordonbleu#cordonbleu#vegancooking#foodism#foodisart#cookvegan#glutenfreedesserts
Orange and Coconut Cake (Gluten Free)
Easing off my cacao addiction towards citrus flavours 🍊
1 cup coconut flour
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
5 eggs (Or for vegan option, can use 5 chia -eggs)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius and line loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Lightly beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add all the wet ingredients together.
4. Add wet ingredients in the large bowl and mix all together.
5. Put in lined loaf tin. (Option to add medallions of sliced oranges on top for decoration). 6. Put in oven for 45 minutes until cooked through (I use toothpick to check if cooked). The texture of the cake is dense and moist given the use of coconut flour and almond meal. You can replace the almond meal with coconut flour or play around with the ratios 🤓 This would also taste nice with a handful of raisins in the mix.