Chit chatty running with friends. Tough to get up today, but made easier knowing I had someone to meet and knowing so many others were joining the #runbravechallenge today. To Run Is To Live. Raise awareness. Destigmatise mental illness. #runbrave#torunistolive 👌🏼
Here's to the start of our season tomorrow🏃🏼♀️💪🏼 #runbrave
It was so hard to get out of bed this morning but I'm so glad I did 💜 Met up w/a great group of gals to run the trail & start the weekend just right ❤ Was able to hang w/the group for a really speedy first mile but then fell back to a more comfy pace. Amy & I knocked out a fantastic 6 miles & the scenery was just gorgeous 👟🌲 Countdown to Christmas Is On & Come Onnnnnnn Snow 🎅☃️🎁🎄
Run therapy session with these two gorgeous girls this morning and I am so grateful for their support. Running is a powerful tool and without this run and their company this morning I wouldn’t have had the strength to say good bye to my beautiful fur baby. Love you and miss you forever Jess ❤️😢
Sweating it out on the treadmill for the last hour. Omg it's hot!!!! So need a fan in the garage! Now where's the food!!!
After my sprints Thursday I had a serious case of DOMS yesterday, which made me nervous about today and my long run. Needless to say my body didn't disappoint and I woke up with a serious case of run regret before I even started! Pushed through and I was quietly impressed with my splits for the first 9km, the last 3km were pretty wobbly but I stayed on my feet! Looking forward to my taper week and some much needed recovery before I tackle my half marathon distance #evolutionrunners#rfgear#rflifestyle#garminau#beatyesterday#runningmumsaustralia#runbrave#runtheworld#rundownunder
Race 4️⃣ Southern Lakes: the gift of pacing your race
I learnt an important lesson in Wanaka. Determined to ace a sub-2hr race on the downhill course, I went out too fast and conked out early ⏱ It was still a PB, but a long way off my goal. 🎁 For the next 10 days, we’re sharing the gifts each 12HALF12 race gave us, in a countdown to our 2018 challenge reveal! 🎄
A long ride is the answer to a question you’ll soon forget - Nice to be back out on the bike and perfect day for it 👌☀️
#speedsessionThursday and starting to get some pace back. Final rep at 3:41 pace and I’m done! Session consisted of 3km warm up at 5:40 pace followed by 10X 200m efforts at 3:40-3:45 pace and 200m recoveries at 5:20-5:30 pace.
Stay tuned for @evolution.runners RUNFIT Summer Challenge coming soon!
DAY TWO 🎅
12 days of Christmas Running Challenge - Day Two - 14th December - 14km
Reflections from this morning's run: Today I am grateful for:
1. Treadmills (yes....you did read that correctly) - allowing me to get in the kilometres in safety before sunrise.
2. Clean, cool drinking water straight from the tap💧
3. Time - the luxury of time to run, reflect and be this self indulgent! 😂
4. My glutes - for learning to activate and relax so quickly. Still a work in progress, but we're making small gains. 🍑
5. Merryn from @omorfia_moments
who works so well with my broken down body to keep me moving. Best massage therapist going around!
6. @mamamarmalade for recommending Merryn and @damien_benson1. And just being an outright legendary human being. No better person in the world to waste 3 hours with around the 'trails' of Narrabeen 😚😚
7. @kimmimb (my big Sister) for always being so positive and adventurous. Such an incredible role model.💕
8. Watermelon - Sweet, refreshing and a legit form of hydration 🍉
9. @runnersloveyoga @doyogarunfaster for making a watermelon running singlet 🍉 And for always inspiring me to stay become more agile and strong 💪
10. @blackdogtrails for always showing others how to live with courage and resilience.❤
11. @run.brave for inspiring me to run for a reason bigger than myself.❤
12. My job. I'm so lucky to be able to do what I love, with kids I adore, every day. There's not a day I don't belly laugh at something once of my boys says or does 😂😂
#12daysofrunning ❤ @run.brave ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Not gonna lie, training the body to run fatigued is tough, but at the same time, it's the strongest I've felt.
70mins on trail yesterday followed by 9k of gentle hills tonight, both in the heat. Now #fisiocrem , it's time for you to work your magic on these calves.